If your budget will stretch to it, this hotel is well worth staying in. Service, food, and facilities are all excellent. The rooms are clean, spacious, and well maintained. The staff at reception are most helpful and the staff in the spa are particularly friendly. The room service is very good quality but the buffet on the ground floor is even better and very fresh, especially the pastries at breakfast. I stayed in January and the rooftop swimming pool was open but deserted, a pleasant surprise in such a large hotel.
Don't be put off by the location. The free shuttle bus to Tsim Sha Tsui negates this, and taxis back from there cost ~HKD25 if you plan on having a late night out.
Only two (tiny) downers spring to mind. The TV was badly tuned and had a dull selection of channels, almost all news. Not even the random inclusion of MTV China, which is highly entertaining because it is so bad, made up for this.
The other downer is the Hoi Yat Heen restaurant on the 2nd floor. A restaurant with the cheek to suggest a HKD1000 per head set menu should have absolutely faultless service. The waiting staff are rude, unable to answer basic queries about the dishes, and masters of bustling around without actually doing anything. They go way past offensive to the point of being unintentionally hilarious, in stark contrast to the rest of the hotel where everyone is very pleasant. This would be a reasonable, if pricey, restaurant if they took all the waiters on a week's holiday and trained them properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Grand Kowloon is a deluxe five-star hotel situated on the Victoria Harbour waterfront and in the heart of the vibrant Whampoa Shopping district with over 300 local shops. The Hotel is just a few steps from MTR Whampoa Station, Exit D2 (scheduled to open on October 23, 2016) travelling to major tourist destinations such as Temple Street at Jordan and Ladies Market at Mong Kok, and eight minutes away from the bustling Tsimshatsui by Hotel shuttle bus available every 20 minutes. The ferry to North point is just footsteps away where all local attractions and entertainment on Hong Kong Island are within reach. With most of the hotel’s public area enjoying the spectacular harbour views, hotel features 555 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, six restaurants, certified Halal food available (advance order is required), a rooftop glass-framed swimming pool, a deluxe fitness centre with fully equipped gym facilities available 24 hours daily; sauna, steam bath and spa services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Harbour Grand Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Harbour Plaza
- Harbour Plaza Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hong Kong