“Outstanding in Asia”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #24 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visit The Conrad about this time every year in business. It's a grand hotel that harkens back to another time. The breakfast Buffett is very good. Service is excellent. Centrally to everything in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,481)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Conrad is situated in the heart of the business and financial district in Hong Kong and so it is no surprise that it is geared more towards business clients than tourists; that being said we were not treated badly but it was obvious that the perception is that if you are in the hotel as a tourist you must have used Hilton Honors points for your stay and not paid with your own hard earned cash. We stayed 4 nights in total, and although we are HH Diamond members we DID pay for our stay. Our room was clean, spacious with stunning views across the harbour, the only downside was the unpleasant "sulphur' smell in the toilet, we noticed this in various public toilets so presumed it must be a problem peculiar to Hong Kong.
As mentioned in various other reviews of this hotel the Executive Lounge is small for its demographic, at busy times you do have to wait for a table, although to be fair not for long. The food and drink on offer is of a very good quality.
Special mention should go to Ken in the Executive Lounge who is an example of excellence in good customer service, he is warm, welcoming, friendly yet professional in everything he does, one or two of the more uptight members of staff in the Lounge could look and learn from his example!
Overall a good example of what Hilton does best, a good quality business hotel; however it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that sometimes tourists in a business hotel are not on a "freebie"!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DerbyshireGee
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Being a Hyatt diamond member, we have enjoyed numerous perks and recognition but we did not expect too much for being a Hilton Gold. Yet, we were pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel paid for by points! First and foremost, when we arrived at the reception and told them we were gold members, we were immediately whisked up to the club lounge to check in.

Check-in: While I was checking in, my husband enjoyed a drink and my hungry little girl had a bowl of cereal. :) We were then upgraded (with late checkout) but I don't remember what kind of room but we definitely had access to the club lounge evening drinks and snacks. There was also complimentary breakfast and upon request, they kindly obliged and allowed us to have breakfast in-room because we were traveling with our 4 year old. For this especially, we were really grateful for their flexibility because we understand that this wasn't the norm and gave us more incentive to re-visit over and over again.

Room: It was huge for HK standard. We had a King bed with a fabulous view of the mountain and partial view of the sea. Bathroom was gigantic for HK hotels though I did think it was a tad smaller than the Conrad Centennial Singapore. :) It had a tub and separate shower with tv in the bathroom. There was the usual Conrad duck that my daughter loved and we asked for the conrad teddy bear too!

Food: We tried the in-room breakfast which was great. Nothing outstanding but the standard for a 5 star hotel was there. We ordered 2 mains (American and Japanese) and waffles with coffee etc..,Food was brought up with a smile and we were told there was no check to be signed and to enjoy! Ahhh...Evening snacks at the lounge was so-so. It could be better compared to the Grand Hyatt HK. Ambience was nice but small and again, it was nothing to shout about. It was quite packed when we got there and we were moved to the meeting room next to the lounge. It was strange to be eating at a huge meeting room desk but there was an easel with paper and we asked for pens and my daughter was very entertained, so it turned out well.

Service: Overall, we received excellent service throughout our one night stay.

Surroundings: It is connected to a really nice mall. There is a grocery store right at the basement. Watsons, the drugstore and a couple of book/toy stores. Also, plenty of restaurants for different cuisines and stores upon stores for shopaholics.

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Conrad is an excellent business hotel. But in a city of some special five star hotels, the Conrad is a step below the top ones. In almost any other city, I would have rated the property as "excellent", but in Hong Kong, it gets a "very good".

The Pros:
- The room pleasantly surprised me. I had feared that the room would be rather plain and tired. The room was not tired at all, though it was certainly furnished very classically. The requisite Asian hotel bedside gadgets were present, though not as comprehensive as some other properties. The spacious bathroom had a television as well a very large tub.
- The concierges were excellent, and I never had to wait to get their assistance.
- The location is excellent; part of the Pacific Place complex, within easy walking distance of central or LKF or Wanchai.
- I was on the fifty-something floor. Thought the harbor view was somewhat distant and semi- obstructed, it was still pretty spectacular.

The cons:
- This is primarily a business hotel (well, what isn't in Hong Kong?). But when I am paying $500/night for a luxury experience, I don't like walking into the lobby and/or bar, and having it taken over by business functions.
- The elevators are not sufficient. In five days, I literally did not ride the elevator from the lobby to my floor once without waiting and/ or making several stops along the way. This felt like a busy Hilton, not a five star Conrad....
- I love good air conditioning. Most of Hong Kong is over-air-conditioned, which I love. Though the a/c in the room was barely sufficient for me, it fell slightly short. The system felt old, and the controls were not well designed.
- This is a large, very nice hotel focused on business; there was no "special" feeling here.
- The service, though very good, was not up to the extraordinary service I have had at other Hong Kong properties.

Regarding the other Pacific Place hotels, The Island Shangri La is preferable into The Conrad; however, the Marriott does not come close to either hotel (unless you are staying at Upper House). If you are a Hilton Honors member or are using points, The Conrad is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank fishskis
Reviewed October 28, 2012

stayed in this hotel in Sept for a quick two days business trip, hotel located in central area of HK and wonderful.. hotel on top of shopping mall and it was very easy for me to shop and find other food, the salad bar in the mall was good.. the hotel restaurant also good but expensive.. room was good and nice.. the location close to my supplier office so good.. will come back again when in HK, good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a magnificent hotel, with wonderful staff. We stayed in the top floor club room, with access to the club facilities. The room and view are amazing, and the staff fantastic. I very much enjoyed the club floor. The sport facilities and swimming pool are excellent. The Conrad is very well sited being on a upscale mall, and close to all the island destination and transport. This is pretty much the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sugardoc1
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed her one night to try it out before staying longer and we are glad we did, check in was so long and painful after a long flight, we booked online and included breakfast. the next day went to get breakfast and its not included showed the printed booking confirmation and was told it was wrong...... not impressed and frought it and got breakfest. the rooms where nice but not worth the price payed, public transport not the best and worst of all left stuff in the room when got back to Australia to get it sent back to me I would pay and no it has gone missing... not what i expected from the conrad!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple