I'd rate this hotel a 4+.
I booked a room with a king bed and full (deluxe) view of the harbor. It was worth every penny – the view was amazing! The room size was quite large, as was the bathroom. The only thing that was a bit “off” was that the shower stall was pretty small – especially relative to the size of the bathroom. The room was well stocked with amenities, including a fresh fruit bowl on arrival. The gym was also a decent size with an adequate number of machines and very helpful staff. I also tried out the spa and can highly recommend the massages. (The restaurant/bar area around the outdoor pool is also a nice spot to relax for a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the hotel.) The hotel has a number of high end restaurants; I tried 3 of them – Nobu, Spoon and Yan Toh Heen. All 3 were very accommodating to someone dining alone. Personally, I thought Nobu and Yan Toh Heen were top notch, but I was disappointed in Spoon. (I would not recommend the lattes in the hotel; they were $10 and not particularly good; go to one of the Starbucks nearby instead). I also booked a driver guide for 3 hours to take a short tour of the city and would recommend using that service if you are interested in sightseeing. The guide was excellent and very willing to tailor her tour to your interests and the time you had, the driver was very professional and the vehicle was a spotless Mercedes. I used the concierge for a number of services - restaurant reservations, shopping, tours, etc. and she did an excellent job on everything.
Even if you don’t splurge for a view room, the view from the lobby lounge area of the hotel is also fantastic. So I’d recommend stopping in for a drink and just taking in the view. (You can also easily see the light show in the evening from the lounge area). Finally, the hotel location was excellent for all sorts of shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental