My Mum & I had a week in Hong Kong in late June, 2013 and shared a harbour view deluxe room at the Intercontinental Hotel on Salisbury Road. The harbour view from the room was amazing, with big picture windows to enjoy the goings on night and day. The room itself was very spacious with a fabulous big bathroom and a separate toilet. The beds were very comfortable, the air conditioning was easy to adjust to suit and the shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. The Hotel itself was very quiet and we noticed there were a few big functions when we were there but we did not hear any guests walking around the hall ways. We enjoyed the extensive buffet breakfast each morning and often enjoyed a drink and a snack in the Hotel lobby. The lobby bar has a wonderful view also, especially in the evening when the skyline starts to light up. All staff at this Hotel, from housekeeping to the reception staff to the wait staff were absolutely lovely. No problems with anybody. The concierge desk were always helpful, as were the staff opening doors or organising taxis. Nothing was too much trouble for these people and they were always a pleasure to deal with. Their service was always delivered with a smile or a friendly comment. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anybody staying in Hong Kong. It was a 10 minute walk to the Star Ferry. Five minute walk to the Peninsula Hotel via the underground walk way. Two minute walk to the Avenue of the Stars. Five minute walk to the closest MTR station (Tsim Sha Tsui East) and Sogo Department Store was next door to the Hotel. I did not go in the pool but did visit the area for a look. It was a fabulous pool with plenty of lounges and friendly staff on hand to help you. I did not use the gym but it looked very clean and well equipped with plenty of treadmills etc. We also dined in the Yan Toh Heen Chinese Restaurant in the Hotel and the food was fabulous as was the service. It was expensive but well worth the price. This Hotel is exceptional and I would highly recommend it. I also hope to return to Hong Kong and would definitely choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental