“Terrific stay, butler staff outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #22 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Adelaide, Australia
“Terrific stay, butler staff outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our four night stay at Conrad Hong Kong was a terrific experience. We arrived late from Australia with a hotel car transferring us to the hotel for a very swift check-in. An HHonors Diamond member, I was pleased to be upgraded to a Peak View Suite which has been soft refurbed and offers great views and space. The Executive Lounge (in fact the whole 59th floor) is closed until August for refurbishment so instead the Executive Lounge has commandeered an area of the Lobby Lounge with the butler team serving breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapés in this space. And this is where the Conrad Hong Kong excels. The service from Head Butler Ken and the rest of the team was the best we have received anywhere in the world. My pregnant wife was superbly cared for, particularly around her food needs given her pregnancy. We came away on holiday to have a rest before the birth of our second child due late October. And we got that and more. The Conrad is not the newest hotel in Hong Kong with the most modern fit-out. But the location is terrific and in our experience the service flawless. We look forward to returning in the future with our children and promise not to torment others looking for a "grown-up" space! I would recommend the Conrad to anyone visiting Hong Kong.

Room Tip: The Peak View Suites are a wonderful room, offering substantial space and great views. Furthest you...
1 Thank clarmich
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Conrad Hong Kong. I will share your compliments to Ken and his team members. Trust they are more than happy to welcome you soon!

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Upgraded to harbor view room from a hillview room due to faulty toilet that wont flush. The difference is dramatic. Rooms looked a bit tired but well maintained. Bed was very comfortable. Staff always friendly and helpful. Breakfast was above average.

But my best experience was at the Chinese restaurant.The dinner set was fantastic. Top quality and well crafted. Even the simple Chinese cookie that accompanies my dessert (hand grind sweet Almond tea) was delicious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our Chinese restaurant team members know they contributed to your wonderful experience. Meanwhile, we will continuously maintain and improve the quality of our rooms. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel I would say definitely needs a facelift and yes! They are working on it!.I am a Gold member of the Hilton Honors program and I got a complimentary upgrade to the executive level. Well, I can tell you I have never been happier to be a gold member. I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and Embassy Suites all over but not at any of the Conrad hotels so, this was a definitely an experience for me. I was treated like royalty. Being a a Gold member and a Diamond member definitely has its perk! My room was on the 58th floor and boy! I could see all of Hong Kong from that level. Exquisite view of the Victoria harbor and unlimited free bottles of water and fresh fruits and yes! Chocolates in the room. If you like shopping, this hotel is great because the lobby is adjacent to a mall. There are bunch of places to shop. However, I was not really impress with their breakfast selections. For a hotel that size and that grand, I would have love more choices on the breakfast buffet. If you are planning to stay here, it's only about 35 to 45 minutes by taxi from the airport. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for luxury vacation and a top notch service and amenities. Absolutely worth your bucks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong. I have shared your feedback with our culinary team in order to help us continue to improve our food and beverage offerings in the future. I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

For some very fortunate individuals, the Conrad is the norm. For me, this was a once in a lifetime experience which was highlighted because I'm a Hilton Honors member. By far, this exceeded ANY hotel I've stayed in NYC, Paris, Dubai, Vegas and Los Angeles.

First--get the suite if you can afford it. Like NYC, Hong Kong real estate is a premium and the fact that the rooms are large with the adjoining living room makes you feel like a king.

Secondly, I've never had such personalized, white glove treatment from the minute I checked in. Instead of standing at the check in desk, I sat down with the concierge while enjoying a drink of my choice. Then, after registration, the concierge personally walked me to the room, showing me the amenities of the room and the hotel.

Third, you can't go wrong when they replace your fresh fruit and chocolates EVERY DAY--and give you as many bottled waters you want. After all, it's humid in Hong Kong.

Finally, the location is awesome-- the bottom floor opens up to a luxury mall with a Harvey Nicks as well as every European label you want. Because of this, one can easily walk to the MRT stop w/o going outside...so you can avoid the humidity and the rain.

While I wish the sauna and steamroom was open 24 hours and I did get bored of the breakfast options (while there are many, they don't change it) and I adored the tradition of High Tea, the Conrad made three humid, rainy days in Hong Kong extremely enjoyable.

So, if you can afford this hotel, you will remember it for a lifetime!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the harbor, on the highest floor, if you can't get a suite.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Conrad Hong Kong. I will share your compliments and feedbacks to my team members. We will definitely provide you a wonderful experience for your future stays with us. We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Conrad numerous times over the years. Disappointing this trip. Executive lounge closed - not informed at time of booking. Quests permitted to use ground floor lobby but terrible service. My non-smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke. Bar fridge was faulty and water spilling on to floor. Had to strongly argue for a room change. I am a Diamond Hilton Hhonors member and the whole experience has left me very disappointed. Massive decease in quality since my last stay. I would investigate other option in Pacific Place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank OzTD
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your stay. We have shared your experiences with the concerned departments to ensure that these issues are appropriately addressed. We expect the Executive Lounge enhancement project to be completed by end of August and hope you will give us a second chance to serve you next time when you are in our area.

Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

To the point service (not over service) and very good staff attitude. While the location is not in the middle of town, the hotel is located to large shopping center which will enable to satisfy the shopping needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Conrad Hong Kong. We promise our guests a world of style, service and connection, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I hope you will stay with us soon in the future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a return from a European holiday. The service was as expected, if slightly over the top, but this was what we were looking for. The rooms look a bit dated, so maybe it s time for a refresh ...especially as the room we had on a "non-smoking" floor had a distinct smokey odour. As another reviewer noted, the club floor is getting a makeover, but the same services are provided in the lobby area.

It was 30C and raining non stop during our time here so we were a bit limited in locations to walk to, but Hong Kong Park with its cool aviary is right next door...we dodged the showers.

The hotel doesn't really advertise it, for example the sign in the elevator calls is a "shopping centre" , but the Pacific Place shopping mall is right at level 3, and has all the high end shopping your wallet can stand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. We appreciate your honest feedback about our guest rooms and the sign to the shopping mall. We take feedback from our guests very seriously, and guest room appearance is an area of our hotel that we are actively examining. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.