“Good Hotel but location far from city”

Harbour Plaza Resort City Hong Kong
Ranked #136 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Room is clean everyday . Facility good but no free Wifi at this hotel. Far from city, transport provide to city , disneyland , airport but charge. Very convienience to find food stall around this area ,even at midnight .

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Wadeyaw

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as the accommodation is pretty descent and I have read a couple of reviews before booking this hotel . Upon check in the hotel was so busy with a whole chinese groups that were checking in at the same time , nevertheless we expected the 4 stars hospitality . The room is big and got a splendid view over the area TSW ( Tsim Shui Wai) , very clean and neat . The hotel was always busy during the day because they offer shuttle service to town , because the area where the hotel is located is very far . We prefer to use the MTR which was quite easy and smooth to move around I should say . They were two small shopping malls close to the hotel and very limited . If you are on a budget trip and you would like to stay longer up to 4 or 7 nights and cheap is what you are looking for , then I would suggest the Harbour City .
I should add that the staff are very friendly and helpful all the times , one thing I didn't like about this hotel is it was too crowded during breakfast time and buffet selection was very limited .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from the 26th to 28th of NOV as part of an incentive trip. the rooms are big, spacious and very clean. The restaurant also offers some good choice. This hotel is in the new territories therefore a good one hours drive from the city, there was no problem as we were in group with a coach at our disposal but for induvidual travellers you will have to spend a lot of time commuting to the city. Transport network is good during the day and the hotel surroundings are very neat with lots of parks around. there is also a shopping mall next to the hotel. The bell boys charge a lot for getting your bags from the coach to the lobby and they have also set a minimum amount for the tips which is 5 HKD per bag

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rajesh v
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Reasonable hotel if staying in the local area. Far from town for daily commuting, although takes about 40 minutes from nearby station. Local resturants only cater for the local cuisine, although there is a park and shop supermarket nearby. Room itself was decent although 27th floor air condition was questionable. I woke up with a dry throat every morning. Changed to 23floor which was better. Breakfast menu never changes and no room service. Staff was ordinary. Annoying however when they use the quest elevators instead of service. Elevators are busy in the morning.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My client provided my with the "opportunity" to stay at the Harbour Plaza during a business trip in mid-November, 2012. I paid the extra $360 HKG to upgrade to a Harbour view queen club room. The room was very small, had an old mattress, and all of the furniture was scraped and dinged up. The room was in severe need of redecorating. Also, you are limited to one free internet connect at any given time...don't use your iPhone and iPad simultaneously, or you will be charged!

The hotel club was okay: breakfast was decent, free nightly wine/happy hour for two hours, and snacks. The bizarre thing is that in a city were you can't drink the tap water without boiling it first, the club charges for bottled water...what is up with that? This is the first hotel club I have every been in that charges for bottled water, even during the free-drink happy hour times! You have to call housekeeping to get free bottled water and at that they will not provide you with more than two small bottles. Give me a break!

The staff was generally nice (except when you ask for bottled water). Room service food was a good quality; I had the Thai green curry. The fitness area is okay with good lifefittness treadmills and a fair amount of weight lifting equipment. I had a deep tissue massage in the spa which was very good and got the aches out.

The hotel rate/price was low relative to other local properties...I also stayed at the Hotel ICON during part of my trip which is a much better property, but is also more expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Evan_Usa
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I travel often to HK as I fly Cathay Pacific. Our family has problems eating out in Hong Kong city, and we prefer to cook at home, so we researched and found this hotel which provides a kitchenette. There is a huge shopping mall with a grocery store next door that has been a great help.

The downside is that no paper towels, or cleaning liquid/scrubber are provided in the room. Also the utensils are limited and not adequate for cooking a full meal. It is a challenge to explain to the staff what we really need and get that sent to our room. For example on my last trip I skipped rice and just went for some soup dish, as I had no extra pan for cooking rice.

I stay often at the Marriott Residence Inn and the Hyatt suites, and am very impressed by the full range kitchen they provide.

The hotel is nice otherwise, even though located far away from the man city crowds. The bus service ends around 11 PM, else one will have to return by the metro or taxi, both challenges for different reasons.

Since I have no other choice and need to cook while on travel on a reasonable budget (for a 3-4 day stay), I will be back here again, but wish Hong Kong gets a Marriott Residence Inn or Hyatt suite option.

The restaurants in the mall really caters to the local HK population, and language is a big barrier. You might be hard pressed if you crave a typical Indian style meal.

Room Tip: If you party late in the city, then do not stay here. If you are a family type who can get back to y...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank arijitda
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here in February and have returned 3 times. It has everything we need. Good size rooms, near the metro (just 2 minutes walk). Shopping centre next door with lots of food options and a good supermarket.
The swimming pool, steam and sauna are excellent and everything very clean. But check because they close the pool on 18 November.
Staff are friendly and helpful except for the breakfast staff but they are the same everywhere, don't know why. 10 minutes before breakfast finishes they are clearing everything away and on the exact closing time there is NOTHING left.

They kept our luggage while we went for a break to Macau, I left my backpack on the transfer bus so I phoned and it was there at the hotel when we returned. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Buy an Octopus card at the airport or station, great value and easier to use than money. You can to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple