Having changed my hotel twice this week, I have to disagree about this hotel having a good location - there is nothing here! If you want a restaurant or even a 7 Eleven, it's a 10 minute plus walk down hill to Lan Kwai Fong, and a 20 minute walk up hill! (you better be fit, because it's a 60 degree angle!). I planned on taking a taxi back, but I would not be extorted! (taxi wanted 100HKD to take me up the hill - I can get a taxi across town for less than 50HKD!) so I hiked it (good exercise, I guess, even though it was raining lightly)
I will say that if you get a Harbor Suite, you will have a good view: a beautiful botanical garden at the base (it was nice to wake up to the jungle sounds) and a rear view of the nightly light show (directly across from the HSBC building and the main light action)
The rooms themselves are typical of Hong Kong: small and basic, but clean. Housekeeping is incredibly friendly, and reception was also nice and helpful.
There is a restaurant on site that actually has good food (best carbonara and fried rice I have had this trip), but the beverages are lacking (orange juice is not really orange juice, and the cappuccino was instant), and there is no bar (just beer and wine in the restaurant -or bring your own for a 50HKD corking fee). Room service was surprisingly fast, friendly, and tasty.
Be aware that if you have a bad back, this is not the place for you: the beds are rock hard, as are the pillows.
The pool was surpringly nice: good size, clean, and always someone on site to give you a fresh towel, or take your food order. There is also a small gym if you need to work off some calories.
If you are looking to get above the noise, this hotel in a residential area may be a good choice for you: not too expensive, close to the escalators, taxis readily available, and a bus stop right out the front door. But I am bored, and checking out in a couple of hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong