“lovely hotel with even lovelier staff”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #21 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I spent 3 nights at the Conrad in hong kong en route to australia 17-20 july ad I have to say it is one of the loveliest hotels i have ever stayed in ..... I had a standard peak view room with a lovely view and very large windows . we had an adjoining room for our kids < half price if they are both under 18 > and took adantage of the advanced purchase rate with dinner and breakfast.

the rooms are beautifully appointed with internet access < £10 per day approx > nice large flat screen t.v. with the usual selection of international channels . the beds are large and comfy with fantastic bedding and pillows. the bathrooms are spotless , also well appointed with excellent amenities , lots of towels and also dressing gowns and robes to use. the location of this hotel is also superb , with a shopping mall and MTR station directly underneath , a short walk also to te peak tram station and a nice park that also includes an aviary.

the hotel staff are also a delight , they simply cannot do enough for you and are so polite and smile all the time . they were particularly helpful with our request for early check in and late check out , nothing it would seem is a problem , i have never visited the hotel before but after just a day there any staff i had already had contact with seemed to have remembered my name . the only down side to the stay was that there was a bit of renovation going on to the pool and cafe area which wasn't notified in advance , there was a bit of noise when using the pool but nothing too bad really , also the gym wasn't available but you could use the gym at the hotel next door < 2 minute walk > s not an issue really .... one thing i would recommend they look at is the menu available to folks on the dinner and breakfast rate .... it was in a smart a la carte restaurant < brasseries on eigth > and on this rate you are entitled to the fixed menu , which has a choice of about 4 things and only 1 desert choice < or 2 if you include a souffle that you need to order when you go in so they can prepare it > . the menu didn't change at all during my three nights which was just about o.k. but would have been a bit of an issue had we stayed a few more nights ...... breakfast is a fantastic buffet with plenty of everything and more than adequate for even the heartiest of eaters ..... overall this is a superb hotel made even more special by the lovely lovely staff

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank timsmith1963

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I choosed this Conrad due to the long shopping list of my wife, there is a shopping more right under it. In fact, my choice is quite right.

Since this Conrad has been opend for a long time (maybe 15+ years), even it was re-decorated recently, according to my experience of HK hotels, I did not have high expectation.

But, it really did suprised me. the room is large, especally for make up room. And, there is a large window in the room, so that you can see the harbour just in front of your face. Really, it changed my prior image of HK hotels.

The sevice is good, no matter the doorman or the front desk, no matter you asking the route or make a bill exchange, really good.

Only one thing not so nice is their price of breakfast, above HKD 300+ per person. On this point, I agree with other reviewers, in a place like HK, where provided varies cusine styles in every corner, a HKD 300+ breakfast is not valuable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCJChengdu_
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Staying at the Conrad Hong Kong was such a joy! It has got to be the best hotel among those I've stayed in around Hong Kong. The room was spacious, considering that HK hotels are usually cramped. The bed was firm. The room and hallways were always kept clean. The marble bathroom was very elegant. Lots of soft, clean towels. We also had a great view of the harbor. The location was excellent - shops and restaurants in the same complex, plus easy access to the MTR Admiralty station. The only downside to our stay was the limited choices available for the breakfast buffet. Aside from that, my husband and I truly enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Conrad Hong Kong Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gafrancomd
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Stayed there on reward points but I am not sure I would otherwise afford it. Amazing views of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. I got an upgraded room on the executive floor but unfortunately it had a view towards the mountain. Excellent public areas for a coffee or a meal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dimitr
Reviewed August 10, 2010

my wife & i spent 5 nights here using hilton honors points....we had a fantastic stay....

got to the hotel early in the morning & was taken to the exec lounge for check in....the agent told me that i had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite since i was a diamond member....this is my first & only suite upgrade as a diamond in over 4 years with the program....we got a lovely one bedroom suite on the 58th floor....

the room if very nice with a great view....living room, 2 bathrooms, huge bedroom....

during our last evening they even sent in some champagne & strawberries to the room....

this is without a doubt one of my best hilton stays....this hotel is fantastic....

the location is very nice & they have an amazing lounge....we tried 2 different restaurants at the hotel & they were both great as well....

there is a mall underneath the hotel & we spent a decent amount of time there as well....

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank saintsaad
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. I used frequent flyer miles so my assessment of "value" may be different than those who have paid the hotel's expensive nightly rate.

The service at this hotel is stellar and I was surprised to be recognized by some non-front desk personnel even though I had not visited for some time. My room was very comfortable with lots of amenities, a good view--be sure to try to get a good view of the harbor while it still exists, though you may have to pay extra, and access to the executive lounge, which had good food and great service, though both the lounge and the dining areas are on the cramped side.

If you get a hotel package with breakfast, you will not be disappointed. The buffet breakfast at the hotel is fantastic!

The hotel gym is the only thing I think can be improved at the hotel, particularly because of its small size, but I think the hotel is improving or planning to improve it.

The hotel is very conveniently located near Pacific Plaza which has lots of businesses, shops, and restaurants. It is easy to catch a cab, to walk, or to take public transportation to many locations from this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Worlds_of_Wonder
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I was in Hong Kong for a full week and this time I stayed at the Conrad. As I was arriving well after midnight from Singapore I was concern that the check in might be not so smooth but I was wrong. As soon as I arrived the checking was done within few minutes and within 10 minutes I was in my room with the bags following me.
My room unfortunately did not have a harbor view but it was still nice and quiet (been on the 55th floor you could not hear anything; rooms start from the 40th floor going up to 61st). It was nice to find a platter full of fruits and some nice chocolates which I enjoyed a lot.
The room was a decent size but nothing special but it had everything you needed. The bathroom was clean & modern and with a good size shower which is what I want during my business trips.
As I was staying over the weekend I did enjoy the swimming pool for few hours. Its relatively small but overall it was fine and provided me with the opportunity to get a bit of sun and relax. The staff at the pool are helpful and all customers are given towels and cold water. Also the bar staff are available to bring you anything you want.
I only tried the lobby restaurant/bar as all the days I was out and the service quality was very good. In addition to that on a daily basis in my room I had fresh fruits and chocolates which was great after a long day.
The hotel location is very good and is on top of the Pacific Place shopping mall (only need to take the lift) Also the MTR station is not far if you go through the Pacific Place neither is the Peak tram if you have time for some local attractions.
The checkout was also efficient and quick and the staff were quick to take my bags and arrange a taxi for me while I was sorting that out.
Overall I would say the hotel was very good with nothing to fault it with. The reason I am not giving it full marks is because it did not have the wow factor (maybe is unfair as I was in one the week before) but definitely next time I am in HK will be using it again

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business