Located right in the heart of the business district of Admiralty (MTR station is less than 10 minutes away by public bus or 5 minutes by taxi), but on hilltop, thus a relatively quiet but populated area because it is surrounded by private high-rise residents. The rooms are generally very small, not for big size persons and not for those travelling with big bags. Lucky for me as I L left my stuff with my friend and checked in with a backpack. Just to illustrate how narrow the space is - there isn't a proper table but a stool attached to the wall good enough for a small notebook and I have to sit on the bed to type (but a good thing is the entire hotel has strong signal wi-fi Internet and is available for free - and password is installed once only).
Notwithstanding this, I find the bath room to be reasonably big and easy to move around within - at least compared with the bed room and it comes with hair-dryer etc - except tooth brush and tooth paste. Not a problem as there are few shops within walking distance.
Eating is not a problem too. It is actually (and vertically) very near the famous Lan Kwai Fang - 200m down the hill on foot but returning via one-way escalator. But for those who do not wish to spend money on drink and western food or preferred a quiet place, there are good quality small eateries that sell pizza (HK$90-120 for 12 inches) and sandwiches which one could take away and eat in the hotel.
Because of the "remote" location, the hotel provides shutter bus services at about 30-minutes interval during busy hours. Route 2 will bring you to and back from the nearest Admiralty MTR. Otherwise, the public bus stop right in front of the hotel is where you could wait for local buses. Bus number 23A goes to the same MRT as well - the waiting time is usually less than 15 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong