As a visitor with more than 30+ visits to Hong Kong, I often try hotels that are not quite in the center. This time I decided to take my chances with Bishop Lei hotel in Mid-Levels due to many very positive comments on TripAdvisor. It was well worth the money.
The hotel itself is situated in Mid-Levels, not too many hotels in the vicinity and also not close to MTR. But if you know your way around Hong Kong, this should be a piece of cake. The hotel is half way through the escalators, a few blocks away, but within an easy walking distance.
The entire staff was great. All helpful, attentative and truly listened to your requests.
My room (single traveler) was indeed small, but majority of hotel rooms in Hong Kong are really small, get used to it. Scenery was towards the hills (Peak) but since I only use hotel rooms for sleeping while on business, the scenery really does not make any difference.
Everything in my room worked, wifi was free and I slept well in the bed. Only funny and slightly old thing was the actual physical room key. Also, when you get into the room, you need to activate the electricity with the key, like turning on your car engine. Odd and funny, not a major problem - just very old fashioned.
Robinson road is a major through traffic road in Mid-Levels, so getting a taxi was never a problem. Even during rush hour I got the taxi within 5 minutes. Usually within 1 minute.
Also, Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens is very close by, so if you have not visited the park, I warmly recommend you to do so.
The only problem in this 23 floors high hotel was the fact that one out of three elevetors was obviously broken and since hotell staff used the elevators as well, you sometimes end up waiting for the elevator longer than the taxi outside. Nothin major though.
I really enjoyed this stay and it was certainly worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong