“To stay at the ICH was on my "bucket list" for many years and all my expectations were met.....”

InterContinental Hong Kong
Ranked #12 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have been to HK 8 times previously and stayed at some lovely properties but the ICH was fantastic, What differentiates this deluxe hotel from the others is the consistant outstanding service and the wonderful location. I visited the lobby of the hotel many years ago and vowed to come and stay one day. I have champagne taste and a beer budget so I saved and was realistic that it was going to be expensive. I travelled with my sister, and she went to HK for a rest and I went for some sites, shopping and to stay in luxury with the magnificent views.

It all started with the limo service and being met by our own personal Service Consultant who checked us in at our room....he also personally said farewell to us at the limo. Limo service was delightful.......and $$ well spent!

As we used Club IC I did not feel it necessary to have a harbour view room and I feel I made the right decision. We had a deluxe mini suite with our own outside courtyard which we used a few times. It was very clean and comfortable with everything we needed. I did have one small issue which I brought to the house-keeping staff's attention and the problem was rectified with so many apologies and extra items and attention. The decor is a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. I would comment that the room was occasionally noisy due to pipes/plumbing/water noise.

The Club IC was fantastic, what a fantastic team of service professionals! Nothing was too much trouble and has some lovely conversations with them. I really must say they were all great but Terence, Wilfred and Phoebe were stand-outs.

Lovely pool and jacuzzi area, which we frequented regularly. Thanks to Danny who was very efficient and professional but fun too!

The iSpa was lovely - had two treatments one with Rachel and one with Cherry, again so professional and luxurious.

The stand-out had to be dinner at Spoon................thanks Wilfred for getting us the window view and coming by to ensure we were happy. It was something I will remember forever. Lovely food, super service and the view was just incredible.

All in all ICH is a wonderful place to stay, very sophisticated yet comfortable with amazing staff. I notice some reviews talk about a lack of value for money - I say if you are not prepared to spend the money then don't stay there but for me this was great value and an experience I hope to repeat again in the future (once I have saved up again)!

Room Tip: If you use Club IC and Spoon then I don't think a harbour view room is essential....but I don...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We enjoyed a great 4 night stay at the Intercon. We arrived at 7 am from Auckland and were upgraded to a suite with Harbour View immediately. This really helped us de-jetlag as we could just fall into bed and sleep for a few hours. We enjoyed some room service meals beautifully presented and when we had a problem with the hot water they fixed it promptly and sent us up a bottle of champers. Would we stay there again? Yes, in a heartbeat if we saved up .... The staff go the extra mile and the breakfast buffet was the largest I have seen in any 5 star hotel anywhere!

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Langalenie
Reviewed April 1, 2012

For the first time I did not upgrade to Club privileges. I was meeting friends who were staying at another hotel, and at an additional $125+ per day it wasn't worth the inremental expense for the few features I would use. I missed the experience. While the hotel is certainly fine... Rooms large, bathrooms with separate tub and shower, great views, I realized that the Club Lounge and staff are what makes this a five star stay. In addition some of the amenities that were formerly associated with Ambassador level seemed to be missing this time around. Overall a good but not great experience.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great room with amazing view of the harbour. Lovely room, great service and very friendly staff. Gym was great complete with detox tea. Overall a great experience and would love to return.

Room Tip: Pay to upgrade to a harbour view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed at the InterContinental as part of a meeting planner familiarizaiton trip organized by the Hong Kong tourist commission. There is a lot of competition in Hong Kong with many 5-star properties. The InterCon stands out due to its location - situated right on Victoria Harbour with stunning views from the rooms on the harbor side. Rooms are large and well-appointed with separate shower/tub combination in the bathrooms. Window curtains are controlled by buttons near the bed. Service was very good - my toilet sprung a leak and the hotel quickly and efficiently moved me to a suite next door and sent a bottle of wine by way of apology. Great lounge in lobby with floor-to-ceiling windows. Very large club lounge with extensive buffet of American and Asian breakfast items plus a menu to order a la carte. Located across from the Peninsula, the tourist and shopping district of Tsim Sha Tsui is easily accessible

Room Tip: Reserve a harborside room for stunning views
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2012

What a lovely hotel, had an amazing room looking over the harbour,pity about the weather!For hong Kong the room was very large we had 3 people sharing. Conceirge very helpful helping us organise bookings and directions. We decided to join the club room for 1 night, included use of wifi in room and drinks and nibbles throughout the day.Great spot on the harbour and out of the real hustle bustle of the shopping centre, but easy walk. definately recommend..

Room Tip: book a room with a view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed at many outstanding hotel; the service at InterContinental Hong Kong stood out. I stayed there with my mother who was recovering from major orthopedic surgery. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The view from our harbor-view suite and room was fantastic.

Room Tip: High floors harbor view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family