“All-around great hotel: gorgeous views, nice gym, great staff”

InterContinental Hong Kong
Ranked #12 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on the last leg of our Honeymoon trip and were very pleased. We didn't want to spend as much for this last part of the trip, but the hotel was just as good as the more expensive hotels we stayed in elsewhere, i.e. the Peninsula, etc. Our room was on the smaller side (by American standards), but not too small with a nice, large bathroom. The room was also equipped with lots of fun extras and phenomenal views of Victoria Harbour. The concierge and other staff at the hotel were helpful, friendly and efficient. I also like working out and the gym was great, good equipment and big for a hotel gym. The lobby has a lively scene which reminded us of home a bit (we live in Manhattan). The one downside was the hotel restaurant was rather overpriced, but I think that is de rigueur with hotel restaurants in general.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kristisk8
Write a ReviewReviews (4,143)

Reviewed January 3, 2011

The harbour view rooms are fantastic. Extremely comfortable, makes one want to just stay there and watch the boats and ships all day.

Service at the hotel is excellent. Club InterContinental is always a nice touch. Nice to grab a short bite and have a quiet conversation.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank dagger-trotter
Reviewed December 28, 2010

It's not the nicest, newest hotel in Hong Kong - the decor feels dated and the rooms are a bit dark, but I travel to Hong Kong frequently and when I have a choice I'm always at the Intercon.

The food at breakfast and in the restaurants is good - Yan Toh Heen is delicious, Nobu is just OK for me but everyone else seems to love it, and the in-room noodle menu is amazing (but do venture out of the hotel to eat while you're in Hong Kong; it's a very exciting food city!).

Service is top-notch on all fronts. The spa is small but nice, and I had a great massage.

The real draw is the location - you're close to everything Tsim Sha Tsui has to offer and just a quick ferry or Metro from the Hong Kong side or the rest of Kowloon, and nothing can beat the view from the lobby bar or the infinity hot tub out by the pool.

I've stayed at the W, the Peninsula, and both Shangri-La'sand I always choose to come back to the Intercon for the location, service, and views when I'm in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DennisM4919
Reviewed December 20, 2010

During our trip to HK, we put up two nights at Intercontinental. Personally, I fell in love with this hotel for its panoramic view of Victoria Harbour...Its indeed breathtaking!!

The hotel is pretty new and well maintained.. Room is tastefully designed, bed is comfy, and best of all, there's bright lighting in the washroom (bright lighting comes in handy when we lady wanna put on make up)..However, we wish the room would be a little more spacious..

If I were to point out anything negative abt Intercontinental HK, it would be its location. Don't get me wrong!! Intercontinental does have a strategic location generally..However, my only complain would be the SLIGHT distance to walk out from its hotel lobby...

In order to access to the shopping area, we have to go thru' the underground MTR station. In terms of price, Intercontinental is quite pricey..We paid abt near 700USD per night for intercontinental

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChloeTeah
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed here with my wife on the last night of our Asian Honeymoon.

The hotel is just in a great spot. Fantastic views (we got a sea view) and really friendly professional service. Having a leg-numbing vodka martini in the lobby lounge watching the light show across the harbour as the ships ferry back and forth at night is such a great insight into what makes Hong Kong one of the most interesting and impressive cities on earth.

Try the hot tub to read a paper and have a coffee whilst watching the same view in the morning too!

Obviously not a cheap choice, but its a great way to stay in HK!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Stayed there for 2 days after 10 days at ICGC.
As I am RA member, I went to the instant check in deck and handed in the possport and the free night vouncher but then was told i could not us it as I did not book via IHG site. I told the staff, Emily, I did but was told I did not read the small prints fully. I pinted her all the rules and showed her all I fulfilled. then I was leaded by other staff to my Deluxe harbour view junior suite as upgarded. room view is great but the loo is small. Emily later called up and said the vouncher was ok. Internet was not free, unlike ICGS, and very expensive HKD156. Staffs service were nice but very coroprate.
Cleaners kept ring the door bell on our last day and asked when we r leaving. the bell boys when meant to collect our suitcases opened the door without even ring the bell.
it is a very great hotel if for business trip otherwise I would stay eleswhere frindlt and treat us as home

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbwsbw
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This an excellent hotel in an outstanding location, certainly one of the flagships of the Intercontinental brand.
The hotel itself is quite impressive, from its public spaces to its rooms, including the food outlets and the general level of service. The rooms are spacious, modern, and upscale, but do splurge for a coveted harbor view, as this hotel has some of the best views of all Hong Kong hotels. Deluxe harbour view rooms have a better view than junior suites, in my limited experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business