The Conrad is an excellent business hotel. But in a city of some special five star hotels, the Conrad is a step below the top ones. In almost any other city, I would have rated the property as "excellent", but in Hong Kong, it gets a "very good".
- The room pleasantly surprised me. I had feared that the room would be rather plain and tired. The room was not tired at all, though it was certainly furnished very classically. The requisite Asian hotel bedside gadgets were present, though not as comprehensive as some other properties. The spacious bathroom had a television as well a very large tub.
- The concierges were excellent, and I never had to wait to get their assistance.
- The location is excellent; part of the Pacific Place complex, within easy walking distance of central or LKF or Wanchai.
- I was on the fifty-something floor. Thought the harbor view was somewhat distant and semi- obstructed, it was still pretty spectacular.
- This is primarily a business hotel (well, what isn't in Hong Kong?). But when I am paying $500/night for a luxury experience, I don't like walking into the lobby and/or bar, and having it taken over by business functions.
- The elevators are not sufficient. In five days, I literally did not ride the elevator from the lobby to my floor once without waiting and/ or making several stops along the way. This felt like a busy Hilton, not a five star Conrad....
- I love good air conditioning. Most of Hong Kong is over-air-conditioned, which I love. Though the a/c in the room was barely sufficient for me, it fell slightly short. The system felt old, and the controls were not well designed.
- This is a large, very nice hotel focused on business; there was no "special" feeling here.
- The service, though very good, was not up to the extraordinary service I have had at other Hong Kong properties.
Regarding the other Pacific Place hotels, The Island Shangri La is preferable into The Conrad; however, the Marriott does not come close to either hotel (unless you are staying at Upper House). If you are a Hilton Honors member or are using points, The Conrad is an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city's business district, Conrad Hong Kong offers the luxury base for business and leisure travelers. The hotel features 512 rooms and suites with panoramic views of Victoria Harbour or The Peak, extensive meeting and leisure facilities, heated outdoor swimming pool and award-winning restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Conrad Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Conrad