“Great Stay”

Ranked #11 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I go to HK a lot but don't often stay at hotels, walking into this hotel was impressive. Unbelievable service, smiles, offerings of help and greeted but the beautiful Langham scent, decadent lobby and stunning floral arrangements. I was excited to see my room! As there was not a no smoking room available in our room class (grand deluxe) we were upgraded and we had a lovely room....spacious, very comfortable beds, free access to wifi when you join their loyalty program, gorgeous bathroom and some great little touches like a converter routinely provided. There were some quirks/issues such as no power plug in the bathroom so needing to straighten my hair in the room, paint a little worn on drawers, pool a little small and again that area in need of a little TLC....but these minor issues are overlooked by all the positives! The hotel is in a really convenient location and their breakfast buffet is very good. If I do stay in a hotel I usually stay at the YMCA Salibury which is very affordable and also great spot, but I would say The Langham is about twice the price but five times the luxury....well worth it and really but HK luxury hotels probably one of the most affordable. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear AAnt,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Sydney. and I thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your arrival experience, in regards to our lobby and our signature Ginger Flower lobby fragrance, had a lasting memory on your stay with us. I am also delighted to hear that our Langham Blissful Beds were too your liking, as they are specifically designed to result in a refreshing and indulgent sleep.

Hope to have the chance to host you again in nearly future.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Langham for a long weekend with our 8 month old baby and my mum. It was great from the moment we walked in. Easy and fast check in with a staff member walking us to our room and explaining the amenities. Our room was spacious and very clean. The hotel is located in the heart of the shopping area and walking distance to Hong Kong Harbour and shopping malls. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff were so helpful and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely be staying there again when I am in Hong Kong.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mitcham07
Dear Mitcham07,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Brisbane. I am truly delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel room, food and Club Lounge; we are situated in a great location which just 5 minutes walk to the historic Star Ferry, then a 10-minute harbour crossing to Hong Kong Island.

Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the very near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

It seems that there is a debate whether to stay on HK Island or Kowloon. If you are deliberating on where to stay, which we were, you will have absolutely no regrets staying at the Langham. The location is fabulous - a few minutes to the ferry and just seconds to all the shopping your heart desires. The hotel itself is what you would expect and more from such an establishment. Positively beautiful! The rooms are a great size, beautifully appointed and exceptionally clean. The service was amongst the best we received through all of our travels. This was the start to our overseas wedding and subsequent honeymoon and it could not have better! Thanks Langham!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vitsk
ManagementTeamHK, at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Vitsk,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Melbourne. Thank you very much for publishing your experiences, concerning your first visit at The Langham, Hong Kong on Tripadvisor.

We are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

I hope that we will be able to look after you again soon in the future.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Another great stay at the uber comfy Langham.We were greeted as we exited arrivals for our very smooth limo transfer and checkin at the club lounge.Some famiiar faces in the lounge including the excellent ever helpful and friendly Joseph.
Our suite was on the club floor as requested which is very convenient for us lazy people.The suite was well maintained and housekeeping is still excellent.We were on the corner so had a narrow view of the harbour but you do get a little more traffic noise on that location but we found it was ok.
Bed still very comfortable but the bathroom is starting to look a little tired and dated and i`m sure the suites will be upgraded in the future.
Breakfast in the lounge very good with lots of options both western and asian ,and snacks throughout the day are available and some good wines later in the day.
The only blot on our stay this time was when we had sunday brunch at the Bostonian ,the food choices were very good and the ambience was nice with lots of family`s and music in the background ,we booked the champagne brunch and it`s kinda strange that you can have soft drinks - coke , juice but not water which is extra and the freeflow champagne flows for about a glass and a half and then we had a problem asked staff for some more had a pleasant certainly sir and 15 mins later still nothing ,asked 2nd staffer same reply and another 10+ mins nothing ,i also noticed a young asian family near us having the same problem and when the restaurant manager walked by i politely complained ,he had the same complaint about 1 min later from the other table,he apologised and spoke to his staff who mins later were rushing around topping people up ,wasn`t a lot of use really by then as we had finished our food ,the manager comp`ed the champagne part of the check which is ok but its the experience that is spoiled.
I don`t think we will eat in the Bostonian again on our next visit to the Langham as you have great staff in the lounge and you expect the same standards in the restaurants.
Overall 1 blip in an otherwise excellent stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fortheride
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Mr. “Fortheride”,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

I do hope you both had a safe trip back to Petersfield.

Delighted to hear you experienced another pleasant stay with us and that your arrival experience created a memorable lasting impression. We understand the importance of a smooth transition from the airport to the hotel after a long journey to Hong Kong, and I am glad to hear Joseph and the teams warm welcome played an integral role in that experience.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite, with its convenient location and harbour view. On your next visit, we would be delighted to escort you to view alternative suites with alternative bathroom layouts and a possibly a suite options that are hidden away in the corner away from the hustle and bustle of shopping haven with is Tsim Sha Tsui.

Upsetting to hear the shortfall in the service levels your experience in The Bostonian during brunch. The service shortfall experienced is not indicative of the service typically experience at The Bostonian and would ask that you accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I am most grateful to you for bringing these matters to our attention as it is only through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to constantly monitor and improve our hotel operation more closely.

Overall, I am glad you had a memorable stay with us, however I would like to do my upmost to regain your confidence in The Bostonian and would be honoured if I had the pleasure of a quick email from you to not only have the opportunity to entice you back to The Bostonian during your next visit, but also to ensure we also have all your preferences and feedback updated in your personal profile so to tailor your future visits accordingly.

Thank you again for your post and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager – Rooms
dean.dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Chose this hotel from brochure before checking out Tripadvisor so little worried about our stay. Needn't have been. Lovely hotel in a great position. Couple of minutes walk from the harbour and the ferry over to the island. Good shopping around.
Hotel itself clean, well decorated and smelling fab. Upgraded and it was worth it. Club Lounge very nice. Room not hugh but perfectly formed. Bed most comfortable I think I've ever slept in.
All the food we had in the hotel very tasty.
Swimming pool clean and inviting.
Haven't got a bad thing to say!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MillarAM
Dear MillarAM,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Norwich. Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us! We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm a Langham 1865 member and have stayed at several Langham properties many times. The Melbourne Langham in Australia is still my fave. This one is good but still has a slightly old world dark wood feel and in my experience, Hong Kong hotel rooms always smell of stale cigarette smoke and this was no exception. The big bonus was space - plenty of room. The gym and pool area were great but the pool was closed due to rain - seriously, the weather is so bad in Hong Kong every time I go no matter the season. It was a s hot as hell in June so a swim would have been a relief. The service was fabulous with a great bathroom and the room was impeccably clean. I had a grand deluxe room with king bed and it was spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KiraBeauty
Dear Ms. “KiraBeauty”,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Sydney post your stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. Happy to hear that our service, ample room space, room cleanliness and gym/swimming pool facilities left a lasting impression on your stay with us. Unfortunate to hear your trip coincided with a heavy rain storm, which unfortunately requires us to suspend swimming pool operating hours for health and safety reasons. Typhoons most typically affect Hong Kong between mid-June and late September, therefore if your travelling dates on your next trip are flexible, best to try avoid these dates.

Disappointing to hear the décor of the room and the stale smell hindered what should have been a perfect stay with us. Our rooms do differ in décor based on the room type booked; therefore I would delighted to recommend a specific room type that may to be your liking on your next visit. The stale smell of your room is not typical of our guest rooms, and I would be extremely grateful if you could make direct contact with me so we are able to source information of the exact room number your resided in to ensure we establish the root cause of the odour.

I look forward to hearing from you and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future.

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager – Rooms
dean.dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at The Langham for 10 nights (this is our 3rd time staying there), once again the service was perfect and the staff were lovely.

We decided to use the limo transfer this time and it was fantastic, we will never use the coach transfer again - the limo service that The Langham provides is truly the only way to do the transfer part.

The check-in went smooth and fast and it was wonderful to be served by such polite and friendly staff members.

We stayed in the Grand Langham Room, the cleanliness was amazing and so was the attention to detail. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathroom was divine.

Every morning I went to Palm Court for a coffee and every time it was perfect, the staff there seemed to know my needs and made me feel very welcome - so much so, I started feel like it was my real home.

We ate at the Bostonian two time and both times the whole experience was superb and we ate at Main St. Deli once which was an awesome experience.

We also went for a swim in the roof pool, the atmosphere up there was very relaxing and the water temperature was perfect.

I really can not speak highly enough about The Langham.

Things you should try while at The Langham:

In Palm Court - Kopi Luwak (a type of coffee), Cucumber Lemonade, Afternoon Tea and the Pastries.

In The Bostonian - Seafood Castle, 1.5 lbs Boston Lobster and the mixed grill.

In Main St. Deli - Lobster Burger.

Tak Tak Tailor - Pop into Tak Tak Tailor while there, I love all the clothes made for me there.

Also The Langham is in an ideal location to get around Hong Kong, close to the Star Ferry and close to the MTR - not to mention close to a huge shopping mall called Habour City.

If you are going to be in Hong Kong then The Langham truly is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Always choose The Grand Langham Room type or above - The room types below The Grand Langham Room are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ArronDain
Dear ArronDain,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Australia. Thank you very much for publishing your experiences, concerning your third visit at The Langham, Hong Kong on Tripadvisor.

It has been our pleasure and honor to be your host again and we are delighted to read that you have been very pleased with the services and facilities provided.

Your comments regarding the dinning in both The Bostonian and Main St. Deli and our service-minded employees, is highly appreciated by all of us. Thank you for feedback.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back, for your (fourth) visit and wish you a wonderful day!

Take good care, best regards and once again thank you for staying with us.