“A great hotel with excellent service in a good location”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #20 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it is consistently good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable. Location is convenient for business and leisure.
I would recommend booking an executive room with lounge access.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I flew Cathay Pacific Business Class NY to HK (16 hour flight which was great)!
Short line @ Customs/Immigration, 2 minute wait to get my luggage, purchased a roundtrip ticket for the Airport Express Train (which is @ 100 yard walk once you leave baggage claim area). I waited @ 5 min for the train and it was really nice, clean, comfortable and @ 25 min ride to Hong Kong Station which is the last stop. I then hopped into a waiting taxi for a 4 min ride to Conrad Hong Kong; the fair was @ 25hkd which is @ 3-4usd. They also have a free bus from the train station, but I wanted to get to the hotel. Also, I'm only in HK for 15 hours (layover otw to Thailand). Yes, the Conrad is expensive, but I wanted a nice, safe, clean hotel which I got. Oh, upon arrival everything was ready for me and I was upgraded to the Executive Level/Lounge! My bags were taken to my room while I had a cold drink in the Exec Lounge. I have a Harbor View which is lovely. In my room I had a letter from the GM and a nice assortment of fruit, chocolates & water along with all toiletries needed. Due to jet lag, I was up @ 4am so it was nice to have a coffee, tea and espresso maker right in the room and it was good! The bathroom was excellent with a separate tup and nice shower with hot and powerful water and soft towels!
Also, they have a decent workout room (24 hours) and a nice outdoor pool. They is also a large mall in the basement of the hotel is lots of restaurant choices, starbucks and high end stores!
Bottom line folks…..this is a 5 star asian hotel…..you get what you pay for! If you can afford it, stay here!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Hong Kong Harbor is great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Yates26
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Conrad Hong Kong is like that slightly scuffed paif of good, sturdy shoes for the office - not quite as new and polished as some, but still a reliable bet.

For those unfamiliar with Hong Kong, the Conrad is part of the Pacific Place development in Admiralty, on Hong Kong Island. Pacific Place includes a clutch of high-end hotels, as well as a luxury shopping mall. The complex is about a 15-minute walk or a short MTR ride to the Central retail and business hub, and the nearby Lan Kwai Fong dining and entertainment neighborhood.

The Conrad is a high-rise, with about 20 rooms per floor. I got a discounted rate, and stayed in the most basic room category, with a city view; if you're in the front of the hotel, there's a decent view of the harbor. The Conrad caters to business travelers, and (at least on the weekends), there are also a large number of Mainland visitors taking advantage of the adjacent shopping complex.

Rooms have quiet, traditional decor with a whiff of "colonial" style. Although Hong Kong hotels tend to be on the small side, the Conrad's rooms are fairly large. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine, and all of the typical amenities were available. Breakfast was good, although the crowded dining room can really feel hectic.

Service is brisk and efficient. The only shortfall came at the concierge desk, where I asked for a restaurant recommendation in a particular neighborhood and price range. The concierge had only one suggestion - a place that even I, an infrequent Hong Kong visitor, recognized as an overpriced tourist trap - and then added that he'd be happy to help me reserve a table at any restaurant I found myself. The concierge wasn't a major problem, but you'd normally expect a bit more in this category.

Over the past decade, Hong Kong has seen a surge in visitor numbers, and hotel construction hasn't necessarily kept pace. It's harder and harder to get a deal. Even though I enjoyed a decent corporate rate, I didn't appreciate extra fees for WiFi and internet access, or the fact that the room came with only one breakfast, even though I was staying with a friend. Not every hotel "nickels and dimes" to quite the same extent, even for the cheap rooms.

That said, it's hard to fault the Conrad on any of the basics, and the hotel delivered a reassuring, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Last time I was in the Conrad in HK was some years ago and I was looking forward to returning. I was nor disappointed: this is still a great hotel. Rooms are nicely decorated with outstanding views, and so comfortable. Bathroom and amenities are top. Executive lounge is cosy and relaxing, and serves very good nibbles and drinks. As expected, service is excellent. Very convenient location on Pacific Place and easy access to the MTR.

Room Tip: 59th floor where executive lounge is also located has such an amazing view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvie S
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is one of the best business hotels I have been to. Top class amenities, friendly staff and great location with amazing views. In addition, the room was spacious, with good layout. The food was excellent as well. Slightly expensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed there for the second time to attend business meetings. This is a wonderful hotel with excellent service and well situated. The rooms are very well appointed and quiet and the restaurants offer top quality food. The nearby shopping centre is also very useful. Would stay there again. Gandkfromoz

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GandKfromOz
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I absolutely enjoyed our stay in the Hong Kong Conrad. This was our first stay at a Conrad and had high expectations, and they delivered. We were bowled over by their excellent service and attention to detail. We were lucky enough to stay on one of the executive floors with a lovely view. The rooms were luxurious and I absolutely loved the bathrooms.

It was also unique in that, this was the first hotel we stayed at that actually had a shopping mall, (specialty) grocery store and a subway station, all in one building. Of course, it is on a really large scale, so a lot of walking in involved, even getting around within the building.
They have a convenient shuttle service that will pick you up from the airport.

The breakfast buffet was a really big spread and the dining room itself is lovely, with large windows and lots of natural light. For us, the Conrad lived up to our expectations and would love to repeat the experience in if we get a chance.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that faced the water/Kowloon side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple