“Conrad is lovely hotel”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #22 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. Excellent location near to Park Place shopping mall, the Peak tram, Big Bus tour stop #6, MRT (subway). More oriented to business guests. Next time maybe would look into staying nearer to Soho where there's lots of outdoor shopping and TONS of restaurants. As expected, very expensive but where in HK central area is it not pricey?! This was my first trip to HK and hopefully not my last. Loved our trip. Breakfast buffet at hotel good, not spectacular but nice variety. By the 4th day was looking for something different. Staff very helpful and friendly. One evening we had dessert in the lobby lounge area and I had forgotten some shopping parcels at our table. 10 mins after returning to our room the staff called to advise me of my forgotten purchases and sent them to the room. Would stay again, especially if my husband was on business trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmerPole

Reviewed September 21, 2012

First impression of the hotel was, wow! From the outside and inside the hotel is very modern, sleek and clean.

The staff are impressive and could speak several languages.

Location is absolutely fantastic with LKF being a short taxi journey away costing no more than $20 HKD.

I stayed up in the executive floors, pricey at approximately £340 a night, however, you have a beautiful view of the peak and executive lounge access with its stunning views of the famous Hong Kong skyline.

Rooms for Hong Kong is fairly large with a huge bath and quality marble through out. I did like the little simple extras like TV in the bathroom and coffee machine.

Highly recommended! The hotel made our break even sweeter and will be back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were on a 24hr stop over from Dubai going to Vietnam. As a HH gold member we got upgraded to the executive floor and they gave us a harbor facing room. The view was fantastic! i had never been to HK before so didn't really know if the location was good or not. turns out the location is great, its really easy to get around. The room was very good as you would expect from a Conrad and the staff were helpful and attentive. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loveeatingout35
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just stayed at the Conrad for 5 days.

to be clear, this is a first class business hotel and geared towards business travellers. I would not recommend staying here on vacation or with a family.

From a business perspective location is top, in the middle of everything. Service is fast, reliable and friendly. Internet is fast. All good.

Bar is a bit boring at night. But again it is not a party or trendy hotel.

Room size is fine, views are great - both sides. Coffee maker, Ironing, all there.

The draw-back is that the property is showing its age on various small points despite upgrading efforts:

- Carpet design is REALLY old school, but that is a matter of taste.
- Could find only 2 power sockets, behind a table.
- AC relatively noisy and blowing
- AND THEN THE LIFTS!! Easily waited up to 5 minutes.

All in: Good experience at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: ask for sea view or mountain, depending on taste.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Your typical business luxury hotel. Decent location, convenient to public transportation. Lots of food options in the mall it's located above. Pool area is quite nice and good views. Service was excellent and friendly. Had breakfast on the upper level business center one morning which was nice and quiet.

Only complaint with the Conrad is the lack of character/style, but that's a personal preference. My room was facing away from the water and was large, but for some reason felt a little damp. Not sure if that was just the air conditioning system or what, but wasn't a big enough problem to complain and switch rooms.

Ate at Cafe Grey across the street on the roof of the Upper House hotel for dinner one night, which was fantastic. Upper House would have been where I stayed had I known about it in advance. On the opposite side of the hotel and up the hill a bit is the new Asia Society building, and the restaurant there was quite good as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tyler d
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The last time we stayed here was more than 10 yrs ago and since then, lots of
ultra-luxe hotels have sprouted up since incl our favourite four seasons @ ifc.

But since we were travelling with our 2 kids, conrad had a 2 bedroom suite with
harbour view and so, we elected to stay here.

First impressions were that the hotel retains a certain classical old world air to
it, like a grand dame with heavy dark woods accenting the hotel, as we last
remembered it. But in general, that era is gone and conrad has failed to catchup. It
is is serious need of a major renovation to keep its supposed 5 stars. Some of the
doors in the suite were creaking, curtains were not auomtated, bathrooms lacked the
fizz,,,,in fact, the problem is it hasn't changed in more than 10 years but high end
customers' expectations had.

It didn't even have a club lounge even for suite customers. Strange.

The gym was in basement and was dark and no a right ambience for a present day gym.
The spot lights were all poorly designed to shine over each of the 6 or so
treadmills, directly over your head. It felt hot and glaring,,,,Though the gym was
well-utilised but the hallmark of a great hi-end hotel these days is a well-designed
gym that is kept modernised with the latest modern equipment. Not here.

The harbour view was through a few other skyscrapers that has crept out so nothing
really to shout about, coming from what we are used to at the four seasons. The 2
bedroom suite was also much smaller than advertised. It did come with the usual
amenities but its bathroom toiletries, gels etc were not of a brand that is familiar
to us unlike four seasons that uses only L'occitane. These small details count.

Transport is a bit of a hassle as it involves a rather long walk via the shopping
mall to the nearest mrt station and there are no local food restuarants around
unlike four seasons where a walk across the bridge and you are in central where
foodies abound.

Service continues to be of a high standard except for a run-in with a front desk
hong kong staff who, when queried, rudely addressed us curtly. No sir, no please, no
I'll help you. He didn't even bother to look up, perhaps he was so busy with his
work (front desk) that guests didn't matter? Anyway, it was unpleasant and spoiled
our otherwise good impression of the service that was 5 star till then. Perhaps, he
was too jaded from handling the hordes of crude mainlanders that service no longer
matter. Sad 'cos good service is built so painstakingly and so easy to be lost in an
instant.

Anyway, we probably won't return here as the value proposition is not great. There
is no comparison btw conrad and the four seasons, location, decor, service, luxe
factor, gym and restaurants. All fall far behind.

Room Tip: Instead of a a better room, rather spend for a fancier newer hotel as the difference in rates is neg...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank vincentlau
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This has become my favorite hotel in HK, after a few times I stayed here. First it is located at one of the best location in HK island, above a MTR station. And it is above an upscale shopping mall, with many restaurants in, and nice area with lots around.

I took the MTR from the airport to the hotel each time, and also take the MTR to Guangzhou, and Shenzhen, and back, extremely convenient, and efficient.

The hotel is located at the top of the shopping mall (4th floor, gym, restaurant and an outdoor pool), and the lobby is at 5th floor, you can go up all the way from the MTR station (Admirality), the mall is called Pacific Place, with 2 others hotels (JW Marriott, and Shangri-La). The lobby is not too big, but very classy look, and lobby front door is located at a very steep slope of a street (very interesting HK geographic). The guest rooms start from 8 floor to 62 floors, with executive lounge at 60 floor. The lounge has a spetacular view of the Victoria harbour, and has British style afternoon tea.

The room is big, and nice set up, the bathroom is also very big, with a huge marble floor (I like it most in my room). It also has a sit down area and a coffee table, with huge glass to see outside. I was given a club floor room (59th floor), enjoying great view of the mountain. The breakfast was served at the 4th floor restaurant, with both western and Chinese (my favorite) in variety, next to the gym, and outdoor pool. I tried the gym, very nice, with a sauna and steam room.

The services are great, I could feel the warmness of the staff, starting the moment checking in, they helped with my luggage, escorted me to my room, and showed me the my room, and told me the facilities in the hotel. I also talked to staff in the lounge, and they told me lots of things about HK, and even helped me take a few pictures of myself with nice Victoria harbour background.

I highly recommend this hotel to anybody, if you want to have a wonderful stay in HK in style. It is truely a 5-star hotel, and the only Hilton property in HK.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business