“Langham Hotel, 8 Peking Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Langham, Hong Kong

The Langham, Hong Kong
Ranked #12 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Ohio
“Langham Hotel, 8 Peking Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I chose Langham due to the reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is excellent
in all services. We were able to take advantage of the rate linger longer.
We stayed 8 days. The location is excellent because it is close to the subway
and ferries. As far as malls, unbeatable. Blocks of them. You want for nothing. Plus they have 5 restaurants to choose from. We tried four of
them. Excellent!!! We would stay here again in a heart beat!

1 Thank nuddybud
ManagementTeamHK, The Management Team at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear nuddybud,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Ohio. We are pleased to know that you had a great time while in our restaurants! Thank you for your appreciation on our services and our personnel as well. You are right; we are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with bars, restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

Please do not hesitate to return to our hotel at your convenience. We will be more than delighted to serve you during your stay with us.

vanessa.chan@langhamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Phnom Penh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The first thing which spontaneously comes into my mind when I think back of my recent stay this month of October at Langham is the song « I feel good ».

This was my first experience with Langham group hotels and I must tell you that I was not disappointed at all. My family and I are used to travelling a lot, notably in South-East-Asia, and to staying in numerous different hotels and hotel chains and I must tell that, while when I booked at Langham I had no further expectations than a “good stay” (based on the reviews of this hotel on this website and on my first experience when booking by e-mails), the whole hotel team offered us, from beginning to end, a package which went far beyond my/our expectations.

To be more concrete, I would say that The Langham is not a “WOW place” (it means that kind of place which a first glance transports you in a inaccessible area of dream, like fantastic bay view, diamond chandelier in a golden lobby, rotating bed with self-electric warming or cooling system,…) but definitely a place where refine discrete luxury and commitment to personalized best service are the golden rules and makes out the “signature atmosphere”.

Travelling with small children (two), my wife and I opted for the Executive suite, with the Club “privileges”. All the special requests I had mentioned had been taken into account upon arrival (babysitter services with experienced person liking and being used with small children, non-smoking room with no trace of smoke, additional child and baby beds). The suite was very clean. Upon arrival, our children were welcomed with balloons and we were immediately brought to the suite where the quick and personalized check-in took place. And, all through our stay, we were offered this same kind of personalized, attentive assistance while this never reached the limit of looking like too much or calculated.

The food we had, be it the breakfasts at The Langham Club or restaurant l’Eclipse, the daily evening cocktails and canapés at the Club, or the wonderful diner at T’ang Court (I cannot recommend enough to experience if you want to know what is real Chinese/Cantonese gastronomy) were in line with this exceptional refined and well thought after epicurean enchantment Langham can offer.

Both adults and children checked-out while “feeling so good” with their stay and looking forward to staying again at Langham during a next trip.

Thanks a lot, once again, for everything and keep on like this: Langham internal beauty will always, for us, defeat other hotels external sublimity!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Arnaud_voyageur
Dear Arnaud_voyageur,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.
We hope you had a delightful trip back to Phnom Penh. For you to say that we treated you the best you have felt in a long time means a lot to our entire team and I like to thank you for the very kind words!

I’m very fortunate to work with a group of amazing people who have fun in what they do and who truly care about the well being of each individual guest. We are dedicated to make every single guest experience special and I’m glad that you experienced the high level of service and the attention to detail The Langham, Hong Kong is known for.

I was delighted to see that you were pleased with the Executive Suite and our service & facilities during your time spent at the Club Lounge here. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again very soon during your next visit to Hong Kong.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the first time I've ever gone to the effort to create a registration for this type of this so that'll give you an idea of how strongly my view is. For my son's 16th birthday I booked to take him and my father to Hong Kong for hopefully a trip of lifetime - we certainly weren't dissapointed to say the least. Having travelled to Hong Kong before on business whilst also having taken my wife there for her 40th it would be fair to say I have a good idea what to look out for in terms of location and hotel type and this is without question the very very best. Everything and I mean everything about the hotel is perfect, room standards, food, service, location you name it but one thing above all else stands out - THE STAFF they truly are the very best and nothing is too much trouble for them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Clive B
ManagementTeamHK, The Management Team at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Clive B,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to United Kingdom. Thank for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay with.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us, It is great to hear that you received the level of service that we strive to achieve as a five star establishment. We do pride ourselves on exceeding our guest’s expectations through exceptional customer service and we are sincerely pleased that we achieved this goal during your stay with us.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Langham Hotel was our stopover point for a two night stay in Hong Kong. It more than met our expectations for comfort, service and location and is highly recommended to other travellers. Without prompting the hotel offered for free use of their facilities following checkout which was a big help before our flight. Their service was outstanding.

Dear Geoff D,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Australia. Thank you very much for posting your most recent travel and vacation experiences on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you spent wonderful and relaxing days in Hong Kong.

With pleasure we read that our employees exceeded your expectations regarding service and go the extra mile for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us! We all are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong soon.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Langham this month and it was a fantastic hotel. The service was great and the rooms were nice.

The breakfast buffet had variety and was somewhat reasonable priced.

I had a "recently renovated" room that was a little scuffed up but still pretty comfortable. The only issue with my room was that I asked for the non-smoking floor but the floor below me must have been smoking. Every morning there was a strong cigarette smoke smell that seeped in to my room.

The location is perfect. The Metro is literally across the street and with it's proximity to Nathan Road, there is a lot to do within minutes of the hotel. I also liked how the Macau Ferry Terminal was a 5 minute walk as well.

All-in-all, I recommend The Langham and will certainly stay there again when I go back to HK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further away from the smoking floors if you're not a smoker.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Vegaskev72,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Canada. .It was a pleasure having you stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham ,Hong Kong.

People like you do make our job a lot easier and we are always happy to hear that our guests appreciate the commitment we make to customer service and the comfort of our guests.

We are situated in a ‘brilliant’ location and with bars, restaurants and shopping all so close by our guests can really take advantage of our location.

It would mean a lot to us if you would be so kind as to make contact with by way of email so we can detail the feedback you provided on your personal profile.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Hong Kong in the future.

Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The location is superb, easy access to the Star Ferry, the Metro and some great shopping malls. We stayed at The Langham Place last year and had such a fabulous experience there, we wanted to try The Langham. Sadly The Langham Hotel is in need of some upgrading. Our room was very dated and the material covering the cupboards and drawers was peeling off. We were offered a suite but that was even older in style. We stayed nine nights, and moved to another hotel after that.

What makes The Langham a great hotel, however, is the staff. They are excellent in every way. Charming, efficient and organized. Nothing is too much. Breakfast is a great experience and a pleasure to watch the staff glide around the room making sure everything is as it should be. They have ear pieces so nothing is missed when an order is placed. The buffet has something for everyone.

The Chinese restaurant, which has one Michelin Star, is extremely good and we ate there three times, including the best Peking Duck I have had in years. The staff here were amazingly good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank casden8
ManagementTeamHK, The Management Team at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear casden8,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

We hope you had a delightful trip back to Spain. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback in relation to your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enchanting stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to our employees exceeded your expectations.

It would mean a lot to us if you would be so kind as to make contact with me by way of email so we can detail the feedback that you provided. I do hope that we will have the opportunity again in the future to extend to you the true Langham service that we are renowned for.

Please feel free to make direct contact with me for any assistance for future bookings with us.

Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

this must have been one of the best hotels I've visited. I've visited here once before, but only in the ballroom. Now I had the chance to stay over. I had the most smoothiest check ins ever! The room was great. there was a welcome note with my name, made of chockolate!

Peacefull roof top lounge, with amazing selection of different snacks. (and not forgetting the drinks)

Great concierge service. Minor problems at the front desk due to mixed information.

Room Tip: 404 was in the corner and therefore peacefull. Great room over all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear toyo1,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.
We hope you had a delightful trip back to Finland. . Thank you for choosing The Langham, Hong Kong. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to the Grand Langham Room and our Club Lounge, as well as the service provided by our concierge team.

My team and I are excited that we are now your first choice of hotel in Hong Kong and are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.