“Lgbt shocker”

Ranked #21 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Frederick, Maryland
“Lgbt shocker”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Conrad. My partner is here for business and I tagged along. We have traveled all over the world and are familiar with "the look" we usually get upon check in when two women traveling together request one bed. Shockingly the pleasant woman who checked us in at the executive desk did not flinch. She smiled and went forward with our check in as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening. What a refreshing attitude from this hotel.

On a general level this hotel is superb. The level of service is unmatched at any hilton property where I have had the pleasure to stay. As diamond hilton members we are usually fairly well accommodated but the service here rivals all.

Our king corner suite has the most breathtaking views of the harbor and the mountains. As I open the curtains each morning I am in awe of this amazing city.

Due to my partners busy work schedule we have had to order dinner from room service twice and the options and flavors are outstanding. Try the green curry chicken! Also it was not as expensive as you might think.

As we begin our 4th of a 6 night stay I had to put my review down for all to see.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sjay1230
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Middleham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel has to meet the challenges of both Westyern and Chinese guests - and manages to do both very effectively. The Chinese want 'bling', great service and kudos. The Westerners want quiet, great service and no hassle. This hotel achieves all that anyone can ask of it.

I hear that the dinner buffet has been famous for years. It is a deserved fame! There is an additional barbecue at weekends, so that I did not become bored eating there 4 different nights of my stay (and one lunch). To sit with my silver tankard of beer and 2 lobsters on the plate in the open air watching the lights on the skyscrapers was a magical experience (not a cheap one, I must point out!) - and that was before I had the ain course......

Nothing bad,nothing wrong. a few feet from the British Consulate if you have business there, at a good point on the edge of the CBD, with easy access for our seminar attendees. Seminar management was done so well I didnt even notice the service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

London
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Good location, and nice rooms. However: even if you are staying in the hotel, you might not get a table for lunch, and you don't get an apology if they mess up with anything you ask them to do. That's because at this hotel they don't really care about you. I would no longer rate this hotel as one of the premium hotels in HK. If it has a dedicated, loyal, following then I am not part of it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We promise our guests a world of style, service and connection, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The room I've stayed was located on one of the top executive levels.
I will always remember morning when I woke up there, opened curtains on the huge panoramic window and look across the valley at the Hong Kong hills. The view was so breathtaking that one thought came straight to my mind "I'm standing at the top of the world!"
Other than that it is a luxury hotel and provides everything that is expected.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 12, 2014

Dime Box, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I travelled to HK for our 20th wedding anniversary, and booked a harbor view king. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite (4426) with views of both the harbor and the mountains. Our plane was very late, and it was after midnight when we arrived. The room had a chilled bottle of French Champagne, a beautiful tropical floral arrangement, a chest of chocolates and fresh fruit, both of which were replenished daily. We're Hilton diamond members, but this was above and beyond--and appreciated!

As so many have mentioned, the executive lounge staff is amazing, and we found everyone to be friendly and personable, including the front desk staff. The location on top of the train station, and the umbrella in the room kept us dry during our wet weekend. Hong Kong and it's amazing train system rival Switzerland, and the location of the Conrad can't be beat. It's pricy, but for a special occasion, utterly worth it.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite, you'll have panoramic views of everything.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Whilst being very nice, the HK Conrad, in my opinion has somewhat of a cold atmosphere about it. It is difficult to explain but as a guest, I felt that the Hotel runs more through the motions in simply getting people in and out, similar to the Conrad in Singapore, than making sure their guests feel welcome. Perhaps they are just totally focussed on the business traveller, which I was not during this stay; purely vacation. Other similar properties (Conrad Bali, Bangkok and Macau) display greater ‘warmth’ towards their guests which in turn makes ones experience as a guest far more pleasant (not that my stay was not pleasant – it was). Personally, I believe it is more important that a Hotel shows warmth to all guest and one may argue that as a business traveller it is more important as by definition, the business traveller is away from home. The exception was the Executive Lounge staff; all very friendly, attentive and personable – very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelEverwhere
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work for yourself.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is the 1st time for me as I usually stay at the Hyatt and Grand Hyatt chains.

The hotel is located right on top of a very nice shopping centre - mostly for locals and expats in Hong Kong. It's right in the tourist area or within easy reach.

The hotel is not new but everything is still excellent. Some others have commented about the age but I actually do not like the "newer" hotel designs as some of them are so plain - even the 5* - they actually look like the Ikea showroom.

The rooms are large for HK standard. The bathroom is really the only place you can tell the age of the hotel as it is lined with marbles and gold coloured faucets. But I felt that this is a nice touch as it feels a little warmer than the black, grey and white of some of the more modernized rooms in other hotels.

The bed was excellent and comfortable. After a few days of busy work and walking, it is refreshing to go back to the room and just relax.

The front desk was very helpful and very quick. The concierge services were excellent.

The "bad" things about it
- internet should be complimentary nowadays

Room Tip: No complimentary internet. If coming from the airport, take the MTR Express to Hong Kong station and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business