“Great hotel and location”
Review of GDH Hotel

GDH Hotel
Ranked #190 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We highly recommend this hotel and the location was perfect. We stayed on the executive floors, which are on the higher floors, so we didn’t get the noise of the lower floors. Our room was very quite and very clean. The hotel location is great and walking distance to everything. All the tours pick you up and drop you off at this location as well. Taxis are plentiful and the staff will assist you with anything you request. The breakfast is really awesome and has a Chinese and western touch to it. Save some money at all the other over priced hotels and book this one, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book an executive room and request a high floor as you will not get street noise. Hong Kong comes al...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have visited and stayed in this hotel many times and now I am taking time to review this hotel. I am Indian vegetarian and finds this hotel best located for Indian vegetarian food. The Woodlands restaurant is just walkable distance from this hotel. The hotel is surrounded by shopping malls and centers. The rates are reasonable. The rooms are very clean and the view of the city is good. The reception is spacious and the checkin and check out timings are very district. So you may have to spend some time in the reception area if your flight is in the evening. Next time if I go with my family I will stay in this hotel. Some people may not appreciate the prat avenue where this hotel is located for the smell of non-vegetarian food in the street and shops displaying the non-veg items. But whereever you go in hongkong, you may have to bear with this. Overall, a very good experience with this hotel.

Room Tip: Everything will be taken care automatically.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank guna60
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in at this hotel. There is a nice big lobby and the check in was fast and efficient. Our bedroom was nice and clean and looked quite new. We slept very well. The location is awesome - there are many restaurants and cafes and bars just a few steps away from the hotel. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This review is late. I booked a twin room for three nights for my 2 nieces through a travel agent in Manila. The room was small but with two beds, it was good enough for two small people. I think this is typical in most hotel rooms in Hong Kong. Since we were busy touring around the city the whole day, it was not really a problem at since the guests were too tired to worry about anything when they return to the their rooms at the end of the day.

The linens were clean, same with the pillow cases and towels. The toilet and bathroom were immaculately clean. We booked the room only so no comment about the breakfast served in the hotel restaurant.

The lobby is spacious and there are enough sofa sets. Also, the interior decor is tastefully done and this gives a good photo opportunity.

They accommodated our request to leave the luggage after check out time since we have an evening flight back to Manila.

Guang Dong Hotel is a decent hotel near Tsim Tsa Tsui, a main thoroughfare. Its location cannot be better because it is close to shopping malls and the Kowloon Park. Try to book online to avail of a special rate to get good value for your money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank pinoytraveller2
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good location. The hotel is walking distance to taxi, bus, and train stations. As well as the Avenue of Stars, Clock Tower, malls. Fast free internet in the room. Hassle-free check-in and check-out.

We always go out of our hotel when we were in HK. It was a relaxing home away from home after all those walks, shopping, and sightseeing. Beds are comfortable enough for me. They have a decent sized cabinet unlike other hotels here. We didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant, but just across or nearby are numerous restaurants (cantonese, japanese, korean, turkish or middle eastern, McDonalds, & dessert shops) as well as convenience stores for you to choose from. A street food stall is even around the corner if you want to be more adventurous. Taxis are lined up in front of the hotel itself, in case you need one. Avail of a room facing the street, as it is better than one facing the wall of the next building. Upon checking in, I was given a non-working card key. But the check-in staff was helpful enough to change it. She even said sorry more than once. By the way, we carried our own luggages by the time we came and as we left our rooms. No bellboy. But it's fine. I'm just used to the warmness of Filipino staff in our hotels back home. I guess nothing really beats a Filipino hospitality.

Overall, our group of 4 adults and 1 child enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We availed 2 Superior Rooms. Although our rooms are small, they are big enough for 2 adults. And also although not that new, the hotel is well maintained and clean. But it would be better if the minibar goodies in the rooms are free, and with complimentary daily breakfasts too. But still, I would gladly recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives who would like to visit and enjoy Hongkong.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street (Prat Avenue), as it is better than looking out the window facing th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was a bit disappointed. I booked a room good for 3people. It was ok for two single beds but with the additional folding like hospital bed, you can't barely move… but again, knowing the room sizes in HK hotels, this should be expected. Anyway, The staffs were very unfriendly, not so accommodating. Hassled in Check in and more in Checking out. My colleague asked if we can leave our bags after checked out as our flight was not tip 6pm. The person at the concierge were just ignoring her til I raise a bit of my voice and showed him that I was kind of pissed off not til then, he grabbed our bags and gave me the tag. Overall, we had so much fun in Hongkong while outside the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Don't go by the photos on the website, the rooms look nicer and bigger than they actually are.
The rooms could do with a freshen up and facelift. Hair dryer was prehistoric and so was the TV,
The air conditioning in the eating area, (breakfast), was always on and cold.
Good location, very helpful at the front desk...........
Please give this place a huge face list and we will return!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple