3,741 results
All reviewspacific placethe executive loungegarden cafeteddy bearsrubber duckpacific malldiamond memberpeak viewadmiralty mtr stationpeak tramturn down serviceseparate showerharbour viewdirect accessbit datedan excellent hotelbusiness trip
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The view of the city and harbor from the upper floors is amazing! We had connecting rooms which were well-appointed and very comfortable - great attention to details. The staff was terrific, and because of construction on some of the upper floors (which did not impact our stay in the slightest), provided us with complimentary cocktails AND breakfast, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed. The location is perfect, adjacent to the lovely Hong Kong Park and a quick walk to the Peak tram. I would love to stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let my team members know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. And I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Conrad Hong Kong offers a luxurious atmosphere for travellers whether they are staying due to business or for leisure. The hotel is in an excellent location and provides a good spa/fitness area. All the staff I had the pleasure to meet were attentive and assisted me to my fullest satisfaction. The welcome was warm and made me feel at home as soon as I arrived

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your stay, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in. The staff was friendly and professional and the rooms are in great shape. The Executive lounge was under construction while we were there and I was concerned because some of the other reviews were not very positive but it was not an issue for us. In fact, it was nice to be able to use the same lounge amenities in the main lobby. The breakfast was wonderful and cocktail hour is always a bonus. The only thing that could be better is the pool/gym location. Both are nice but the gym is underground without a view and the pool is on the 4th floor so not much of a view either. All in all, we would stay here again for sure as it is very close to the center of Hong Kong but also feels a little further out as it is right next to a park (great for kids or adults).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Everyone knows that hotels in hk are expensive - but I guess when you are paying $500 / night you do expect breakfast to be included! Not only was breakfast not included in the standard room rate but it was $45/ head! ive stayed in lots of 5 star resorts but thats one of the most expensive breakfasts ive ever heard of? we went with only one of our children so we booked one room and a pull out bed for our 10 year old but when we saw the room we realized we couldn't fit as not only was there just enough room for the fold away bed but the main bed was a only a double making it too small for my husband and I. We upgraded to the club lounge, yes it was more money but breakfast was included and while I can't understand how they could charge $45 a head for it, we did enjoy the breakfast. the buffet selection was excellent with asian, western and healthy options - there was a fab choice. The club lounge room was slightly bigger, the bed was a queen and once we forgot the cost, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The fact the Conrad hotel is attached to pacific place means not only do you have dining options but a train under the hotel and some excellent shopping! As long as you are happy to pay, the Conrad worked well and the service was excellent

• Stayed: July 2013
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. We appreciate your honest feedback about our facilities and services. We take feedback from our guests very seriously, and perceived value is an area of our hotel that we are actively examining. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I began staying here due to a good corporate rate and then because colleagues were high end HH members, providing 59th floor lounge access - and the Conrad has now become my default stay in HK.

Maybe not as upmarket as the Mandarin, Shangri-La or Four Seasons, but I think the sensible choice amongst the non-designer/boutique hotels on the island, for quality with service. I have stayed here regularly (every month or so) for the last two years and am always impressed at the low rate of staff turnover, either in the lobby, or in F&B, or in housekeeping, which must mean that they are doing something right.

I know it costs more (or you are a high end HH member and get access anyway), but the staff and service in the exec lounge are exceptionally good, especially if you are a frequent guest, which provides some compensation for the lack of a true business centre. The lounge refurb should be finished soon I think and they do occasionally offer good upgrade lounge deals, so take it if you are offered a good price.

Yes, the wifi charges are a pain, but high room service costs for items like sushi, beer and wine can be offset by heading a few minutes walk down to Great in the LG level of PP (below Harvey Nichols), where you can buy all you need for a lot less than the hotel charges. Also, note that an even shorter walk to the Petit Cafe next to the PP 2 taxi rank, brings you much better coffee than the hotel provides and a much cheaper breakfast (closes at 9.30pm, however).

Aside from the lack of a true business centre, only other main issue is the absence of cabs at key times (partially as the Shangri La is ahead of the Conrad on the road); can be resolved by either going to the PP2 taxi rank, or walking, or taking the MTR. In the morning a taxi ride to IFC, for example, going around the front, not Queens Road, should take max 10 mins, and often less, so location not a real issue.

No real issues with the rooms and I like the Peak views at least as much as the Harbour views.

Overall, the Conrad offers solid value, in a quality, traditional hotel set-up, with great staff; highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors get you above surrounding buildings, which sounds simple, but that area has quite a few tall offices and condos, even on the Peak side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments about Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to extending our smart luxury to your future stays!