“Rugby Sevens Trip”

The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #502 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Went with my teenage son to the rugby sevens and it was ok for that, however it is surrounded by girly bars but they don't bother you . Friendly staff, good location and clean with good breakfast . Beware beds are from the Flinstones and are quite firm.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great location of hotel, friendly and honest staff (forgot my IPhone in the room and front office staff told me to wait because i forgot my phone in the room), half hour drive by taxi from airport if no traffic jam.

Room Tip: great clubs and bars with live musik near by.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Oliver K
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location especially if you are in town for the rugby 7's. Right in the middle of all the Wan Chai action. Security friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok but did the job..just be sure to take your breakfast vouchers otherwise they get very annoyed. Hotel needs more signage for where their amenities are as the gym and breakfast are hard to find first time and there was no info on check in from front desk. Overall a good hotel and rooms satisfactory. Will stay here again in the future...oh yeah and if your tall be prepared to have your feet hanging off the end of the bed!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights mid March on the 14th floor. The hotel is well located on Lockhart Road and only a two minute walk from Wan Chai MTR. It's located in a lively, but very safe area of HK. There are lots of bars, 7 Eleven stores and food outlets in the immediate vicinity. There is even an excellent bar in the basement. Looking at criticisms on other reviews, the only ones I would agree with are about the firm beds. My twin room was a good size, clean and much like hotels I've stayed in when visiting mainland Europe. Checking in and out took about two minutes and staff were very helpful throughout. I would definitely stay there again

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank BobsWorth1
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here over last weekend, the rooms are very clean, nice bedding, towels etc. we payed a very good price and were overall pleasantly surprised. Hotel is in a very lively area but we knew that beforehand. Staff very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mooncat_11
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Firstly I will say that we did not use the restaurant so I cannot comment on this. Having paid I was surprised when my card was charged with a HK$1000 Guarantee but it seems that this is normal in Asia. The room was kept very clean but there seemed to be a damp Musty smell throughout the corridor and room. The bed was Hard but then I like a hard bed so for me was perfect for a good nights sleep. Unfortunately the shower flooded after every use and the toilet did not flush very well The staff were not overly bothered and di nothing about it. Despite being in the center we did not hear any street noise. I would say this is a good hotel for a city break or business. The staff were not overly friendly or helpful and were quite put out when I booked out 2 days early due to a change in my travel itinarary. We were supposed to go back there for another week but I couldn't face it so we accepted an offer to stay with my Fiance's uncle.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm110266
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stay in the hotel for 5 nights. It was in excellent location for us close to subway and lots of nice restaurants around. The only downside was the pool as it was a quite hot weather and the trip was simple leisure, it looked bigger on website but I guest that's how it works these days. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple