Personally I love it, the location that is. You are a short walk from the MTR so easy to get around Hong Kong, and when you get back in the evening you right in the middle of all the bars, restaurants and nightlife that Wanchai is famous for.
The hotel itself is nothing special but it represents good value for what it is. The rooms may be getting a bit tired however they are clean and reasonably well maintained. The service I encountered was briskly efficient in the normal Hong Kong way.
I would have liked to comment on the quality of the breakfast that was included in my room package however, and this is a location-driven problem, I found I overslept in the morning before finally waking with a somewhat fuzzy head. Breakfast therefore consisted of several paracetamol from the 7-11 around the corner and a vow never to stay so close to the bars of Wanchai again. This will be of course until my next visit where I will most likely choose to stay at the Wharney again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The places of accommodation are required whenever you go to some place for any purpose. The purpose can either be tourism or it may be the profession. Hong Kong is also one of the best places of attraction without any second thought. It is the place with tourist attractions, which are enjoyed by a large number of people throughout the world. Hong Kong has done every best effort to give the tough c ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wharney Guang Dong Hong Kong
- Wharney Hotel Hong Kong
- The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong