My family, including two small children and my mother, all stayed here for 4 nights this June. I'd read a million reviews beforing choosing the hotel and was pretty much prepared for anything. I must add that I booked directly from the hotel (via email not online) and they gave me the same rates as I found on all the booking sites. They were very accomodating and arranged a connecting room for this party of five.
We took the hotel car from the airport which was well worth the money as we were rather tired after the flight (my children are aged 2 and 3). We checked in to two Harbour View rooms and started a wonderful holiday. I can't fault the hotel, the staff were very friendly, especially one particular gentleman at the concierge, who went out of his way to help us every time. We had breakfast in the hotel, well worth the price as it was buffet style and the children were free. The only small complaint I have was the coffee........not the best but enough to kick start my day.
We ate out most of the time except once when we ate at the restaurant outside, the Waterfront. Again, maybe expensive for Hong Kong but not for Japan and the staff and service, as well as the food was great (very western, with western size portions).
We ended up spending more time then I planned at the hotel because of the POOL. Wow, what a pool, my children adored it. Now June is rainy season and the pool is outdoors (and unheated, cold in the morning but warmer by lunchtime), however we were very lucky with the weather and spent hours at the pool.
Again the pool staff were great and we were so well looked after.
We tipped but it took us a day or two to figure it out properly (no tipping where we live) and yet service wasn't dependent on the tips.
We didn't use the internet but I've heard it's expensive, so check it out.
The rooms were oldish, but roomy and very clean with gorgeous views of the bay.
The only other complaint I have (apart from the coffee) was the connecting room. We asked for non smoking and the twin room was fine but contained an ashtray, however no smell. The connecting double room was a smoking room with a definite smell. Didn't bother us but might upset others, be sure to check.
We really really loved it. The hotel is far out but the free shuttle bus is frequent and takes you right in to the centre of town (last stop, near the very very plush Peninsula Hotel). The staff had lots of advice for sight seeing and we even booked two tours (Hong Kong Island tour and Symphony of Lights boat tour) through the hotel. Seriously well looked after.
On the way back, we took a free bus to Kowloon station, checked in our suitcases with Cathy Pacific and took the express to the airport, a very cheap and easy way, (which again, a very kind gentlemen at the concierge went to great pains to explain to this bunch of scattered travellers).
Can't recommend it enough, beautiful views, great walks and the locals practise Tai Chi in the mornings about 8am in front of the hotel restaurant, feel free to join in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Grand Kowloon is a deluxe five-star hotel situated on the Victoria Harbour waterfront and in the heart of the vibrant Whampoa Shopping district with over 300 local shops. The Hotel is just a few steps from MTR Whampoa Station, Exit D2 (scheduled to open on October 23, 2016) travelling to major tourist destinations such as Temple Street at Jordan and Ladies Market at Mong Kok, and eight minutes away from the bustling Tsimshatsui by Hotel shuttle bus available every 20 minutes. The ferry to North point is just footsteps away where all local attractions and entertainment on Hong Kong Island are within reach. With most of the hotel’s public area enjoying the spectacular harbour views, hotel features 555 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, six restaurants, certified Halal food available (advance order is required), a rooftop glass-framed swimming pool, a deluxe fitness centre with fully equipped gym facilities available 24 hours daily; sauna, steam bath and spa services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Harbour Grand Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Harbour Plaza
- Harbour Plaza Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hong Kong