I used to live near this hotel so knew it was one of Hong Kong's hidden gems. Why ? Prices of hotels in HK have shot up in recent years with the influx of mainland tourists. The good hotels are beyond the budget of most of us and the mid and lower tier hotels are often poorly located, have very small rooms and really aren't that cheap.
BLH is one of the (if the only) hotel in the upper mid levels. That means upper floor rooms simply have some of the best views of HK. It's a few minutes walk to the escaltor and the entertainment of the SOHO area. Food in the hotel is average but it's HK so you don't want to be in your hotel anyway. Taxi's are always available on Robinson Rd and it's a short hop down to the airport station.
Like most HK hotels the rooms aren't big but they are adequate. Price wise you won't find better value in HK. Staff are friendly by HK standards so there's really no hassle staying at BLH.
Overall I would always recommend this as tourist hotel or for business people on a budget. I don't often rate hotels this highly but being a former HK resident I think I have a little inside track. In fact I wasn't going to write the hotel up here less I contributed to it's increased popularity !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong