“Ok...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
MN
“Ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

For 300 USD a nite I would like to not have to crawl under the bedside tables to get at an electrical outlet to plug my phone in, especially when one is upgraded to a suite!

Also, I sure would like to have my room stay cool enough to be able to use the bedding vs sleeping on top of it during the night...

If it wasn't for these things, I may have looked past the other things hat didn't seem very upscale to me during my two nites here last week.

To start, I arrived at around 8pm and my room was not ready, so they parked me in the executive lounge and an hour later after having to ask, my room was finally ready.

I was upgraded via hhonors to a two room suite, with a full view of the Shangri La hotel and a nice partial view of the harbor from the living room, which had a small bathroom and two sofas, work desk that had plenty of outlets, some welcome tea and a bunch of chocolates in a fancy little cabinet. It also had a large flat screen tv and sound system, which was nice.

Moving toward the bedroom, the main bath was large, with tv, shower, tub, and separate toilet room. Large double sink, but was by myself, so no big deal.

In the bedroom. It had a nice large window with a view of the Hong Kong hillside and up toward Victoria peak. TV was off to the side and awkward to watch from the bed, which was on the hard side, but ok. And I already mentioned that there were not any bedside outlets open without crawling and moving stuff... All they'd need to do is add a plug strip like the Hampton Inns do on their bed stands...for a business hotel, they do lack in his department for sure but was happy with internet speed and even linked up online to watch some NFL games ok too.

I never went back to the exec lounge during my stay, but did use the restaurant for breakfast the first day which was overrun by some rude tourists that were not westerners... Food was nothing special and actually really wasn't that good tasting to me and I stuck to the basics for breakfast, so I didn't go back the next day.

Location is just ok, you need to navigate a bit thru the mall and skyways to get yo the MTR Admirality stop, which wasn't bad and that's where I found the nearest 7/11 too. It was my first stay on the island side, and I am not sure I liked it, but at least I got my hhonor points!

Anyway, if the rate is ok, I'd stay again to get my points. I probably need to do a little more research on what's around there too, and just need to get a better feel for that areas attractions and features as I do have now with Kowloon side...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank idontlikechina
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank for your taking time to share your feedback with us. Your comments on our Executive Lounge and room features are highly appreciated and we will seek ways to optimize in these areas. Should your travel plans bring you back to Hong Kong, please feel free to meet with our concierge team to explore exciting attractions around us. We wish to welcome you again soon to experience the luxury of being yourself.

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

This hotel is in a great location as in the lobby, there is a huge mall with lots of shops and restaurants that you really never have to leave the compound. There are also lots of high-end luxury shops. The rooms are great given that you're in Asia. You have fresh fruit in your room daily which is a nice touch and turndown service. The service is great as you are well catered to. The hotel is beautiful and will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Sterlin29

Thank you for your comments towards Conrad Hong Kong. We are grateful that you have enjoyed our location that offers easy access to all major shopping and tourist spots as well as the well-appointed guest room. We hope you will stay with us again soon to experience the smart luxury at its finest!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

big rooms, good locations, nice lobby , good service , you can relax in this hotel , and it's worth every penny. this is my first Conrad hotel to stay in but not the last. when I were there I divided the days in 2 hotels, but that one beat the other hotel , and I wish I stayed in Conrad for the whole days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear AlMaha A

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family. We hope to see you again soon.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Conrad the last 4 times we've visited Hong Kong and are always impressed by the upkeep and customer service. This last one, to celebrate my daughter's and Dad's birthday was no different.

From early check-in, buffet breakfast, access to the executive lounge to late check out, they were very accommodating and made our overall trip all the more memorable. The location just above the Pacific Place mall and Admiralty MTR makes it all the more convenient.

We plan to continue staying here when we visit Hong Kong for years to come.

Room Tip: We love the Peak view rooms as they're so serene, especially for families, away from the hustle...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chugamos13

Heartfelt thanks for your continuous support towards Conrad Hong Kong. I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed the flawless and exceptional service by our enthusiastic team members. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to enjoy the luxury of being yourself with us.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Nice welcome teddy bears on beds - only the beds were too high!! & rubber duckie at bathtub :) Good wifi & 2 TVs - very convenient. Had foldable luggage desk for unpacking/packing - very handy. We had a room with harbour-view but our view was partially blocked by a huge building - we thought they gave us the wrong room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank Angelia Geok Hu... T
Dear Angelia

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at Conrad Hong Kong, and we are delighted that you like our hotel “ambassador” – Conrad Bear! I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience the smart luxury at its finest!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

The stay was very good and in line with our high expectations.

The hotel is located above pacific place shopping mall which can be very easily reached through the hotel elevator which is great when travelling with kids and stroller. Its also within walking distance to Wan Chai and Central so we were able to get to where we wanted without too much trouble.

The front desk were extremely professional and helpful with our requests including arranging last minute babysitting. However, I was surprised about the very long waiting time for check in. After a long flight with children waiting in line, actually not so much a line but a pushing crowd, is not ideal. At this hotel level I was not expecting this.

The pool area is very nice. Surrounded by skyscrapers gives it the perfect Hong Kong feeling.

Great breakfast with plenty of choices even for children.

The rooms are ok but part of the interior is in need of upgrading. Carpets and some of the furniture should have been replaced a while back.

Oh, and also, internet... anything but free is just ridiculous.

Room Tip: Twin beds are not large enough to sleep 2 people.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gwei10
Dear Gwei10

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our location that offers easy access to all major shopping and tourist spots . We are constantly working to improve our hotel offerings and your comments will help us improve in these areas. Thank you again and we wish to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Getting there - super easy, airport express to subway and then a short walk through the mall. A simple taxi as well, though I generally avoid taxis at the airport unless I know the area.
Staff - these guys were great, very attentive and knew how to ensure all travelers received their expected level of service.
Bed - almost as comfortable as Westin heavenly bed.
Breakfast - the spread was amazing with a delicious variety including eggs Benedict, fresh strawberries, cappuccino, etc. With that said, if you're not a big eater, for the price tag of $40pp, Starbucks for a cafe and croissant would have been better for me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 1977Mickey

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. Glad to learn that our service was able to meet your expectation and you have enjoyed the prime location in the city's most established business district. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay. We wish to welcome you in the soonest future.