Harbour Grand Kowloon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
3,174 results
All reviewsrooftop poolwhampoa gardenpromenade restaurantshuttle bushong kong islandclub roomhung homlovely hotelbuilding workstayed here for nightsthe hotel offersshuttle servicereception areabuffet breakfastnathan roadupgraded to a suiteharbor view room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 night stopover between Christmas an New Year as part of a Flight+hotel package and the upgraded room with "Harbour View" had a view to the east looking mainly at Kowloon, rather than south towards Hong Kong Island.

Travelling with two jetlagged children under 10, I didn't find the level of service I would have hoped for:

- If I request "just a cheese sandwich of just bread, butter and cheese", that's what I'd like - If I'd wanted a large plate of toasted sandiwches and chips, I would have asked for one.

- Breakfast finishes at 10:30am at the weekend, and at 10:30 they will clear the buffet around you as you are trying to find bowls, butter and jam (none which have not been replenished) and to take bread before they take the basket away from under your nose.

- On the last evening I dropped down to the cashiers desk to ask if it was possible to have a late checkout the next day as we have an evening flight, only to be told that it wasn't possible as the hotel was full. A check of the hotel's website confirmed they had availablity for all room types, so I went back down to the check-in desk, asked for Duty manager and the staff member serving was only too keen to help and provided a late checkout.

Overall, the room was spacious and clean and an extra child's bed was provided without charge, but I would say it was OK for the money rather than outstanding

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at the Harbour Grand for 3 nights. We had originally booked a courtyard view room through our travel agent but a few weeks before our arrival date I emailed the hotel and arranged an upgrade to a Deluxe Harbourview room. I also requested a room on the highest floor available for a Deluxe room. When we arrived there was no sign of my upgrade request. We were given a room on the 9th floor, the lowest one possible for a Deluxe room and also, unfortunately, we had one of the rooms which faced the wrong direction e.g. not towards Victoria Harbour but away from it. Admittedly this is a harbour view, just not the one we wanted. So, for us, the upgrade was not worth the money. The room we had was very big, clean and comfortable but I thought the style and furnishings were quite dated. Definitely no "wow" factor.

The lobby is fairly impressive and I enjoyed seeing the parade of weddings being photographed. The pool looks more impressive in photos than it does in real life but still it was worth a dip and a good photo opportunity! We did not eat breakfast at the hotel but, instead, went to cafes in the area, which were easy to locate. We did eat in the Waterfront Bar a couple of times because my husband had a bad back which hindered our going elsewhere further afield. The food was good, although expensive, which we expected. Service in the bar was excellent. Most nights there is music, which we did not like - just not to our taste. We considered eating in Hoi Yat Heen, the Chinese restaurant but we were put off by the whole page of dishes featuring shark's fin. I understand that shark's fin is very popular and sold widely in Hong Kong but, for us, it is an abomination and I believe that more top class hotels should be taking it off their menus and setting an example that it is unacceptable.

The location of the hotel was not a problem for us. We got the shuttle bus a few times, which was always very prompt. At busy times you may need to get there 10 minutes early as on one or two occasions it was full. We also walked along the waterfront a few times, which was fairly pleasant. We booked a walking tour with "Big Foot Tour", which is not linked to the hotel, but absolutely excellent.

Although, the location was not an issue for us, when we visit Hong Kong again I would choose somewhere more central. There was nothing really outstanding about this hotel which would make me want to return. The experience was fine but nothing extra special.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cakestin
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 16 year old son for 5 days in December. We had booked the deluxe harbour view double room back in May. When we arrived late evening the outside of the hotel and the views across the bay to Hong Kong were everything we had imagined. The entrance was all very festive and a wedding was taking place. The hotel is very popular for wedding was at least 2 every day. When we booked in they said they were unable to provide us with a twin bedded room unless we paid for an upgrade to the club floor. I had already taken our budget to the maximum so my son ended up sharing the bed with me not really ideal. the hotel did say they would move us if a room became available but it never happened. The room however was large and very comfortable with stunning views. The bathroom had an amazing large bath and separate shower. The mini bar was stupidly expensive so beware. We only ate once at the buffet dinner it was very busy, very expensive and unless you are into your sea food it's only ok. But if you walk into whampoa only 5 mins away plenty of nice local restaurant offer plenty of choices. The hotel is a little bit on the outskirts but the trains are amazing cheap and always on time. The hotel provides a free bus to the train station but get there early as always full. Very cheap to get a taxi to the station. The doorman although pleasant certainly knew how to be helpful to certain clients at the hotel in the 5 days never seemed to be us. This hotel was more than I expected. The pool out of this world, swam every day even though it was cold but you just have to swim in it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to harbour view well worth it
2  Thank spenco67
Reviewed January 11, 2013

5 star quality and definitely 5star service. Our room was spacious and we enjoyed the luxury. Breakfast each morning was fantastic. The staff couldn't do enough for you. We ate at a couple of the restaurants - great food. The view of the harbour from our room was spectacular, eve from the pool area on the 20/21st floor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naomi G
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed 4 days in Hong Kong just before Christmas. We were met by a representative from the agency and a limousine at the airport and arrived safely at the hotel. On arrival I had left my bag in the back of the car and because I had been given a personal contact number was able to get the receptionist to contact the car - the bag had all my money, passports and other items in it, in readiness for a world trip!!! I was given complimentary drinks by the hotel staff and the bag was returned within 20 minutes. They could not have been more helpful!! The hotel is beautiful, very elegant and plush and exceptionally clean. Food and drink was expectively expensive but on par with all similar hotels. The MTR rail system is on the doorstep and so planning trips and getting around Honk Kong is really cheap & easy. The views are spectacular and the room service and cleansiness was exceptional.
The Christmas decorations were amazing and the hotel backs on to a shopping mall where you can wander around or sit and have coffee and access the Internet free.The cafe and eating places are reasonably priced in the mall. When I left to go to New Zealand, I found I had left two pairs of boots and contacted housekeeping, they immediately responded and arranged to have them sent on. I lived in Honk Kong 23 years ago, it was an amazing place then and is an amazing place now, with amazingly friendly and courteous people. This is a must stay hotel, put it on your bucket list!!!

Room Tip: we booked two rooms and both were different but equally as impressive. We had a large en suite and view of the harbour and pool and my son's had kitchenette facilities and shower and bath. both rooms were clean and spacious with excellent housekeeping facilities.