“Great Location”

Ranked #9 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Great Location”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Situated in Kowloon, the location of the hotel is very convenient as its in the heart of Tsim Sa Tsui with great shopping all around, and within walking distance to a perfect view of the famous sky line.

First good thing I have to say about this Hotel was the amazing smell in the lobby area, it was amazing! The concierge staff where friendly and professional.
The room was nice and spacious and we had a great sleep as the bed was nice and comfortable. The Buffet breakfast was good, I particularly enjoyed the fresh fruit and vegetable juices every morning.

Would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Hong Kong.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Had a wonderful stay here with my family. From the moment we arrived, we were taken care of extremely well - everyone, from the concierge to the housekeeping staff, was very friendly and polite, and the doormen would greet us by name every day. The staff was definitely a highlight, and it was a pleasure to return to the hotel every night. Both check-in and check-out went smoothly and quickly and although the Wi-fi isn't free, we were given a discounted rate upon check-in.

Stayed in a standard room, which was fine. Although not the largest, it was perfectly sized for our needs, modern and tastefully furnished with a decent view of the buildings in TST. The beds were comfortable and soundproofing was good; I had a great sleep every night.

Loved the classic decor in the lobby and throughout the hotel as well.
Dining was also excellent - the breakfast buffet was quite nice, and I absolutely loved T'ang Court - elegant and delicious Chinese food. The location is very convenient, situated in the heart of Tsim Sa Tsui and close to all the shopping destinations as well as the MTR.

Overall, if you're looking for an elegant hotel on the Kowloon side, then the Langham would be an excellent choice. Will definitely choose to stay here again when I visit Hong Kong again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here before, again on business and thought it was OK, this time was a disaster. Here goes....

Room
Booked a standard room, what a disaster that was. 3rd floor, tiny, old fashioned, smelt of smoke (reassured it was not and had never been a smoking room). Carpet stained, next to no natural light (3rd floor but ground floor view out of the 'cell' window). On my previous stay I had a superior room which was small but actually quite nice. The standard room was simply awful and more akin to 3 star North America motel.

Bathroom
No separate shower despite this being 5 star. Shower head would not sit central and constantly pointed to the wall, interesting when trying to wash my hair! Lighting was so bad I thought I had forgotten to turn on one of the switches. A woman applying make up would have no chance and probably end up looking like Alice Cooper it was so dark!

Breakfast OK but the room is tight at peak times. Chinese restaurant on the 3/4th floor very nice.

Location
Great location for shopping and sight seeing.

Staff
Generally OK although as I had complained about the room and this showed on my 'record' I was definitely treated as a 'trouble causer' upon checkout. No "how was your stay" or any of the regular pleasantries. Don't get me wrong, I can live without the false smiles but was definitely made to feel uncomfortable.

Other
Woken at 12:30 a.m. on 2 consecutive nights by heavy drilling from the adjoining building. Yes, really.

Overall
I travel to HK several times a year and will be returning to the Kowloon Shrangri-La. It is a 5 minute walk away from the main street but even the standard rooms are far better than the Langham.

Room Tip: Do not book a standard room, they are old fashioned and in desperate need of renovation.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank scatch1
makti
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel makes you want to come back. The signature aroma of Langham greets you the moment you enter the lobby and you know that you are once again at home. The staff greets you by your name when they approach you to handle your luggage. You also seem to regret leaving the elegance and comfort of your room everytime you have to go out. Can't wait for my next stay. Simply perfect.

• Stayed December 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The staff are not polite at all. The staff at G/F reception point me to other staff but without looking at me. After few minutes, the staff told me to go to 11/F. My room was available until 430pm. If Langham cannot handle so much late check out, then please just cut this policy. Otherwise, how can you convice guest to stay again.

In addition, the worse scenraio is that I requested late check out at 4pm. But my room card was disabled at 2pm and the handling staff said ok. I have to go to 11/F reception to activate my card. Of course, the lady at 11/F reception just showed me the long face.

The toilet design is interesting that the tissue box is far from the counter top. The towel at the counter top is just too low; No shaving kit was provided that the notice shown it.

The Langham Place Hotel have EPG TV channel but The Langham do not have.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank alanwwn1234
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Alan,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your stay with us. From the shortcomings you have highlighted in your feedback, we clearly did not meet your expectations during your stay, and I sincerely apologise.

I would be most great full if you could make direct contact with myself, as I would like to gather further details on your experience. I have noticed in your profile you reside in Hong Kong, it would be great to catch up for a cup of tea when you are nearby the hotel so we can also meet in person. I have noted my contact details below and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
Dean.Dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
Montreal
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our first time in HK, we hesitated for between the Peninsula and the Langham.
It was our first time at a Langham property and we LOVED it. The staff was superb!
HK is an amazing city, the city's natural perfume and the friendly people all around, made it magical.

From the moment we stepped in the beautiful hotel lobby of the Langham up to the point when we left, everything was perfect.

The private airport pick up was seamless and so worth it. Our Floor manager was great, she took the time to show us our room, made sure we had everything we needed to turn in.
There were special amenities prepared for us.
My husband loved the red wine bottled they gifted us with.
The room was a decent size, yet very well appointed, with everything you need. The bed was uber comfortable, great pillow menu that was very much appreciated especially after a 16 hours plane ride.

We loved the breakfast buffet. Very up to part with what you would find at a top Shangri-La.

The location was perfect, a block away from the peninsula arcade shops and the BIG BUS Hong Kong Hop on Hop off. Walkable distance from the night market. The hotel is very close to the harbour so easy access to the ferry and to see the light show at night. The hotel is very central for all the tourist attractions and the Duty free DSF mall is literally next door to the hotel and so are many of our favorite shops.

We are so please with our stay that we cannot wait to try another Langham property.

At departure, the concierge recommended we try the free shuttle to the train station, it comes every 15 minutes. The ride to the airport was so easy. You check in your luggage with your airline before getting on the train and pick them up after your flight!
AMAZING!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the pillow menu. May Yau, the reservations Sales Manager was amazing!. She r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Globetrotter_411
LanghamHongKong_mc02, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong. Thanks so much for the review and your confidence in The Langham brand.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham, Hong Kong.

We take pride that our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Tsimshatsui, Kowloon - one of the liveliest and most popular areas of the city with an outstanding choice of shopping and entertainment. We also take great pride in the poised and quiet confidence of our frontline colleagues.

Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do.

In addition, we would like to add that we recently launched a new line of bathroom amenities at the end of this year, custom-designed by a famous parfumier from Italy. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the very near future.

Yours Sincerely,

The Langham, Hong Kong Guest Relations Team
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We found the staff delightful in all parts of this very comfortable hotel. We loved all the restaurants and their different atmospheres. There were very pleasant areas to sit in downstairs with a lovely atmosphere throughout. The swimming pool was fabulous, we swam under the stars. The only thing that did not work well was a very underpowered hairdrier that kept on overheating. But everything else was perfect.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple