“Super Location, Small but Complete”
Review of GDH Hotel

GDH Hotel
Ranked #190 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Location, Location, Location. Basically in the midst of the Golden Mile in TST. Around the corner from the huge K11 complex and MTR station. Across street to East TST. Many good eats with 500 feet. Took me ten min to get to Wanchai Computer Center, 5 min more and I'm in Causeway Bay.
Prices are reasonable, rooms are small, maybe less than 20 square meters. But they are comfortable. All the facilities of a 4 star hotel. Great hi def Led TV with many English channels. 2 comfortable twin beds. Very clean place. Service is professional.
Stayed 3 nights last week with my wife, just to shop, eat and de-stress. It worked! We will stay here again and will recommend to friends. If you accept that rooms are small, this is the place for you. Perfect for business man traveling solo.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan Y

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I, together with my husband and daughter were booked in this hotel for 3 nights during our Hongkong, Shenzen, Macau tour last April 23-26, 2013. The front desk staff are english speaking and we were required to give a deposit of HK$1500. we were then guided to our room by a service staff.I found the room clean and beddings are neat. They clean the room daily. Our only complaint is we don't have free access to internet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deony B
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stumbled on this hotel by accident after coming from Macau and needed a room for 2 night and most of the hotels were fully booked in the area due to a trade fare on. The prices were through the roof because of the trade fare. The room was so clean, mattress and pillows were heaven fresh clean and quilt just perfect. I felt at home in my bed. The bathroom nice with a clean bath tub and the bathroom and entire room was so clean and so fresh. The only negative was we had to pay 120 HK dollars for the wifi which I felt was ridiculous especially after I paid almost a 190 US dollars for the room with no breakfast. Having said this the hotel is nice but a little over the top with the price. I paid the fee for the wifi only to realize later that night that the fee is not per room but per person and to have my wife go online she also had to pay 120 HK dollars a little over the top I thought. The staff were friendly but had their orders and could not do much. It's a clean nice hotel and I would come back again if the price gets better

Room Tip: Insist on them adding a free wifi to your room as they charge 120 HK dollars per person not per room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

After concluding my business at Shenzhen and Canton, I decided to have a one day stopover in Hk instead of embarking on a train ride from Guangzhou to HK on the same day of my flight, which might be too stressful for me due to the volume of passengers on the road and the train stations because of the long Holidays last February. I booked the hotel 2 days before my arrival and I was very lucky even with the Holiday season. One of word of advice in China and HK , never ever schedule your trip before the long New Year festival; roads, metro stations, buses, hotels and all other places are always packed. This is one of the times where taxi drivers are very choosy and very rude.

From the Hong Hum station, I took a taxi which cost me HKD 25. He was one of the rudest taxi drivers that I have ever met. Check in was a breeze and due to over booking, they ran out of a HKD 900/night/ room, so they upgraded me to the executive suite room. Based on the size of the suite, I can surmise that the regular rooms are small. The decor and finishing look dated and the bed was on the hard side but I had no problem with it. You can find a lot of restaurants, bars and convenience stores along the street and the hotel is very close to Nathan road and the metro station.

Room Tip: Ask for a room fronting Prat st. since it overlooks Butterfly on the Prat and the buildings are nice...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank albert808
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked a night on New Year's eve, for we had to attend a party about 3 blocks away, and couldn't foresee us stumbling back home over Hong Kong island, with road closures and throngs of people on the streets.

It is a pretty run down hotel, and staff was inefficient and room service was served on a filthy tray and dirty cutlery. The tray had dirt and cigarette burns..and the cutlery was resting on that tray..ewww!!

We tried getting help from the hotel to hail us a cab, but they blatantly refused, making excuses like "It would take too long to call and then wait for one", or "you can walk several blocks to get one".. Mind you, we just had a long night celebrating NYE and lugging a suitcase down several blocks isn't our idea of fun.

I'd say, avoid at all cost!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dudsy00
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to Hong Kong with my buddies last October 2012 and, after scouring tripadvisor and agoda, we decided to book our stay at the Guang Dong Hotel for two reasons:

1. Relatively Cheap
2. Good Location

We arrived at the Guang Dong and were were pleased by the clean, decent and well-appointed lobby, which was big for a hotel of this price.

The room was small as expected, the bathroom clean and functional. That was all we wanted from this hotel. TV, Beds, Ref, Dresser table were all good. The hallway was also small, but it didnt matter.

We didn't have many chances to interact with the hotel staff but on those few occasions they were polite and helpful.

The hotel is sort of dated, and there are other newer hotels nearby. But for the price savings the Guang Dong makes for a smart choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TheEuge
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The staff are attentive enough to assist me with my needs. The CR is clean, the linens are fresh but the rooms are a bit cramped. The included breakfast is served on another location, found on the other side of the street which makes it a bit inconvenient.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo