Just like everyone I faced the same delay in checking in, took about 35 minutes but my checkout was flawless. Beside that they assigned me a twin bed room instead of a double which was clearly shown in my booking. But I am happy to have a room which as almost double the size of those on the island.
Learn to take the bus and you will find this place interesting. The bus 182 right outside the hotel goes all the way to Hong Kong Island passing Gloucester Road and ending at Macau Ferry Terminal. The fare is HKD 16. After midnight the bus number change to N182 with this service ending at 5 am, fare is HKD 24. Bear in mind the whole journey takes more than 75 minutes. Going to Shatin Railway Station and Shatin Town Center is a breeze as you won't have to wait for more than 5 minutes for a bus to come along. The MTR Station Sha TIn Wai not Sha Tin is about 15 minutes walk. It is convenient for those going to Mongkok by using the East Rail and getting off at Mongkok East.
You can make a considerable saving if you make use of the FREE hotel Shuttle bus to and from the airport. They are now charging for transport to their sister hotel Regal Oriental, Kowloon and Hong Kong. It used to be free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Shing Mun River in Shatin, Regal Riverside Hotel is only 30-minute drive away from Hong Kong International Airport and is located conveniently near 2 MTR stations and a mega shopping complex featuring over 900 brand boutiques, individually operated shops, dining and entertainment places. The 1,138-room hotel operates routine shuttle services to Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Disney Land, Ngong Ping 360 and Tsimshatsui East together with other public transports right on the hotel's doorstep, guests can easily connect to all shopping, entertainment and business districts in Hong Kong. Shatin features places of interest such as the 10,000 Buddha Temple, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum and the Jockey Club, a famous world class horse racing arena, Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Science Park. The hotel also features 10 restaurants and bars as well as a wide range of recreational facilities such as the beautiful outdoor swimming pool (closes during winter period), spacious fitness center with sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and beauty services. The hotel's OM Spa, designed in contemporary Thai style and infused with a soothing sense of harmony and serenity, provides professional spa and massage services to discerning guests for nourishing their body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and Hotwire so you can book your Regal Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Riverside Hong Kong
- Hotel Regal Riverside
- Regal Riverside Hotel Hong Kong