“Elegant & sophisticated”

Ranked #9 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Limassol, Cyprus
“Elegant & sophisticated”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The first impression as you walk through into the lobby is first class. The decor is elegant and classical with attentive door men and staff from the second you step out of the limousine.
Check in was swift and we were shown personally to our room by the lady who checked us in. The luggage followed on within seconds.
The room was a disappointment with badly stained furniture, all rather dated and such a let down considering our first impressions of the hotel.
My husband did return to reception & complained whereby we were duly showed a couple of other rooms, one of which we were relocated too.
Apart from this incident, I have to say our stay at The Langham was a good one, the breakfast choice is vast, so much choice it's hard to decide!
My husband had organised a conference here which is why we were staying. In all, we had over 40 people staying here due to this and the staff were amazing throughout.
Location wise, five minutes from the ferry and central to shopping, and there is lots of that!
A great hotel with amazing staff, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamHK, The Management Team at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Morag H,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to United Kingdom. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback in relation to your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to our service and location.

It would mean a lot to us if you would be so kind as to make contact with me by way of email so we can detail the feedback that you provided and we will ensure we will have your favorite room ready on your next visit!

I do hope that we will have the opportunity again in the future to extend to you the true Langham service that we are renowned for. Please feel free to make direct contact with me for any assistance for future bookings with us.

Vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Langham hotel was the perfect location for my recent short trip to Hong Kong. It is actually located in Kowloon, but has easy access to the major shopping, ferry and train. The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. We did use the club level and the food and drinks where very good.
We ate at two of the hotel restaurants, the Main street deli, which was OK, and will be rated at 3 later, and the T'ang Court, their Chinese restaurant, which was superb and offered one of the best meals I've had in years - definitely get the Peking Duck - fantastic.It is a luxury hotel, but you certaily feel pampered and well taken care of at the Langham.

Dear rjbrace,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Australia. We are pleased to know that you had a great time while in T’ang Court! Thank you for your appreciation on our services and our personnel as well.

Please do not hesitate to return to our hotel at your convenience. We will be more than delighted to serve you during your stay with us.

Vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com
Metro, Manila
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel from October 26 to the 30th. The location is very accessible to restaurants, shops and the subway. The ambiance is great. The whole hotel is so clean. They have one of the best housekeeping staff. It just made my vacation great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamHK, The Management Team at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Christinetan67,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Manila. Thank you for choosing The Langham, Hong Kong.

We are glad to know that you particularly enjoyed the restaurants at our hotel. And thanks for your feedback on housekeeping - this will help us continue to raise their motivation.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong in the future.

Ohio
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I chose Langham due to the reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is excellent
in all services. We were able to take advantage of the rate linger longer.
We stayed 8 days. The location is excellent because it is close to the subway
and ferries. As far as malls, unbeatable. Blocks of them. You want for nothing. Plus they have 5 restaurants to choose from. We tried four of
them. Excellent!!! We would stay here again in a heart beat!

2 Thank nuddybud
Dear nuddybud,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Ohio. We are pleased to know that you had a great time while in our restaurants! Thank you for your appreciation on our services and our personnel as well. You are right; we are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with bars, restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

Phnom Penh
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The first thing which spontaneously comes into my mind when I think back of my recent stay this month of October at Langham is the song « I feel good ».

This was my first experience with Langham group hotels and I must tell you that I was not disappointed at all. My family and I are used to travelling a lot, notably in South-East-Asia, and to staying in numerous different hotels and hotel chains and I must tell that, while when I booked at Langham I had no further expectations than a “good stay” (based on the reviews of this hotel on this website and on my first experience when booking by e-mails), the whole hotel team offered us, from beginning to end, a package which went far beyond my/our expectations.

To be more concrete, I would say that The Langham is not a “WOW place” (it means that kind of place which a first glance transports you in a inaccessible area of dream, like fantastic bay view, diamond chandelier in a golden lobby, rotating bed with self-electric warming or cooling system,…) but definitely a place where refine discrete luxury and commitment to personalized best service are the golden rules and makes out the “signature atmosphere”.

Travelling with small children (two), my wife and I opted for the Executive suite, with the Club “privileges”. All the special requests I had mentioned had been taken into account upon arrival (babysitter services with experienced person liking and being used with small children, non-smoking room with no trace of smoke, additional child and baby beds). The suite was very clean. Upon arrival, our children were welcomed with balloons and we were immediately brought to the suite where the quick and personalized check-in took place. And, all through our stay, we were offered this same kind of personalized, attentive assistance while this never reached the limit of looking like too much or calculated.

The food we had, be it the breakfasts at The Langham Club or restaurant l’Eclipse, the daily evening cocktails and canapés at the Club, or the wonderful diner at T’ang Court (I cannot recommend enough to experience if you want to know what is real Chinese/Cantonese gastronomy) were in line with this exceptional refined and well thought after epicurean enchantment Langham can offer.

Both adults and children checked-out while “feeling so good” with their stay and looking forward to staying again at Langham during a next trip.

Thanks a lot, once again, for everything and keep on like this: Langham internal beauty will always, for us, defeat other hotels external sublimity!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Arnaud_voyageur
Dear Arnaud_voyageur,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.
We hope you had a delightful trip back to Phnom Penh. For you to say that we treated you the best you have felt in a long time means a lot to our entire team and I like to thank you for the very kind words!

I’m very fortunate to work with a group of amazing people who have fun in what they do and who truly care about the well being of each individual guest. We are dedicated to make every single guest experience special and I’m glad that you experienced the high level of service and the attention to detail The Langham, Hong Kong is known for.

I was delighted to see that you were pleased with the Executive Suite and our service & facilities during your time spent at the Club Lounge here. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again very soon during your next visit to Hong Kong.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the first time I've ever gone to the effort to create a registration for this type of this so that'll give you an idea of how strongly my view is. For my son's 16th birthday I booked to take him and my father to Hong Kong for hopefully a trip of lifetime - we certainly weren't dissapointed to say the least. Having travelled to Hong Kong before on business whilst also having taken my wife there for her 40th it would be fair to say I have a good idea what to look out for in terms of location and hotel type and this is without question the very very best. Everything and I mean everything about the hotel is perfect, room standards, food, service, location you name it but one thing above all else stands out - THE STAFF they truly are the very best and nothing is too much trouble for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Clive B
ManagementTeamHK, The Management Team at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Clive B,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to United Kingdom. Thank for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay with.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us, It is great to hear that you received the level of service that we strive to achieve as a five star establishment. We do pride ourselves on exceeding our guest’s expectations through exceptional customer service and we are sincerely pleased that we achieved this goal during your stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Langham Hotel was our stopover point for a two night stay in Hong Kong. It more than met our expectations for comfort, service and location and is highly recommended to other travellers. Without prompting the hotel offered for free use of their facilities following checkout which was a big help before our flight. Their service was outstanding.

Dear Geoff D,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Australia. Thank you very much for posting your most recent travel and vacation experiences on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you spent wonderful and relaxing days in Hong Kong.

With pleasure we read that our employees exceeded your expectations regarding service and go the extra mile for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us! We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong soon.