“Decent option in Kowloon if the rate is right”

Regal Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #99 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here for one night for about $120AU. It was a decent hotel. Clean, tidy and had all the usual class of a 4 star property. I was "upgraded" to a renovated room so I'm unsure how the older ones are, but this room was large by HK standards with a decent bathroom. Bed was hard (as they all are in Asia) however I slept on top of the quilt which helped.
Bar was very overpriced. Made Sydney look cheap!
Conveniently, the hotel is one of the Airport Express Shuttle hotels from Kowloon station which made for an easy arrival.
Subway is a 5-10 minute walk away. TST and the Star Ferry pier about 15 minutes. The walking didn't worry me as it was cool however if you're looking for something in the TST/Jordan area then there are closer options.
If you can score the rate I did, though, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest
Thanks for staying at the Regal Kowloon. Our web page offers some excellent alternatives when you next visit Hong Kong.

There are newer reviews for Regal Kowloon Hotel

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here for around 5 days and the stay was very good and comfortable. Room size is very good and so are the bathrooms. The breakfast in the hotel is good with a decent spread. Location of the hotel makes the stay more comfortable. Staff is also helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank PranayNigotiya

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your visit to Hong Kong! Our web page offers some excellent choices when next making a booking.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent three nights in the hotel last week and opted for an executive room. It was roomy and well furnished and well serviced. It included access to executive lounge where you could have breakfast in comfort and quiet. Food was good and service efficient. It is in a good location. We could find no fault and thought it very good value for money.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your very positive review with us. We appreciate your feedback and the team at Regal Kowloon look forward to visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

If you like to stay in the center of Hong Kong, and the prime shopping area then this hotel is the right choice.

I like friendly staff who are able to show me how to go to the Peak mountain and reply me more than enough information.

When I ask How many hours from Hotel to Airport, the reply is not just the distance and time but the price if we take taxi.

This hotel provide two way shuttle bus to Airport but your flight must be at the set time or you can take taxi or airport link.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review!!
We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel and service. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located and rooms provide good value for money.
However WiFi is not free (in today's world this may sound strange to many of us) When I bought WiFi, they charged me double the charge despite seeking clarifications from the hotel beforehand.
I was able to cancel the duplicate charge at checkout.

• Stayed: February 2014
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are very happy you felt you had good value. In respect to Wifi, may I encourage you to book directly on our "Regal Web" which offers many extra benefits including free Wifi.
We look forward to welcoming once again to the Regal Kowloon Hotel.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have stayed in several hotels in Hong Kong from 3 stars to 5 stars but this hotel is by far the best overall. We stayed in a club room which includes breakfast in the club lounge, plus free wi-fi, shuttle to the airport and of course, the usual club lounge benefits.
The hotel is convenient for the waterfront and Nathan Road.
Two staff in the Club Lounge stand out for their professionalism, efficiency and friendliness - Eduardo and Nelson.
My only complaint would be that the beds are much too hard and I don't think a comforter would do much to alleviate this. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RosinaK
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again. I will pass on your kind words to our club floor associates. Please make sure to book via Regal Web next time and ask for the comforter it does work well.
Cheers

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I will say that I expected this hotel to have better service and better quality. I was going to stay at the sheraton hotel and a friend recommended this hotel as it was well located, which is true and oriental style. I have to say that the transportation from the airport to the hotel is great! This is something that would make me stay at this hotel again. it is very convenient and if it is your first time in hong kong it is a great plus. The arriving was ok, the welcome staff were courteous and smiling. they asked me to leave my bags and I checked in almost right away. The check in staff is not very courteous and they need to take a smiling training urgently.
They offered me to upgrade my room and I would be able to check in earlier and have breakfast included. I did not accept and I am glad I did not because the restaurant is very ugly and need remodeling. The hotel overall needs to be renewed and as I walked to the restroom when I arrived, some areas of the hotel smell like old carpet and curry...not inviting at all.
The room has a good size considering most of the hotels in asia are very small. I arrived really tired after viviting the buda and 14.5 hrs of flight and so I threw myself to the bed....BIG MISTAKE! The bed is so hard I felt punished...at this point, I have to say, I thought of never returning to this hotel, however I later learned that you can ask for something like a bed cover to make it softer, You can try that at the check in time. The shower made me feel better because it is GREAT! The TV has different channels but I did not have good luck finding something to watch. the view from my room was terrible. I was facing a brick wall. The hotel location, as I said, is very good because there is a very close subway station and it is really easy to use and friendly for tourists like me. taxis in hong kong are a very good option too. In general, for the price you pay the hotel is very good, in my case I prefer to pay more and stay in a 4 star hotel. I consider this one a 3 star.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view, otherwise you will get a brick wall view..
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lorenia A
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your review. Overall we are glad to see you felt our hotel was very good. We will take note of both the positive and negative points to improve on our guests stay and comfort.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit in Hong Kong wherever that may be.