“Well Done”

Ranked #22 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Chicago, Illinois
“Well Done”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at the Conrad - Hong Kong in early September. Couple of days after a business trip to China. Welcome retreat in a world class city. It was nice to get back to a Hotel that works very hard to make you stay relaxing, well appointed and attentive to detail. No blemishes here, all good in all categories.

Room Tip: A bay view from the Conrad is enough to make any US big city jealous. Seems they take much better c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let my team members know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in the hotel and got a peak view room. The duration of my stay was from 11th of August to 14th of August. The room was nice and the view was great. The room service was fantastic and fast as compared to any other hotel. I especially like to give kudos to the concierge service which was well informed and friendly. Even the bell boys were very friendly especially the one who serves in the evening.

But all the positive experience was overshadowed by a major disaster from the finance department. I had paid by credit card for the deposit while checking in, and the deposited got exhausted by the second day. On the third day i suddenly got an sms from my bank that another transaction has happened on my credit card. Like a normal person I panicked called up the bank and came to know that Conrad has charged to my card. On asking the cashier why this charge was done by conrad without seeking my permission or informing me. He said its a hotel policy, now I have stayed in hilton properties before and every where else I was either informed by Hilton before hand or a message slipped under my door stating that I have overshot my limit hence I should come at extend the deposit, on asking for any documentation which states this or any documentation that states I have allowed them to use my card he said there is none and said I can take it up to the upper management if I wished. Obviously the duty manager was no where to be seen around to complain.

I believe in any other country it would be labeled as fraud to use someones credit card like this....even more worrying is that it comes from a brand like conrad

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I have shared your comments with the concerned departments to ensure that this issue is appropriately addressed and will not happen again. Your feedback will definitely help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. I hope you will give us a second chance to serve you next time when you are in our area.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at the Conrad while on business and was pleasantly surprised with the level of service and quality of rooms. The hotel is very conveniently located from the offices, shopping malls and public transport. Overall, a good hotel for business and leisure travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your stay, and I hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service was fantastic, a good balance of friendliness and professional service; not stepping over the line. The breakfast buffet was varied and best quality. The challenge is choosing what to eat for the day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to extending our smart luxury hospitality to your future stays!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of patronizing. The front desk personnel were very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate any request; and the restaurant for breakfast was amazing. Great location and easy to walk to many attractions, the harbor ferries, restaurants, etc. We stayed for four nights and enjoyed the city from our hotel base.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reglob9
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. Your compliments are the best prize and motivation to us. Thank you for your stay, and I hope to see you again soon.

Washington, DC
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights at the Conrad in Hong Kong while visiting friends. I was impressed by its classy appearance and comfortable rooms.

The rooms are quite large by big city standards. The bed was comfortable, and the Conrad provided for a choice of pillows via a "pillow menu." The bathroom was equally huge, with a shower stall, a bathtub and a separate toilet area. Water pressure for the shower was very nice. Areas that could use improving include the number of electrical outlets. Other than a few in the desk area, outlets are sparse in the room. Also, the lighting controls for the room were not obvious. They are on the side of one of the night stands by the bed.

The location of the Conrad is quite convenient. It is attached to the Pacific Place Mall, which provides convenient access to the MTR's Admiralty station. It is also a 15 to 20-minute walk to Central and Lan Kwai Fong / SoHo. If you are coming into town by the Airport Express train, there is a free shuttle bus that will take you here from Hong Kong station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear our signature service, the pillow menu, enabled you a comfort stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love this hotel. We stayed there for a few nights during chinese new year. Their service is just amazing, they were suppose to deliver our luggages much earlier and somehow there was a delay of 3 hours. Thereafter, we requested for extra towels, it came together with our luggages with a tiny little cutie conrad bear, to apologizel how sweet!

The concierge were really helpful with direction and advising the best way of getting around places in Hong Kong,

We had an amazing mountain view, breathtaking indeed. There is a coffee machine in the room and we enjoyed it very much.
I love their aromatherapy toiletries, the big size room (knowing HK well, right?!) space is indeed a luxury!

The MTR is absolutely convenient. We will just need to walk through the mall and right down to the MTR station! What is taxi again?

We will definitely return for the convenience and the service. All worth it to pay that money!!!

And not to forget the bed is. Just sooooo comfortable. I can stay in the bed all day long and watch tv!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your sharing of stay your pleasant stay in Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you had a good time with our Conrad bear's companion. We look forward to your return soon!