“Best view in town”

Ranked #12 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
torino
“Best view in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

Best view in town , expecially in the lobby lounge. but expensive.
it worth for the view, the rooms are small, elegant a little bit over Intercontinental standards. the service was great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I'm a frequent traveller to HK, and usually stay at the W as its close to the Airport Train Station or the Peninsula when travelling with clients, on my last trip both were booked, so I tried the IC. And I'm glad I did. Great value, great location, staff are super nice, I'm platinum at SPG, and no status at IC, but I got upgraded to a nice corner room. I had an ala carte dinner which was very good as well, I do recommend though if you are looking for a snack, then have it at lobby cafe. I spent some time there, and the ambience was very good, the music and singer made it a very enjoyable way to spend the evening (for a solo traveller).. Overall, a great hotel, I wish I stayed longer, but already planning to stay there the next trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MikeyR
NE US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the intercontinental for 6 nights at the beginning of June. It was our second time staying at the hotel. We like the location on the Kowloon side that is close to a lot of other hotels and restaurants. It is also close to the Star ferry, which we used everyday to cross to the Central area. It is worth spending the extra money if you can to book a room with a harbor view. The views are wonderful. Another perk that is worth the money is to get breakfast included. The breakfast buffet is one of the best, if not the best of any hotel we have ever stayed at. If you do not book the rate with breakfast it is worth it to treat yourself one day and then have a light lunch to make up for it. We had a nice evening snack the night of our arrival in the lobby bar overlooking the harbor. The service is excellent and it is truly a luxurious hotel (but then again it is also expensive).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard F
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed here for the first part of our Honeymoon in order to relax before heading to mainland China. We were upgraded to a harbour view room and this is the Intercon's great asset ahead of those on Hong Kong Island. A plaza view room might prove quite a disappointment in comparison. Being in Kowloon the intercon is great for shopping too and nicely away from the ex-pats of the island.
We were also given access to the club lounge which brought with it inclusive breakfast - breakfasts otherwise is very expensive.
The roof pool is five star as is Nobu restaurant and we particularly enjoyed the Yan Toh Heen restaurant on the ground floor - which was much much better food, service and value than some of the "quality" Cantonese found on the island.
Some of the extras (drinks, spa) are extortionately priced but overall we'll forgive that for the very, very comfortable few days we spent here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gadflyer
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Just traveled from Shenzhen to HK. If you are looking for a hotel near to subway, with marvelous seaview, this is your perfect choice. The subway station is just a minute from the hotel. The room is according to the normal standard of Intercontinental Group. Unfortunately the new world hotel next to it is under demolishment. It became a construction site, and it affected the exterior area of the hotel a lot. I was expecting a top 5 star hotel with 5 star surroundings around, but not a construction site.
Nevertheless, the hotel interior was perfect. Must try the buffet in coffee shop at night. The view with lasershow was marvelous.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

#1 The best views in Hong Kong, second to none.
#2 Exceptional high end restaurants (but not for those on a budget).
#3 Good service.

I stayed here 2 nights then flew to South East Asia, and stayed another 3 nights on my way back.

While this is a first class hotel with views second to none, The Four Seasons Hong Kong building and facilities are a step above the Intercontinental HK because it is a much newer building.

The service is what you would expect for a hotel of this caliber with the exception of the Concierge which I thought was always in a hurry to "get rid" of me, even when there was no one else at the counter. Being in the customer service industry myself, I think they can be a little "warmer". I felt like I was being served by a public information booth and not the concierge of a five star hotel.
I unfortunately never experienced the "wow" service that some other guests raved about. The best service that I ever experienced that blew me away was at the Four Seasons Singapore - I am still looking for a repeat of that level of service but have not been able
to find it yet. ( I am a very polite and respectful guest ).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank PeterSF1
Tiburon, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed here to unwind after visiting Viet Nam and Cambodia, and it was a good choice. The hotel is pricey but the harbor views were great.

On arrival, we were pushed hard to upgrade our room with the club package. The clerk said we'd pay 700 HK$ compared with 550 for breakfast plus 155 for WiFi. But it's really 770 with the tax, and he didn't mention that the club breakfast is much smaller than the full breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Turned off by the hard sell, we turned it down.

However, the next morning, I asked again at the desk, and was offered the club package for our remaining two nights, but with three breakfasts. That was a good deal - and I became a fan. We enjoyed the quiet and privacy of the leisurely breakfasts in the lounge (but not so great if you're in a rush), the personal service, and even the upgraded toiletries. One day, in addition to the breakfast, we hit the lounge for tea and then made a light dinner off the happy hour hors doeuvres.

We enjoyed the hotel, with a few little glitches. Our nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. And public transportation is apparently beneath the hotel's image, because the concierge wasn't quite equipped to advise on it. When we asked about getting to the Ngong Ping cable car on Lantau, she told us to take a taxi. When we said we were taking the metro and asked how to get to the station (a 5 minute walk), she suggested ---- a taxi!

Still - the Intercontinental was a great place to rest and recharge at the end of a long trip.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple