“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #113 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
calgary
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were there in Oct and the room we got was wonderful, it's clean, modern and had a nice view of the ocean. Staff there were all very helpful and courteous, The location is not central but no matter as the hotel offers free shuttle service to Central underground station. Taxi rate is reasonable as well if you ever need one. Love to stay there again if we are in Hong Kong again.

Room Tip: Book a room on higher level to get a view of the ocean, but make sure to mention it, not all rooms h...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bonnie k
LeMeridienCyberport, General Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Bonnie k,

Thank you for your inspiring comments!
I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and you enjoyed the enviornment of our hotel. We are lucky to have a truly relaxing surrounding with spectacular ocean views. Your compliment is the best motivation for us to do even better in the future.

Please stay connected with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Stephane Masse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Location: Cyberport, no tourist attractions around, 15-20 mins by cab to Central; there is a mall across
Hotel: Business hotel, conference rooms, pool etc
Room: Big, good views of bay, king bed
Positives: big room, great breakfast, fast wi-fi, nice bar
Negatives: location if you are a tourist, bathroom
Ranking at time of writing: #76 of 545

We had a company conference and hence were put up at Le Meridien Cyberport. This is not a place to stay if you are visiting HK as a tourist, unless of course you are staying some place equally far in the new territories and want to stay at a better brand. The ride into central takes 15-20 mins by cab.

The hotel is 1 building property, easy check-in, there's a restaurant next to the counter in the lobby. Rooms are 5th floor onwards if not mistaken, they have a conf room on the 3rd level, a gym, coffee shop & a bar on level 4. The breakfast (served from 6:30 thankfully) spread was good, the usual works but catering to all tastes and types. The lunch too was good, though a bit too skewed on the meats.

My room was great, big with a king bed. The windows were french with good views of the sea - though do note that if your blinds are up, people from the neighbouring room can peep in. Just like any other business hotel, wifi was provided, the usual tea/coffee maker were in place. They had a mini-bar in the room. The bathroom had a tub and a shower area. However, the WC didn't have a door, so if you are down with a partner or family its a little inconvenient as others can't use the bathroom area. Apart from that no complaints regarding the room etc.

The service was great and very attentive, they helped with finding taxis at 6:30 in the morning. People were polite and helpful, reflective of the Starwood group service standards.

Would I stay there again? Not unless my company wanted me to. Would I recommend the hotel for somebody who has business in that area? Absolutely.

Room Tip: I had room #10 which was a corner room with a sea view. Would recommend that.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveleator
Dear Traveleator,

Thank you very much for your inspiring comments!

It is always great to read that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay with us and I am pleased to learn that our associates were able to deliver the services as promised and even exceed your expectations. I shall share your encourangement with them and we will continuously strive to provide the best service!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend on the advise of a friend and will make this my hotel of choice in the future.
From the personal greetings a check in to the most amazing view in Hong Kong. You can almost look out the window and touch the ships as the pass.
The breakfast buffet made me forget diet and eat eat eat.
Service is nothing short of brilliant and I feel like it's my second home already.
To all the management and staff well done I will tell the world about this marvellous gem of a hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mintyJakarta
LeMeridienCyberport, General Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear bmintyJakarta,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We are delighted to read your comments on our services and facilities. We will continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations.

We look forward to having you back!

With warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Le Meridien offers plenty of space out of the city, which is anyway reachable thanks to the shuttle. Nice room with a big shower and a comfortable bed. Funny smell in the rooms, due to AC - that's a pity.
Gym is ok, pool was not accessible during my stay due to typhoon.
Breakfast quite complete (a bit pricey though), that can fit any palate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienCyberport, General Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear JP_Milan,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to learn that you like our room, facilities and food very much during your entire stay. We will look into the areas of concern and make sure that we deliver uncompromising service at all times going forward.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I really like this hotel. I've used it numerous times for business and always find the staff friendly and welcoming. Make sure you get an ocean view room, it's a joy to look across the large expanse of water and it really doesn't feel like you're in urban HK at all.

Breakfast is great and plentiful and after the first morning the waiters remember your coffee order and look after you brilliantly. The food in Umami is also very good and nice to have onsite when you don't want to head into Central.

The hourly shuttle service to Airport Express is convenient and there are always lots of taxis if you don't want to wait. I'm already looking forward to my return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear radars4,

It is a great pleasure to be hearing from you again!

Thank you very much for the fantastic comment and we are delighted to learn that you had another wonderful stay at our hotel.

We greatly appreciate your continued support! Our associates will continuously strive to provide the best service!

We look forward to having you back soon in the near future

Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Le Meridien Cyberport is located at about 20 minutes away from Times Square by taxi with the traffic is good and it takes about 35 minutes during peak hour. It is very troublesome to go by MTR or bus, but your best bet would be the shuttle bus service that the hotel offer every 1 hour. The shuttle bus is located on the basement of the IFC. It was quite difficult to find for me but I guess you should ask for the location where all the shuttle bus to the airport is.

The hotel is secluded so I guess they aim to cater to people who wants to relax and have a getaway. However, I think HongKong is a shopping and eating paradise. It is very metropolitan and when you're in Hongkong, you do not want to just relax. I would say it is very much the New York of Asia. Would you find any resort in New York? No. Do you go to New York to relax? No. That is my point and the hotel does not have any resort or comfortable feel anyway.

The room is spacious with a minimalistic design. However, I hate the fact that the room has a certain smell. Maybe it's old so it has a smell to it..

Next is the service, I forgot something in my room so I went back by taxi and figured that I would take the shuttle bus to the city. I'm afraid that the bus might leave early so I told the front desk that I am going up to my room to get something and to help me ask the shuttle bus to wait in case if they leave earlier by 5 minutes. The person told me, "Sorry, I can't do that". Seriously? The shuttle bus has a 5-10 minutes delay or early arrival. Is it not impossible or disastrous to hold the shuttle bus for 5 minutes. Anyway, I gave up after asking twice and went up to my room. I saw the manager there and he told me that my room's door is broken so they are fixing it. He was nice, he saw me rushing and he told me that he will ask someone downstairs to hold the shuttle bus for me so I can take my time.

Overall, I did not enjoy my stay as it is too far from the city. It is a waste of time to travel to the entertainment district and also pricey by taxi. I also did not like the room that has a smell of an old hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joan W,

Thank you for your contribution and feedback on your recent stay with us. We noticed that we have failed in meeting your and even our expectations in the majority of points. I would like to express our most sincere regrets and we apologize for the mishaps during your stay.

As for the location, we play host to many travelers looking for a more relaxed and secluded stay in Hong Kong. Your impressions are of particularly great value to us as we constantly strife to improve our services and the hospitality experience of our guests. We will look into the area of concern and make sure that our associates are further trained to take care of the service provided.

We thank you once again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future for a relaxing stay at our property here in Hong Kong

Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed there for at least 2 weeks , I love the hotel and the view. I can say it was spectacular. We got a big suite and it was modern and clean and just perfect .
Love the place , the lobby , lounge and the breakfast place was great .The food was excellent, jut good things to say.
I miss HK

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LeMeridienCyberport, General Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Ms. Mariela,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate for your wonderful compliements for our hotels. It was delighted to hear you love our room, breakfast, lobby etc. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again at the Le Meridieb Cyberport very soon.

My best personal regards,