My second visit to Bishop Lei and it didn't disappoint. I like the hotel because of its mid-levels location - so convenient for the escalator up from Central through Soho, so everything you could want in Hong Kong is within 15-20 minutes walk. Also good for buses and taxis as it's on a main route.
On our last day we decided to walk through the Botanical Gardens to the Peak Tramway station - the hotel is next to an anonymous staircase which runs steeply down through the Cathedral courtyard and pops out at the northern entrance to the Gardens. Watch out for nuns and gibbons on your trip!
After a walk around the Peak we bussed (no. 15) down to the Star Ferry to watch the sunset over the island from Kowloon side - then ferry back and up the escalator again to collect our bags form the hotel concierge and taxi down to the Airport Express for the flight home. The Bishop Lei was perfect, although prices have risen since my last stay in 2009.
Ive read that standard rooms are small so go for a Harbour View Suite, it's a good choice with a stunning floor-to-ceiling view of the skyscrapers and the harbour, but watch for heavy rates during trade show weeks. You can negotiate a discount via email if you book direct wih the hotel and you'll get the best rate.
Staff were efficient and spoke good english. Breakfast is good though a bit pricey - get down before 9.15 or the food begins to run out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong