“A best choice of quite land in the city of Hong Kong”

Le Meridien Cyberport
Ranked #117 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Macau, China
“A best choice of quite land in the city of Hong Kong”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Usually staying at the Central area of Hong Kong, this time I have tried Le Meridien at Cyberport. It wasn't as that far away than I expected. The hotel offers free shuttle bus traveling between Hotel and Central. It might not be the best choice who wants to stay with the crowd of shoppings but I enjoyed a peaceful nice sleep after a busy shopping day. For the price, I received a nice harbor and mountain view without worried someone peeking me from the opposite of building.

The breakfast there is great and I have a good cup of illy coffee there.

Room Tip: Booking it via Starwood
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Jasa-mayberry

Thank you for your encouraging comments for our location! It is my pleasure to learn that you had a good rest with us and enjoyed the peaceful enviornment after a busy shopping day.
Stay tuned for more exciting offerings on our website and I look forward to having you back again in the near future!

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila Philippines
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We took HK airport express to Hong Kong central station. Then took Bus 30X to the hotel.
Another option from central station is to take a taxi or the hotel shuttle, which are more convenient and faster but more expensive.
We were given a corner room with a very nice view of the Lamma Channel and Lamma island.
The room was relatively big compared to other HK hotels, with a king size bed. There was no bathtub though. Although the bathrrom was big, I did not like the design and layout. It was slippery. The buffet breakfast was nice and filling but on our second and third mornings, we opted to try other fast food / restaurants.
It was a very nice stay. We felt properly rested in the morning.
However, it was a bit far from the city center, 30 minutes by regular bus or 15+ minutes by hotel shuttle or taxi. Of course, taxi and hotel shuttle are much more comfortable, especially when going back to the hotel in the evening, tired after a day of shopping / walking and whatever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear bensy

Many thanks for your comments. It is unfortuante that our design and layout was not your taste and I am sorry that our hotel location may not be the most convenient for you. However, I am glad to learn that you still had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the peaceful environment at our hotel.

I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to HK!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having brought two valued guests out of town guests to Nam Fong restaurant here before attending a nearby wedding, I presumed that one hour for a dim sum luncheon would be sufficient and the overall experience would be first rate. The good news: the food was excellent -- but once it arrived. We ordered our "first" four items within minutes of arrival, and generally one expects them to appear shortly, together, for a communal feast, with ample opportunity to order more. Instead, 20 minutes later the first steam basket arrives with 3 dumplings. Those didnt take long for us to devour. The next two baskets about 20 minutes later. The last, later yet, came at about the same time we were told the kitchen was closing (no matter, we had to leave).

An inexcusable, and for me, embarrassing (though my guests understood) occasion. Especially considering the extremely high cost and that no particular apologies or attention were given, this would seem to be far from what is expected, and what I have typically experienced at Le Meridians around the world. There are many great Dim Sum restaurants - luxurious or more local - in Hong Kong.... unless you have a particular reason for being at this one, it is not worth the risk and written off my list.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Len852
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Len852

I am sorry to hear of your disappointing expereience at Nam Fong, especially the food delivery time and the service rendered by our associates were not up to your expectation. I share your thought that our associates should be more attentive and allow flexibility when dealing with guests. I have addressed this with our Food & Beverage team to make sure we are more vigilant and such mishaps will not be repeated going forward.

I hope despite this unfortunate incident we are able to welcome you back in the future to prove that we deliver superior service and that the incident remains an isolated case. If you allow give us an opportunity to do so, please email me directly on welcome.lmc@lemeridien.com.

Best regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The glory of Le Meridien Cyberport lies in the wonderful attention one receives from the staff there, especially the waiters and maitre d's in Prompt - the Western-Oriental fusion style restaurant. The food is marvellous, too ! The Rogan Josh was subtly spicy and delicious all round. The waitresses in the Podium Bar also give very kind attention. Cyberport itself is a hoot- a vast twinkling spaceship of a mall right adjacent to the Hotel, and strangely enough for HK- largely empty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Perry B

Many thanks for your compliments. I am glad to learn that you liked our food and our team was able to deliver the services as promised. I shall share your encouragement with them and we will continue to strive to provide the best service!

Please stay connected with us for more exciting offers and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridien Cyberport because it is close to my company and I got a special rate. The hotel is quite new and everything is up to date and clean. My room has a slice of the water view. I am more impressed with the park that connects the hotel to the shopping complex and the apartments. I saw children and pets playing there and thought, this is so unlike the stereotype of Hong Kong. The flip side of this is, the hotel is far away from the city center. there is a paid hotel shuttle that can take you to the subway station in HK. If you have party of 2, it is better if you take a taxi.

The rooms are spacious enough. The gym is small but well-equipped. The staff at the gym is excellent. They really anticipate your need.

Like all Asian hotels, breakfast is sumptuous and has both Asian and Western food. This one though, has less Asian food than others I have been to, like the Grand Hyatt or Sheraton.

Since this hotel is connected to a very classy shopping center, there are quite a few restaurants for you to choose from, and some have excellent food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LeMeridienCyberport, Executive Assistant Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear chicbean

Thank you for your positive comments and I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Our hotel is indeed located conveniently for guest to travel to and from the city center, but at the same time you can enjoy a rather peaceful environment which is rare in Hong Kong.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridien Cyberport on business for 4 nights and it provides a spacious, very moden and clean stay, with great service from the staff. My room had a great view of the passing container ships as they came in/out of port. the hotel is 20-30 minutes outside of the city centre (depending on time of day) so is in a quiet neighbourhood, but the cost savings and space of accomodation you get at Le Meridien more than make up for a taxi to the centre (around 150 HKD depending on traffic).of the hotel shuttle service that runs every hour. The buffet breakfast was amazing - lots of choice (both Asian and international) and really sets you up for a day at the office (or sight seeing!). Will definitely stay here again next time I am at the HK office.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and facing the sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear luxurytravel1001

Many thanks for your compliments.

It is a great encouragement to learn that you loved our rooms and breakfast offerings. I hope to see you again when your travel brings you back to HK.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Le Meridien in March while visiting relatives that lived in an apartment complex nearby. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Le Meridien and the location could not have been more convenient for us since we could walk over to our relative's apartment complex easily. That being said, if you do not need to be in the Cyberport area, you're going to spend a small fortune on taxis getting back and forth from the main areas of Hong Kong if you stay here. Taxis were, however, surprisingly easy to come by at the Le Meridien. The hotel was very nice, modern and clean. The free WiFi in public areas was a huge perk and it was fast enough to use Skype easily. The food as with all big business hotels was overpriced and a little bland, but we did receive a coupon at check-in two free coffees which was quite nice and the coffee was actually quite good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienCyberport, General Manager at Le Meridien Cyberport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear habs07

Thanks for staying with us recently and also for posting your great compliments.

I am pleased to know that you were inspired by our Le Meridien coffee culture and in particular you enjoyed the Illy Coffee we served throughout our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming back for your return visit.

Gerhard Aicher