I have been to HK 8 times previously and stayed at some lovely properties but the ICH was fantastic, What differentiates this deluxe hotel from the others is the consistant outstanding service and the wonderful location. I visited the lobby of the hotel many years ago and vowed to come and stay one day. I have champagne taste and a beer budget so I saved and was realistic that it was going to be expensive. I travelled with my sister, and she went to HK for a rest and I went for some sites, shopping and to stay in luxury with the magnificent views.
It all started with the limo service and being met by our own personal Service Consultant who checked us in at our room....he also personally said farewell to us at the limo. Limo service was delightful.......and $$ well spent!
As we used Club IC I did not feel it necessary to have a harbour view room and I feel I made the right decision. We had a deluxe mini suite with our own outside courtyard which we used a few times. It was very clean and comfortable with everything we needed. I did have one small issue which I brought to the house-keeping staff's attention and the problem was rectified with so many apologies and extra items and attention. The decor is a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. I would comment that the room was occasionally noisy due to pipes/plumbing/water noise.
The Club IC was fantastic, what a fantastic team of service professionals! Nothing was too much trouble and has some lovely conversations with them. I really must say they were all great but Terence, Wilfred and Phoebe were stand-outs.
Lovely pool and jacuzzi area, which we frequented regularly. Thanks to Danny who was very efficient and professional but fun too!
The iSpa was lovely - had two treatments one with Rachel and one with Cherry, again so professional and luxurious.
The stand-out had to be dinner at Spoon................thanks Wilfred for getting us the window view and coming by to ensure we were happy. It was something I will remember forever. Lovely food, super service and the view was just incredible.
All in all ICH is a wonderful place to stay, very sophisticated yet comfortable with amazing staff. I notice some reviews talk about a lack of value for money - I say if you are not prepared to spend the money then don't stay there but for me this was great value and an experience I hope to repeat again in the future (once I have saved up again)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental