“Very nice, cheaper then downtown Hong Kong but close”

Le Meridien Cyberport
Ranked #117 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Very nice, cheaper then downtown Hong Kong but close”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed a week in Le Meridien Cyberport. It is a well run and clean hotel. While you are not in central Hong Kong you are close. The hotel runs a free hourly shuttle to Central so its easy to get to the center and back (trip is about ~20 min). Our room had a nice view of the water and we could see ships moving to and from the main harbor. We tried two of the hotel restaurants and they were both very good. The buffet lunch in the hotel is very popular with the locals and I rate it as very good with large and diverse selection. The other restaurant, Umami, I have ranked in TripAdivsor too and it was also very good. The gym was good and I used it several times. Did the lounge a few times for a late evening drink and it nice with drinks not too expensive with good service and good music playing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Macau, Ilhas, Macau
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm having vocation with my girlfriend on 20/aug and stay at here for 1 night..I'm a SPG member and use my starpoints to redeem one night stay. the check in process was ok but quite slow.
in the room we call the operator and ask for a adapter and cotton bud. The first time the runner deliver a blanket for us. then we call again and explain the items in English clearly and the operator give us positive response. but after 10 mins later, the runner just deliver the cotton to us. then I need to tell the runner by myself and explain what we need. if the cotton bud probable misunderstood, But how about the adapter ? we just need adapter and cotton bud,but its waste us 30 mins. we try to explain to the manger on duty who called LEO LIAN. This manger ( I don't believe he is a manger) did not do any service recovery and also explain to me they already a kind of upgrade for us which assign our room at SPG floor. and the said only SPG gold and Platinum can stay at SPG floor which let me feel more angry. Does this terrible thing happen concerned with my room upon check in?. Even until check out they did NOT do any service recovery for me which let me feel worse. It can NOT to be consider as five star hotel due to this things happened and their poor actions to follow up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JKWang
LeMeridienCyberport, General Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear JKWang,

Please allow us to apologize for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. This is definitely not our usual service standard and I am deeply sorry for this. We have investigated the case and your comments have been passed to my Front Office team for action and improvement. It is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we may have the opportunity to improve in areas where we fall short.

I understand your frustrations but I do believe we can offer the standard of service you require. If you do choose to give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality of our service standards.

San Jose, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Although the hotel is located in the Hong Kong island, its situated in an area called Cyberport mainly known for a officies working place. Its a bit off from the main tourists areas but once getting there you can find somewhat an oasis because its relatively quiet and not crowded.

Getting there may be troublesome since there is no MTR station bearby. There's not so frequent shuttlebus or take the public bus transport from Central 30x.

We got a room facing sea/mountain view, and the room is clean, modern and quite big. There's a grocery store nearby however for good restaurants you have to go out from this area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael N,

Many thanks for sharing with us your experience and it is a great encouragement to learn that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel esp. the great sea views.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing getaway!

Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am here again. The feel is the same, so good with breath breaking view and service. The view is so wide and far away that you cannot find it in the downtown core.

Last time when I stayed I suggested the hotel to change the keyboard for the computers in the Podium because lots of keys not working. Bravo! They are all changed. Not only the keyboards but the whole computer systems with 24" wide monitor and latest Windows Operating System.

However when I tried to access my corporate account, I found that there is no Citrix Client installed in the computer. It is almost standard for corporate secured access to go through Citrix. I have been to so many Sheraton group hotels in different countries and everyone has it installed. May I suggest it to be installed like all other Sheraton group hotels so that corporate client can access their company portal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear EarthDiscover,
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to learn that you continued to enjoy the great products and consistent services on offer at the hotel year after year. It is only through valuable feedback such as yours that we may have the opportunity to improve in areas like the replacement of the keyboard and computer in public areas.
I take note and follow up for the corporate secured access through Citrix with our IT manager and all efforts will be made for further improvements.
Please stay connected with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Macau, China
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was staying on 6 Aug with the Disneyland package and was assign two rooms connecting at 12/F in which i can see the view of South China sea, that's spectacular, my wife and I love it very much. The hotel breakfast is also awesome, the staff is very nice. The swimming pool is delicate but the water temperature is not cool enough. The design of hotel lobby (front desk+concierge) makes us feel comfortable and relax. The front agent is nice, espacially a girl called Nicole, who was doing the C/O for us and provided excellent service. She also helped me running to the entrance to call Taxi when we are leaving and say good bye to us, which we feel very warm and impressive. But the concierge seems not professional enough. When I approahed the concierge, he didn't greet me and seemed that he was busy with his work. When I asked about the opening hours of Disneyland and he gave me a wrong info.

Overall my stay is excellent and definitely will come back soon!

Room Tip: It's not located in city centre but it has hotel shuttle bus running every hour and also take ta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles L
Dear Charles L,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I am pleased to learn that you thought the hotel was nice and you enjoyed the great location and the food.

I am however concerned to learn that the service by concierge team did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the Front Office team accordingly to enable them to review and improve where required.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel next time you are in Hong Kong.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had a Brilliant stay at Le Meridien Cyberport,thanks to the wonderful staff especially the Concierge desk & front office staff,they always helped us with any query with a smile.
Everybody from the front desk,bell boys,Housekeeping to the Manager had a warm greetings.
We were booked thru Starhot & the Manager was kind enought to upgrade us to the top floor with a breath taking sea view.We stayed here for 7 days & had a wonderful vacation with my family.
Both the rooms was very clean & very spacious as well & housekeeping was always spotless with cleaning.The biggest advantage of this Hotel is the location,the bus stop is Just 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel which connects to all the major tourist attractions & Hongkong Metro stations as well.Well appointed restaurants & Bars. Had no problem with WIFI connection & can be connected to 4 devices at one charge & the speed was excellent too.
Highly recomended hotel for tourists & business.We will definetely back again to Le Meridien Cyberport next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marcini2013,

Thank you for your compliment of your brillant stay with us. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the spacious room on offer and the great views. Good to know you liked the convenient location of the hotel and the array of efficient public transportation close by, reaching the city in less than 30 minutes. I am glad to learn of your satisfaction with our efficient and friendly staff at the hotel. It is encouaging to our team to hear such positive comments like yours.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Hong Kong.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very "hip" place,very modern and very "cool". In spite of this, it is place that should satisfy everyone from business to family trip.
It offers all - with an exception of being in the center of Hong Kong.

They offer (and it is in the price you pay for your accommodation) very, very decent breakfast,
far from that kind of standard EP plan (coffee and toast), but a "real meal". It is everything you can imagine to have for breakfast. Even freshly prepared, hot meal.

If you can or want, then go for "ocean view" room. It is worth to pay more. Those ships and boats and sea traffic you can watch in comfort of your room is very worth it.

You can always get downtown - or central part of town - with hotel bus or cab - or as we did it- taking a double decker bus with all that view you can enjoy sitting on the top. Cheap and simple. Buy an "Octopus" card and there you go...

Stayed twice in this place (husband and wife) and we were very happy. 2007 and 2012
Each time better and better.

Money well spent. Had problems and any "issues" at all.

Room Tip: As in the review - try to get an "Ocean view"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MilanTravels
Hi Milan Travels,

It is a great pleasure to hearing from you again!

Thank you for your compliments and glad to hear that you liked our “Ocean view” room. We are truly blessed to have panoramic views, overlooking the South China Sea embedded in a truly relaxing environment. Please stay connected with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!