“2nd time in HK & 2nd time stay at Largos”
Review of Largos Hotel

Largos Hotel
Ranked #375 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“2nd time in HK & 2nd time stay at Largos”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

i must admit, staying here was purely because of the price, location and cleanliness. paid about 900HKD for each night on a long stay price. free wifi & welcome fruit basket was said to be included.

exit from Jordon B2 mrt, walk straight, first junction turn left and Largos could be seen from the corner. very convenient for traveling around HK.

took A21 airport bus (HKD33) from the airport to where novotel on nathan road was and walked to the hotel, approx 3 streets away (even with heavy luggage, didnt take me more than 10mins walking time). returned to the airport the same manner. much cheaper than the airport MTR express (was about HKD100+). the airport bus was good for our budget trip.

i stayed in 703 twin room this time (if i'm not wrong i stayed in 704 the other time!). the room looked exactly the same. equally small but equally clean. sufficient for a 4 night stay. liked the fact that they were willing to change my towels and floor mats everyday (some cheaper hotels i stayed in dont do this willingly). didnt like the bed as it was really hard and the pillows were really thin and flat. wasn't too bothered about the thin walls (could near some slamming of doors and people walking along the walkway). still managed to get some rest after so much walking in HK.

we supposedly had free wifi included in our room but the receptionist wanted to charge us for it. we had to show her our confirmation letter before she was willing to give it to us free. the fruit basket (2 apples, 2 oranges & 1 kiwi) was not given to us until we asked for it. i would say they are quite bad at their service. doesnt really bother me as we got it in the end.

the main part whereby i hated about this hotel is definitely its wifi. way tooo slow and kept disconnecting me. upon disconnection, wifi password had to be re-entered and connecting to the connection was already very slow. every night i had to spend at least 20mins trying to connect myself. my friend faced a similar problem with her connection too. the hotel should seriously look into this (can't imagine hotel guests who had to pay for the lousy connection. if my memory doesn't fail me, it was minimally HKD50).

Room Tip: if one is not too picky about room size, a standard basic room should suffice for basic accommodatio...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank peacex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
WA
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Prior to staying in Kowloon, I stayed at a few hotels on the HK island and one of the nicer medium priced one is the Charterhouse. Anyway.... I've read all the reviews here about Largos and some of them were negative but I decided to go with the positive ones and book with Largos. After staying there for Four nights, I cannot complain as the service and room was excellent for the price (HK900). The location is fantastic.....although TST is really the place for high end shopping. Plenty of shops around the Largos too, and transport is really not an issue in HK. I've seen most guest houses around Kowloon and they are equally expensive and really rubbish compared to the largos. Of course there are much better hotels just down the road from Largos but they dont come cheap. And yes...I've had a look at the MK whilst I was walking the streets of Kowloon.....stay away from that one as its terrible. Cannot even be compared to the largos.And before I forget.....the beds were comfortable too...nice and firm...great for your back.....not soft sinking rubbish that some hotels pass off as luxury.
For what I paid at the Largos, I must say that it was a great place to stay so if you are on a medium budget of around HK 900 ignore the bad reviews here and you wont go wrong.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 11th Floor....thinking the noise would be less...but the Largos is on a very quiet s...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jazza11
Penang
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed 3 nights at Largos. My first trip to HongKong. This hotel is on Kowloon side, situated just 50metres from bustling Nathan Road. You will find plenty of restaurants, small shops, shopping complexes along Nathan Road. Rooms are clean and adequate for 2 adults. Turn down service everyday. Jordan MTR is 1 minute walk away, so getting around on subway is a breeze. Price is a little steep though ... paid HKD1100 per night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Discovery71
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed October 9, 2011

the hotel location is excellent. the room is a bit small but according to our guide hotel rooms in hongkong are a bit smaller than anywhere else in the world. do not expect too much from the hotel. its a 3 star hotel and they have 3 star amenities. staff is partially friendly.

Room Tip: book through a travel agent. rooms are more expensive if you walk in
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Sunkissedguy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

It’s my first trip to HK for 7D6N. Was quite afraid if booked an uncomfortable, inconvenient, dirty & noisy hotel because will be staying for 6 Nights. But luckily, this hotel surprised me! Book a double deluxe room. Though the room is small compared to what we get in Malaysia, but it’s very clean and comfy. It’s just nice for a couple. We are still able to walk after displaying our luggage. Bathroom is very clean and room service is good. Doorbell man is very friendly and guides us everywhere we wanted to go. They could even provide us details of weather, transportation, food, places of interest! Not to forget this hotel is located very near to shops (convenient for food and shopping) as well as a 1 min walk to the MRT station (Jordan station) and bus stops. I’ve to mention this that the receptionist (a lady) is so responsible at sending their guests into a cab to the airport. There were 7 of us with more than 10 luggage and we need 3 cabs. Due to the peak time for getting cabs, she ran to the main street to stop 3 cabs for us. In conclusion, I would really come back to this hotel as it’s worth to stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joyceiji
Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2011

nice and decent room,though it's not very spacious. Its suitable for leisure stay. great location, it's near to ladies market about 10mins walk and 2 mins walk to MTR! it's very convenient ,near to coffeehouse and departmental stores.would definitely be back again. Staff is ok, just need to be more specific. I requested for blanket but they gave me a box of matches , no big deal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank duettes
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights @ the best suite (executive suite, if i am not wrong). The good thing is its location, near the MTR and great bakery where we had egg tarts every morning!

The room is not spacious for executive suite but i guess much bigger than Hong Kong Standard. It is very clean.

We were disappointed though, that the hotel provides free LAN to the room (but the website said wi-fi)..so we asked if we can borrow LAN cable...and they said "we lent it all" and basically they will not do anything for you even though we stayed in the most expensive suite.
The girl receptionist in the lobby also never showed any smile. We stayed four nights and we never get to see her smile (but doormen were quite friendly).

But the location is great for the price, compared to other hotels in Nethan hotels so we might stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple