“Absolutely LOVED it!”

Ranked #9 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Everything about this hotel was clean and beautiful. I stayed here for three nights as a birthday present and when our room was cleaned one of the cleaners must have seen a birthday card I had on my bedside table and when we returned that evening there was a silver tray with a gorgeous birthday cake and card on it from the hotel. It really was special.

We were able to walk around and see the city very easily from this location and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hong Kong.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LeeseyPow
Management response:Responded August 2, 2013

Dear LeeseyPow,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Rotterdam. Thank you for your complimentary review following your stay at The Langham, Hong Kong.

I was delighted to see that you were pleased with our service during your time spent here. We are situated a location with World's Luxury Brands and just 5 minutes walk to Tsimshatsui MTR Station with connections to all major urban areas, the airport and mainland China.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family again very soon during your next visit to Hong Kong.

There are newer reviews for The Langham, Hong Kong

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love the pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym, and the location (right next to train station). Staff are very attentive and efficient. However, my deluxe room looked relatively a little older than other 5 star hotels I've been to. Oh, food is also good!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank patchaos
Management response:Responded August 1, 2013

Dear atchaos,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Singapore. I am truly delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the food and Health Club facilities; you are right! We are situated in a great location which just 5 minutes walk to the historic Star Ferry, then a 10-minute harbour crossing to Hong Kong Island.

Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with this hotel having stayed there after reading the reviews. We stayed for 6 nights there last month, and was upgraded to a deluxe room, which is the level above the standard room. However I can't say that I can spot any difference between that, and a standard room at most other hotels. The things I spotted were:

1. there was an unpleasant damp smell in the room, luckily that went away after a day of turning up the aircon to full blast;
2. service was definitely sub-par. We didn't ask for anything in particular during our stay, but even the cleaning staff, or other staff we see on the corridors feel cold and uncaring. Most of them gave us a blank look when we walk past;
3. the hotel decor feels dated, it doesn't look as luxiously or elegant as in the pictures. The lobby was dimly lit. The decoration in our room feels like it was done 10 years ago (maybe a bit harsh but that's how I felt).
4. Our deluxe room looks straight an empty office under decoration (about 10-20m away across the alleyway), with building/decoration waste all over in that office, and occassionally half-naked builders in there - not a pretty sight. So we had our curtains closed during our entire stay.

All in all, I wouldn't say that it was a very bad stay, the basic facilities are all there. It was bearable but certainly not what I would expect from a top hotel brand. Don't think I'll stay here again.

1  Thank di_0012
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear “di_0012 ”,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

I hope you had a pleasant flight back to London.

Thank you for your transparent feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We endeavour to ensure our guests experience a memorable stay with us, and it is unfortunate this was not the case during your visit. Disappointing to hear that the overall décor of your Deluxe Room, the view from it, and the service you encountered was not to the level you expect, and most certainly not to the level we strive to offer to our guests. We aim to tailor each guests experience according to their expectations and we have clearly failed on this occasion.

I would be most grateful if you could make direct contact with me as I am keen to ensure we are able to win back your faith in The Langham, Hong Kong as I must highlight that the service and product shortfalls you experienced is not indicative of what our guests typically experience.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager – Rooms
dean.dimitriou@langhamhotels.com

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Fab hotel in a good location. Very comfortable room but no view as a standard room. Looked into an inner area that was concrete once I could see past the bit of greenery that was planted there, still I was out most of the time.
Very service orientated, staff could not have been more helpful and considerate. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
I think breakfast could have been better but otherwise a great hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JULES1402
Management response:Responded August 1, 2013

Dear JULES1402,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to England. We are happy to hear that you and your partner had a great experience while in our hotel. Thank you indeed for your comments and words on our staff and property itself. In fact, all our staff are oriented into exceeding guests´ expectations.

Hope to have the chance to host you again in nearly future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at the Langham as stop over to Austalia. We arranged with the hotel to be collected by the hotel's shuttle a little bit expensive but worth it as it was a straightforward process. On arriving at the hotel, checking in was swift and staff could not do enough for you. The entrance had a whow factor. The room was lovely comfortable bed, fab bathroom with all amenities provided. Word of warning the bottle of water near the kettle is NOT complimantary as I though and used it to boil the kettle not good at £8.00 for a litre. You are provided with 2 complimantry smallbottles of water, and you can get more from the spa upstairs which are in the fridge.

Went to use the pool put unfortunately due to weather conditions it was closed but the lady on the desk was extremely helpful and phoned down to the room when it became available.

All staff were extremely but have to mention if you need any help and advice to tour the city then do not hesitate to visit the conciarge, they were the most helpful people I ever met and very courteous.

Breakfast was awesome everything available although we did have to ask for extra tea bags in the tea as it was very weak but the waiter remembered the next morning.

All in all a great hotel in a great location would definately not hesitate to visit again.

Room Tip: We were near the top floor which was very quite although the view was nothing special
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank torfaenwesty
Management response:Responded July 30, 2013

Dear torfaenwesty,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to torfaen. Thank you very much from all of us that you have chosen The Langham, Hong Kong for your most recent stay.

It has been a delight and honor being your host. Your open and friendly feedback is very much appreciated by all of us and gives us pleasure, a little pride and of course a lot of motivation to provide service excellence.

The entire team of The Langham, Hong Kong looks forward to welcoming you back to Hong Kong soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent my first night with my girl friend in this hotel and really had a great night. All set-ups are thoughtful and stuffs are great. The location of the hotel is great, too. Right next to the subway station and shopping malls.

Room Tip: Vogue Suite is sweet
Management response:Responded July 30, 2013

Dear Bowen Z,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to home. Thank you very much for publishing your experiences, concerning your first visit at The Langham, Hong Kong on Tripadvisor.

We are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

I hope that we will be able to look after you again soon in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have just stayed for our honeymoon and we are disappointed having stayed in Langham ' s in London this was a poor relation. The room was poor - see comments below.
We got charged for upgraded Internet access even thought we never used it and when this was pointed out to the receptionist Emma she was unhelpful and bordering on the rude. I have never been charged for bottled water in the room in a 5 star hotel -this was not made clear in at of the information in the room. However the really unpleasant situation was being woken at 7 am this morning despite having our donor disturb sign on by 3 hotel staff who walked into our room whilst I was asleep in bed stating they needed to check there was not a fire in the room -despite there being clearly no fire with no alarm sounding.They were no apologetic.
The bar staff were friendly.
As this was our honeymoon and the hotel staff were aware of this we are disappointed with Langhams. It was 3 star at best.

Room Tip: If you are give room 1110 ask to be moved. It was outdated and small. The air conditioning was so lo...
1  Thank wales32

Dear “Wales32”,

I hope you both had a pleasant journey back to Wales post your stay with us and I thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

Firstly congratulations and I do hope overall you had a pleasant honeymoon holiday. Secondly, in regards to the shortfalls your experienced during your stay; simply put, extremely disappointing we failed to create a memorable stay during such an important occasion.

I would be extremely grateful if you could make direct contact with myself as I would like to ensure I do my upmost to regain your trust in The Langham, Hong Kong. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectations by offering a tailored product coupled with exclusive bespoke service; and it is clear we fell short in this regards during your stay.

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Dean Dimitriou