“Worth the trip outside Kowloon”

Le Meridien Cyberport
Ranked #107 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I typically stay in the Tsim Sha Tsui Sheraton when I am in Hong Kong. I spent two nights in this hotel and was very pleased. The staff is great. Odolf was very helpful with local information and went out of his way to ensure that I had everything that I needed. The mall across the street has good food. It is easy to get to Central/Airport. If you are looking to escape the craziness of Tsim Sha Tsui, this place is great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear AustinP13

Thank you for choosing to stay with us as a relaxing getaway in Hong Kong! It is my pleasure to hear that our associate, esp. Odolf, has delivered excellent service as promised. I will share your kind notes with the entire team and it will be our plesaure to welcome and impress you again in future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's hard to find a quiet hotel in the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong without being isolated in a remote location, but Le Meridien Cyberport fits the bill. You are only 15-20 minutes' drive from Central, but the hotel feels secluded and quiet. The shuttle service to and from Central is inexpensive and easy to use. Prices are also quite reasonable for a hotel of this quality by Hong Kong's exorbitant standards.

Service was excellent. Due to flight delays, we arrived at the hotel at 3am. We were welcomed with the utmost hospitality, both by the car service driver (who had been waiting for hours) and the staff at the hotel, who quickly got us into our rooms so we could sleep. We loved Hong Kong and it was in large part due to the hospitality and service we enjoyed at Cyberport while touring the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear sixthgentexan

Thank you for your inspiring comments!
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay here and appreciated the service provided by our associates. I will share your compliment to the team as an encouragement and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We are avid travelers, who have traveled to high luxury hotels (Las Ventanas, Four Seasons Hualalei) as well as 4 star and 3 star hotels.
Le Meridien Cyberport on Hong Kong Island was our final stop on our way from the USA to Hong Kong for a long term work assignment (staying in Europe at St. Regis, Sheraton, Meridiens, Shangri-La, etc.on our journey across the world). This is one hotel that merits a top notch review.

I would like to take the time to write about CYBERPORT MERIDIEN, as we have wonderful feedback to share, having stayed here several times as well as over 21 hotels this year -- and I believe that this hotel is THE MOST WELL RUN OF THEM ALL! We spent 3 weeks at Le Meridien Cyberport upon entry into Hong Kong and another 2 weeks during our exit from Hong Kong. Our incoming experience was so good that we decided to end our Hong Kong experience in just the same way we started - at THE MERIDIEN CYBERPORT HOTEL!

Upon arrival, we were immediately and warmly welcomed by TIM, the Hotel Manager. Although it was late, he was not in a rush to leave us. Rather, he stayed and answered all our questions, gave suggestions and even helped us to secure theme park and restaurant reservations. This, to us, was not only impressive, but RARE and ADMIRABLE.

We were upgraded to an ocean facing room and admired the gorgeous sea and sunsets. All rooms are High Tech, modern/new style, while not being "minimalist" or "all white"). The rooms are so clean and well kept, that they appear to be brand new. They have complete electronic blackout shades (we slept until 6PM with our arrival jet lag night/day), large, rounded unbreakable glass desk that has the option to swing out into a rounded (child safe) L-shaped desk, allowing more than generous workspace. Also, the rooms have an iPod Doc, regular and wireless phones, electronic shades EVEN IN THE SHOWER AREA, plenty of outlets in the right areas (this can be a problem for many business travelers when the outlets are far away), giant flat screen TV, a sitting area with table, stocked mini-bar, nice sized safe (and, if you ask in advance they can possibly install DVD player in room for you, if available). With 2 laptops, a ton of work to do, this was outstanding and with better management and consistently excellent service than ANY of the hotels that I have ever stayed at!

The service is literally unbelievable. It well exceeded any and all of our expectations. This hotel is literally run impeccably.

Tim, the Manager is clearly doing something right and I wish that all hotels would be run like this one! You can see that he really cares, which is invaluable...

Service from all staff with a smile (I still cannot get over how happy they look), immediate phone answering / serious instantaneous responses to all requests (which we had/have plenty of), 3 restaurants (Japanese/Sushi, Chinese, Western - plus bar/restaurant which serves late (with a separate/attached super kid friendly "bean bag hang out room for kids to eat/play" - excellent seafood buffets, poolside menus which are kid and adult friendly, immediate assistance in acquiring taxis (not hard to get here, yet, hotel does it all), low key, "cool vibe" throughout the property, Manager that is VISIBLE and constantly checks in with you (but not over stepping any boundaries). Even the Head of Housekeeping stopped by, with a big smile, just to ensure that everything was “perfect”.

The location has a great supermarket downstairs, a connecting mall with additional dining options, stores and one of the best movie theaters in Hong Kong, bank, playground outside of mall, basketball courts outside the 4th floor of hotel (you don’t hear noise), area for kids to play football, roller blade and have seaside picnics (outside of Cyberport Mall, which is attached to hotel), occasional fun craft sales and events just 200 steps away (never interrupting the "peace" of the hotel). Also, if you are searching for easy, inexpensive transportation, there is actually a ton of buses that leave from underground to all over Hong Kong! If I didn't' mention it, you would never even know it was there (except, the manager showed us and even how to use it)!
The rooms are quiet, floors have quick and easy elevator access and cool, yet low key, music playing in them (high tech feeling). The pool is beautiful,, overlong the sea and mountains of green trees…not losing sunlight during the day, as many hotels here do (yet always shaded areas and umbrellas). Great poolside food/drink and service and lights up beautifully during the night, for evening swimming/poolside dinner. Never overcrowded. Great water temperature, too. I should also mention that the hotel offers hi speed and free Wi-Fi in many areas, including the lobby, the entire pool area/floor and bar area.

The gym is clean, well equipped and open very late.

Many of the staff recognizes us by face and name. Impressive. Also, unlike many other hotels here, almost all speak and communicate very well in English.

Down sides? Barely any. If I had to really think hard, I would suggest that the pool stay open a bit later than 10PM, as it is so nice and hard to leave. Perhaps they could have a "swim at your own risk"? The pool and eating poolside in the evening it truly special…

Also, the friendly pool boys, who freely hand out towels and will position your chairs when asked, should offer to do this automatically, without asking. There should also be a “stash” of extra lounge chairs, just in case. During many weeks I only had a problem finding a lounge chair once but, still, a few back ups wouldn’t hurt.

An area with games (chess, board games, etc.) would be nice. Perhaps in bean bag room?

Finally, the rooms should have a chest of drawers for more storage.

Realistically, it is unusual to find a hotel with such impeccable service, with a manager (Tim), who TRULY CARES and FOLLOWS UP on everything and a happy, smiling staff always friendly and trying to exceed your expectations.

Who could ask for more? We don't want to leave!

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for couples, families, business, friends and solo travelers! Thank you to Tim Bilfinger (Manager) and ENTIRE STAFF at Le Meridien Cyberport Hotel.

Room Tip: Prices are very reasonable. It is worth the upgrade to face the ocean! However, we have stayed in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mschatz11

Dear mschatz11

Thank you very much for spending the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us in such detail. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us and the way you liked our service and offerings. Your encouraging lines help our team to remain highly motivated and to achieve the service levels that we stand for. I have also taken notes on your constructive suggestions which I will certainly look into it for continuous improvement.
Please stay connected with us and the entire team will be happy to see you again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel for the new and modern room design, awesome bathroom and the comfortable bed. My room is spacious with the view to the port.
The staffs are all nice and helpfull.
The breakfast was average though.
The only cons is that it is far from central city. Took about 70hkd to go to central. But there is a small mall and mcd nearby. Try noodles in restaurant dynastie there. Very delicious.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Aliaslala

Thank you for sharing with us your experience of your recent stay at our hotel. It is an honor for the team and me, to hear that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again should your travel bring you back to Hong Kong.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I loved how modern this hotel was, almost like a disco on the way to the lifts, staff were extremely attentative, bringing me fruit when I was ill - also gave us advice on how up get to ocean park. It's a little fat from the centre but did not mind as we had seen everything, and it was the end of the trip. Would stay here again - I would live there if I could! Definately visiting again. Amazing way to finish the holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank kissey15
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear kissey15

Many thanks for your review. I am thrilled to hear of your wonderful stay with us and the way you liked our design and service.
Stay connected and it will be my pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's only 15 min by Hotel shuttle bus from Central and you can get it every hour, and same from the hotel! The location is not on the downtown but its realy quite near and is a perfect place to relax, there is not noise at all! The hotel facilities are very complete, the sauna, the steam bath and the pool were my closest friends during my stay. The breakfast is very good and also very complete and the best is the Illy coffee as any Le Meridien. I had dinner also on the poolside Restaurant, i havent tried the buffet but was looking good, but the a la carte food was excellent, congrats to the Chefs there! Also since the check in till the Restaurant staff, to the fitness spa were very friendly.
I recommend and I will come back definetly.

Room Tip: Note that not all the rooms have bathtube, ask upon check-in! And the twin beds are not queen size!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear giulianm_13

Many thanks for sharing with us your experience and it is a great encouragement to learn that you loved most aspects of the hotel! I will certainly share your kind note to the entire team, esp. our Chefs, to deliver even better services in the future.
I hope to see you again very soon for yet another relaxing getaway!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Usually staying at the Central area of Hong Kong, this time I have tried Le Meridien at Cyberport. It wasn't as that far away than I expected. The hotel offers free shuttle bus traveling between Hotel and Central. It might not be the best choice who wants to stay with the crowd of shoppings but I enjoyed a peaceful nice sleep after a busy shopping day. For the price, I received a nice harbor and mountain view without worried someone peeking me from the opposite of building.

The breakfast there is great and I have a good cup of illy coffee there.

Room Tip: Booking it via Starwood
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jasa-mayberry

Thank you for your encouraging comments for our location! It is my pleasure to learn that you had a good rest with us and enjoyed the peaceful enviornment after a busy shopping day.
Stay tuned for more exciting offerings on our website and I look forward to having you back again in the near future!