I've had the misfortune of staying at this place twice, for 5 days each time. Both times I was in the Harbor View Room which is like a one-bedroom apartment. While I appreciate the good size of the Harbor View Room, the rooms have a damp musky smell, the furnishings are old, and the toilet is terrible. The first time when I stayed there during a cold spell in March, the room was so cold, I had colleagues telling me they had to sleep in their jeans!
The service staff at the reception and concierge are not very helpful. Eg, when I asked to get a cab during a Saturday afternoon, they just told me that getting a cab would be impossible and to take their shuttle bus or walk. They didn't even bother to try!
In the same way, when I arrived early at 1.30pm and requested to check in, they told me very matter-of-factly that check in time is 2pm and I'm early so they are going to "see what they can do".
The only positive is the great view of HK that you get, especially in the evening. Unless you are really on a tight budget but want to stay in central HK, I'd recommend you give this place a skip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong