Hong Kong has to be known for being pricey, but thankfully your value for money is there with this hotel, there are many aspects that come together to really make this place something special - and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a memorable place to stay in this wonderful city.
The location of this place makes it stand out from its other competitors, situated right on the edge of the harbour, with complete panoramic views of the island you will be hard done by trying to find a better harbour view room than this place. The location is also convenient as it is only a 2 minute walk from the Kowloon Star Ferry Port allowing easy (and cheap) access to the island up to 11pm - there is also a subway station directly outside the front entrance.
This place is always buzzing, most nights there is a red carpet outside accompanied usually by an array of sports cars, welcoming the next famous person to Hong Kong, it is a great vibe and as such the bar just behind the reception area is a guaranteed atmospheric way to start an evening, with panoramic views to match from the floor to ceiling windows.
The rooms themselves were clearly recently refurbished, with everything one would expect from a good Intercontinental Hotel, nothing special, but certainly comfortable and spacious enough - the bathroom was extremely spacious but also had a rather loud toilet flush - it sounded like a vacuum cleaner, not exactly discreet.
The absolute highlight of this hotel has to be the pool area - two infinity jacuzzis perched on the edge of the property overlooking the island, this was one of my main motivations for booking this place and it certainly delivered. The jacuzzis are open every day until 10pm and are a great place to enjoy a cocktail and watch the lights come on, there is also extremely tentative poolside service from a great group of staff who are very friendly and really cannot do enough for you - cast any doubts you have about this part of the hotel behind, it is a really great asset to have and is open to all guests.
The hotel is massive and one worry I had was a potential neglect to the service side due to the scale, however I was pleasantly surprised, the poolside service was friendly, and extremely tentative, as well as this every member of staff from the cleaning staff to the concierge always had a smile on their face and were always there to help you with your needs.
The only bones I have about this place are that they charge for Wifi, I cannot truly identify with any hotel chain that still believes it is acceptable to charge £15 a day for Wifi, it is terrible value for guests and extremely old fashioned - get with the times.
Book it - book a harbour room, and don't be a cheapskate.
Thanks to all the staff for a great stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental