“Congested Room”

Ranked #133 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dubai
“Congested Room”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel is located at a very good shopping location. Check-In was very smooth and professional. Room was very congested (common in Hong Kong). Bed was comfortable. Toilet was small and adequate.
Only problem is the room does not have any provision to keep your suitcase and is too small to move around.
Buffer breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Siva_17
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel and sharing your experience with us.
Our hotel is perfectly located in the hub of the city and guests found it very convenient.
Your comments are valuable for us to improve our service standard.
Our staff are encouraged to know that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
The Kowloon Hotel would continue to deliver the best hospitality to our guests and we hope to see you soon on your next visit.

The Kowloon Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The rooms are very small. only one person can be in the "hallway" at a time. The bathroom door is glass and a bit see through. Not ideal!

But the location is amazing. Right above Tsim Sha Tsui Station - just catch the airport express and change at central. Very easy. so close to the harbor.

The concierge was very helpful. they tried to print our boarding passes rather than make us pay the extra charge to use the business center! Too bad the website wasn't working.

Would probably try somewhere different next time I'm in Hong Kong just because of the room size, but if you are just stopping over or having a quick visit and hardly spending any time in your room stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel and taking the time to share your experience with us.
The Kowloon Hotel is ideally located at the heart of the city therefore guests find it very convenient.
On the other hand, our concierge staff are encouraged to hear your feedback and will continue to maintain high standard of service.
We are pleased to serve you and we wish you a delightful stay here.
It is our honor if we could be of service to you on your next visit. Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location near transport, shopping etc. Have stayed here several times and never disappointed. Always use the Executive floor as it has great service and value for money. Staff very friendly and eager to please. My only negative would be the lack of views. But you can't have everything!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela G
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your experience here.
Our Harbour Club Floor provides exclusive privileges to guests such as complimentary check-in, light refreshment and free internet service; therefore guests found it a great value to stay there.
Your comment always motivates us to do better.

The Kowloon Hotel will continue to provide the best hospitality to our guests and we look forward to serving you as our regular guest!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

So, I am a 6'1" male and I can touch the ceiling of the corridors/hallways with my elbows...just to give you all an idea of how cramped this hotel is. The lobby is decent, only 3 tiny couches for guests to sit in and being that you are in Tsim Sha Tsui district by the Peninsula, you would hope that there would be more...

Service is superb! Very helpful staff, right above TST MTR station which is great, room service is also very quick and friendly.

Now to the actual room....OMG...tiny is not the word for it, I think we had a total of 30 square feet, we couldn't even open both of our luggage at the same time because there wasn't enough space, I couldn't even get by my wife in the tiny hallway from door to bed because it was so tight. There is a serious toilet water issue, it comes out brown and the entire bathroom smells like sewage the second you turn down the freezing cold A/C. So it's either my wife freezes to death and we catch colds because of the A/C or we live in a sewage smelling room. This did however motivate us to spend all of our time outside of our room and hotel...which is why we found the services and lounge areas of the hotels so disappointing. For the $250/night we spent, we expected a wee bit more breathing room and a bathroom that didn't smell every single day....can you imagine waking up to dirty brown water in your toilet every morning and that sewage smell...at any rate, we both used the bathrooms on the 2nd floor which were public and much cleaner.

Now the bed, I think it's a single because as much as I do love my wife, I do like a little space between my shoulders and hers. The bed was so tiny, we both barely fit on it together and we are two skinny people. To also describe the room size better, they had a 12" TV on the wall and we could see it perfectly while lying on the bed...yes, it's that cramped....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel and sharing your experience with us.
Your comment is valuable to us and it always motivates us to do better.
For your comment regarding to the sewage, please accept our apology; we have already reviewed it with the department concerned for further investigation.
We sincerely hope that you will not judge us by this single experience and looking forward to having another opportunity to restore your faith with us.

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am staying in this hotel since 1986. Recently I read reviews of this hotel and found that it has recently re-furnished. I booked a partial-harbor view room. When I reached hotel, check-in was smooth. I was given room on 7th floor and being harbor view, it was the last one room. But the moment I entered the room, a bad smell welcomed me. I asked the housekeeping who came and sprayed the room but of no help. I asked the reception to change room. They allotted me room on 12th floor. I requested them to transfer my bags with as I had to go for a meeting. BUT reception asked me to wait in newly allotted room till luggage is transferred. I stayed and waited in my room for over 1 hours and after repeated calls at reception my bags were transferred to my room. But I was already late for my meeting so I had to cancel that. But no regret or sorry from the hotel side.
Next day as my flight was at 8 pm, while making booking I requested for late checkout say 4 pm and hotel promised me that they will do do their best to accommodate it. BUT when I requested at reception, they told me that maximum they can do is to allow checkout at 2 pm. I requested again and showed the emails etc. then they said that best they can do is 3 pm and if I want 4 pm, I will have to pay half day charges. It was strange for me as being so old customer, I was expecting better treatment from hotel. They asked me that after 3 pm, I can wait in lobby. But in lobby they hardly have one seating arrangement of 4 or 5 persons which is always full. So i spend around 2 hours in lobby standing.
The only advantage of this hotel is the location, right now the Nathan road, next to harbor. Rooms are small and I didnt find much difference even after refurnishing. Very small flat tv on the wall. No place to keep luggage but on floor. If you open bags then you can not move around in the room.
after this time experience, I will definitely try some other hotel next time.

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for Harbor view room as its not worth as its partial only and very small view of harb...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Atycoon
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Our hotel is ideally located at the city centre and guests found it very convenient.
We first have to apologize for the room assignment and luggage arrangement; we have already reviewed your comment and passed it to the departments concerned for further improvement.
For your comment regarding to late check out, we understand on your need; and the hotel has already tried the best to arrange a later check out time. However, since September is a peak season, it might fail to best accommodate your need. We are sorry to cause you so much inconvenience.
We sincerely value you as our loyal customer and hope that you will not judge us by this single experience. We look forward to having another opportunity to restore your faith with us.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights! A nice hotel in terms of location. Rooms are very small, too difficult for a person to walk. It has connectivity to the metro station through its basement. The breakfast buffet was okay, not too good. Harbor and the con ton road is just 5 min by walk.

P.S. Some of the staff members were rude.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying at The Kowloon Hotel and taking the time to share your experience here.
Your comment always motivates us to provide the best hospitality to our guests. In fact, our hotel is ideally located in the hub of Tsimshatsui and you can access to all parts of Hong Kong easily.
It is our honor to serve you.
Thank you once again for staying here and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room is small. With 3 person sharing, luggage still can place with some arrangement. Room is clean. Pillow too soft but after requested for extra pillow, it make to do. Room service also fast n good. Eg, we requested for iron n iron board n extra pillow. They bring to us less than 15 mins. Location is near mtr.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Hazelfoh
Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel.
The hotel is situated atop the MTR station to provide convenience to guests; you may travel to all part of Hong Kong by this medium.
It is our pleasure to serve you and we sincerely wish you a delightful stay here.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon on your next visit!