“Clean and friendly accommodations”

City Garden Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #107 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Clean and friendly accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel on numerous trips for business. Many good shops and food can be found within easy walking distance. The rooms have always been clean, bright and roomy. Laundry service is very good and quick. Breakfast buffet has a good variety and always been hot and fresh. The staff go out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a little over a week recently and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. Apparently it is a very popular hotel. The hotel's official check in time was 3pm. I arrived early, about noon, and saw that there was a long line of guests checking out. The front desk did all the registration for me and asked me to go back at about 2pm, when the rooms would be cleaned and ready.

Although it is an older hotel, it has been renovated and well kept. The rooms look fresh and clean. It has very spacious rooms as a hotel in Hong Kong and I got a good bargain through a travel agent. I absolutely love the room.

If you are not certain whether your bags are going to be overweight, you can bring it (them) down to the bell service. They will take out a scale and weight it for you.

The hotel is one of the most quiet ones that I have ever stayed at. There weren't even the usual door slamming sound in the morning. The property was one street behind the tramway and there are plenty of restaurants in any directions you care to walk. There is also a laundry about 5 minutes walk to the right of the hotel, where they wash and dry and fold all your clothes - same day service. Across from the laundry is a Park-n-shop Superstore (supermarket).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank P A
India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and got a good corporate deal. Its located suitably a 5 min walk from metro and few stops from central. The hotel has a very comfortable rooms that are sufficiently large. Plus the Signature room has free laundry and access to lounge for free drinks. The breakfast is quite hearty although it didnt change much everyday. There is also a heated pool which wasnt quite warm and a jacuzzi. Only location crib is there arent any good restaurants nearby but hotel itself has a Michelin star restaurant. Very good value for money in Hong Kong

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Indiantraveljunkie
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband recently had a work function and we were looking for a good venue. To get to the point, the City Garden Hotel surpassed all our expectation in every way! First of all, the restaurant where we booked for our party, YUE is a Michelin star restaurant, and I think it actually deserves 3 stars. Food was truly excellent! And, then the service....was just perfect. Everyone was willing to help and had a great attitude. None of the snobby attitude which some Michelin star restaurants have. City Garden hotel is truly a great place and I think it deserves all accolades which a 6-star hotel deserves (and that is coming from someone who can never be satisfied easily...!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank HongKongComplainer
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is located in a good location and its only 5 minutes walk from the Metro station, the room is big and clean, my little girl has space to run around with a sofa along the window. Staffs can speak fluent English and they were exceptionally helpful and friendly, the check in was extremely quick and we could get travel information from them.

The café served buffet breakfast which was included when I booked through their website, my husband enjoyed the buffet breakfast very much as we found there’s so many different varieties, and the services was excellent as well. Will try their Chinese Restaurant next time as we heard that it’s a Michelin One Star restaurant which we did not have the chance to try it out.

Will surely stay in this hotel again for next visit!

Room Tip: try to book it early so that you may have more options as I did
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank apin b
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was my third time going to HK, happy that my sister came with me this time and we gave this hotel a try. The hotel is accessible and very close to the Fortress Hill station. There is also a dingding tram that can take you around HK Island. Many taxi around the area only cost around $40 to get to Central. Our room faced the garden view, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean, we found no difficiulties to store our 5 big shopping bags in the room while we still had much space to walk around!
The staff recommended us to try their Michelin One Star Chinese restaurant named Yue, we had dim sum there, which were awesome! Obviously it is quite popular among the locals, we had to wait for a while to be seated however totally worth it! The dim sums were very delicate and delicious! Definitely should try this restaurant if you stay in this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mik A
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I had a great time here! We are regular visitors to Hong Kong as my uncle lives in Hong Kong. Since I couldn’t find a hotel near my uncle this time, i.e. I have booked here for trial stay. The rooms are comparatively big from those I stayed before, there are also gym room and swimming pool, and most importantly, FREE WIFI in the hotel!
The location is convenient too, its only 2 metro stops from Causeway Bay or by taxi just within 10 minutes where we did crazy shopping there.
Don’t miss out their restaurant called YUE, where we had quality dim sums and Cantonese food, reasonably priced with excellent service. This restaurant was recommended by my cousin as it is Michelin awarded for two years.
I am more than willing to recommend you this hotel as it’s completely worth the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family