“Very Good, but not Special”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #21 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Conrad is an excellent business hotel. But in a city of some special five star hotels, the Conrad is a step below the top ones. In almost any other city, I would have rated the property as "excellent", but in Hong Kong, it gets a "very good".

The Pros:
- The room pleasantly surprised me. I had feared that the room would be rather plain and tired. The room was not tired at all, though it was certainly furnished very classically. The requisite Asian hotel bedside gadgets were present, though not as comprehensive as some other properties. The spacious bathroom had a television as well a very large tub.
- The concierges were excellent, and I never had to wait to get their assistance.
- The location is excellent; part of the Pacific Place complex, within easy walking distance of central or LKF or Wanchai.
- I was on the fifty-something floor. Thought the harbor view was somewhat distant and semi- obstructed, it was still pretty spectacular.

The cons:
- This is primarily a business hotel (well, what isn't in Hong Kong?). But when I am paying $500/night for a luxury experience, I don't like walking into the lobby and/or bar, and having it taken over by business functions.
- The elevators are not sufficient. In five days, I literally did not ride the elevator from the lobby to my floor once without waiting and/ or making several stops along the way. This felt like a busy Hilton, not a five star Conrad....
- I love good air conditioning. Most of Hong Kong is over-air-conditioned, which I love. Though the a/c in the room was barely sufficient for me, it fell slightly short. The system felt old, and the controls were not well designed.
- This is a large, very nice hotel focused on business; there was no "special" feeling here.
- The service, though very good, was not up to the extraordinary service I have had at other Hong Kong properties.

Regarding the other Pacific Place hotels, The Island Shangri La is preferable into The Conrad; however, the Marriott does not come close to either hotel (unless you are staying at Upper House). If you are a Hilton Honors member or are using points, The Conrad is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank fishskis
There are newer reviews for Conrad Hong Kong

Reviewed October 28, 2012

stayed in this hotel in Sept for a quick two days business trip, hotel located in central area of HK and wonderful.. hotel on top of shopping mall and it was very easy for me to shop and find other food, the salad bar in the mall was good.. the hotel restaurant also good but expensive.. room was good and nice.. the location close to my supplier office so good.. will come back again when in HK, good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a magnificent hotel, with wonderful staff. We stayed in the top floor club room, with access to the club facilities. The room and view are amazing, and the staff fantastic. I very much enjoyed the club floor. The sport facilities and swimming pool are excellent. The Conrad is very well sited being on a upscale mall, and close to all the island destination and transport. This is pretty much the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sugardoc1
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed her one night to try it out before staying longer and we are glad we did, check in was so long and painful after a long flight, we booked online and included breakfast. the next day went to get breakfast and its not included showed the printed booking confirmation and was told it was wrong...... not impressed and frought it and got breakfest. the rooms where nice but not worth the price payed, public transport not the best and worst of all left stuff in the room when got back to Australia to get it sent back to me I would pay and no it has gone missing... not what i expected from the conrad!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy W
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Was here for a night in July this year during one of my layover for Emirates Final Assessment... Did not venture at all into the hotel saved for the room and lobby...
Checking-in and out was done as a group so it was already pre-arranged... I also did not try the breakfast as like most hotel in HK, they served pork...

Admiralty train station is conveniently located and it is accessible thru an underground tunnel which connects to the Pacific Place Shopping Complex... This shopping complex is also directly connected to the hotel, U just need to take an elevator up which is tucked at the corner of a spa salon... It took me about 10mins from the hotel to walk passed the shopping complex and underground to reach the train station.... The halal tim sum restaurant at Islamic Centre in WanChai Street was about 5-mins by taxi...

Verdict on room: This is definitely a luxurious hotel and the king bed is the best bed I have ever slept on in any hotels worldwide! I did not even want to go out for dinner with my fellow mates as I was getting over comfortable... The washroom is huge with separated sink/dressing area, shower area, bathtub (comes with a cute rubber duckie) and toilet in a total different room... We were assigned a single room each, so it was a total luxury for me... Everything in the room is perfect and spotless... If I could give a 10-star for the room, I would :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KayTiNNi3
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Returning to HK after several years... Conrad's location nestles with JWMarriott and Shangri La with spectacular views. I was upgraded to a high-floor corner suite which allowed me to use the stay to relax and rest. Everything that goes with a 5* premium name was well achieved. Will surely return.

Room Tip: upgrade to the corner suites...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gul1957
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Overall my stay at Conrad was pleasant. In terms of location, it's connected to Pacific Place (Admiralty MTR), and close to key office buildings.
Room was spacious, bathroom (his and her taps, separate room for toilet) was clean, and bed was comfortable.
I have only 1 main grouse - wifi not included in my room rate and it wasn't cheap.

This isn't much life in the neighborhood after a certain hour ie 8 or 9 pm. This is unlike Kowloon and Causeway Bay where streets are always busy well past 11pm and an abundance of local food. As a tourist on a personal trip, I would stay at Causeway Bay over Pacific Place.

• Stayed: October 2012