Stayed at City Garden Hotel, Hong Kong with my wife on our recent trip to Hong Kong in May.
1. Excellent location, Fortress Hill MTR is just a leisure 10 minutes walk from the hotel
2. Trams and buses nearby, which will take you into Causeway Bay, Wan Chai and Central in about 15 to 20 minutes. Trams only cost HK$2.30 per trip regardless of number of stops.
3. If you like "yum cha", there are three michelin one-star restaurants nearby. Yue Restaurant inside City Garden Hotel itself, Tim Ho Wan on Wharf Street behind the hotel and One Dim Sum, a leisure 10 minutes walk to Shelf Street, next to Newton Hotel along Electric Road.
4. Lots of shops and restaurants around the hotel, including Macdonald's.
5. Titbits and grocceries are easily available with Wellcome which is located behind the hotel within the City Garden Apartments vicinity.
6. Gym, Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna available in the hotel.
7. Friendly and Helpful staff.
8. Large spacious room, sleep quality was good. And its definitely clean.
1. We were given Room 919 and there wasn't any view as indicated. All the view we had was facing the City Garden Apartments. You may wish to draw your room curtains for privacy as the opposite blocks could easily see into your hotel room.
2. When we checked in, staff assisted us by delivering our luggages to our room. However, staff didn't leave the room until we tipped him. Not sure if tipping is still being practised in Hong Kong.
3. Security. Hotel security is laxed. On one night about 10.30pm while watching television programs, wife and i heard our door being tampered with. I went to the peeped hole and saw two mainland chinese ladies outside. One was fiddling with our room door, while the other stood around to keep watch. They did not carry with them any luggage. I decided not to open the door for fear of their other companions lurking around the corner. I questioned them from behind closed door and they claimed they got the wrong room in their strong mainland chinese accent, mistaking our Room 919 for 909. How "0" can be a "1", i had no idea. Surely two persons couldn't have mistaken a "0" for a "1". It was definitely suspicious. Whatever their intention, i had no idea. But it is still advisable to keep your important stuff lock in the room safe OR bring them along with you. And while you are in your room, always remember to keep your room door lock at all times.
4. Gym is opened 24 hours while the swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna close at 8pm everynight. I feel their hours should be extended to 10pm or maybe 11pm. I came back late (about 9.30pm) from sightseeing and shopping on a few occasions and wanted to use the jacuzzi and sauna for relaxation but they were closed. So disappointed.
5. 90% of the hotel guests are mainland chinese. They could be rude and pushy especially knowing the lifts were crowded, they would still try to push their way in. Very few caucasians, from my observation.
The hotel management should look into the security of the hotel. At the moment, anyone can get in and get out of the hotel freely. Unlike some hotels that i had stayed before, you need to security keycard in order to activate the lift.
I could be mistaken, but i did observe many elderly chinese males getting in and out of the hotel with young beautiful females (or escorts?). It definitely makes the environment a little seedy.
Overall, i will still stay in this hotel should i return to hong kong again simply because of the excellent location and good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the edge of the bustling Causeway Bay shopping and business district, and within 5 minutes walk from Fortress Hill MTR station, the 613-room City Garden Hotel, Hong Kong is one of the best Hong Kong hotels, which provides Handy smartphone, complimentary shuttle bus services to nearby shopping and business hubs, which is only 10 minutes away. City Garden Hotel, Hong Kong has a variety of dining options, including the award-winning restaurant YUE, the Western and Asian favourite Garden Café, and the Singaporean restaurant Satay Inn. Whether it's for business or relaxation, the City Garden Hotel, Hong Kong offers free WIFI and a comprehensive range of facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool, 24-hour gym, business centre, and meeting spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your City Garden Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hong Kong City Garden
- City Garden Hong Kong
- City Garden Hotel Hong Kong