Regal Kowloon Hotel
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$856
$584
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$186
$151
Agoda.com
$239
$201
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$206
$561
$380
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$280
$233
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$101
$71
Hotel Direct
2,337 results
All reviewsexecutive clubwalking distanceother hotelsnathan roadexecutive roomlate checkbusiness tripmtr stationconcierge stafffamily roompleasant staychecking invictoria harbourbusiness hotelshuttle busbuffet breakfasthong kong island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Slowest check in of any hotel in Hong Kong. Almost no queue but long winded procedure and staff not caring makes it difficult. Of course no room ready for me either. I can't believe not a single person checked out before 12 noon. Do yourself a favour and use the Intercontinental across the road which is really good.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy you stay with us and found our service "wanting". Hong Kong traditionally experiences heavy occupancies during October. As indicated our check out time is at noon. We try our best to accommodate earlier check in but at times this is not possible. Our normal check in is from 2pm onwards.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope your next stay in Hong Kong is a pleasant one.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hi,

This review is slightly different from the ones posted by other guests. I am a 'future guest' at this hotel, scheduled to check in tomorrow. I would like to share my personal experience shopping and finally booking a hotel room for my weekend stay in Hong Kong City. One is spoilt for choices when it comes to city hotels especially in the TST area. However, I noticed one small detail about the Regal Kowloon Hotel that appeared consistently in tripadvisor that I do not see in other hotel reviews.

It's the simple fact that the GM thinks it is important enough to allocate time to respond to each and every review written by a guest. Most hotels will only respond to the positive feedback and not acknowledge the negative ones. The GM at Regal Kowloon gave me the impression that customer feedback, be it positive or negative, is valued deeply for the constant improvement of the hotel. I see this as a very good practise in the service industry. This was the sole reason that prompted me to select this hotel as my weekend abode.

I hope to be experiencing good service during my 2 day stay here. Rest assured, I will write another post-check in review once my weekend is over.

Have a good day,
Eleen

Room Tip: Too early to advise. Will share after my weekend stay ends.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Ms Eleen
Thank you for your kind observation and your choice of hotel. We are obviously looking forward to you staying with us and welcoming you to Hong Kong and the Regal Kowloon Hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed October 14, 2013

After reading the reviews on different forums, I wasn't sure if choosing this hotel would be a good option. In order to avoid disappointment I opted for the executive room with the access to club lounge. Honestly, it could not have been better.

The hotel is nicely located (Kowloon island), very close to the harbour (you can go for a walk there) and to the main shopping streets in HK. Although it doesn't really impress from the outside, the rooms and other facilities make up for it.

The executive room (15th floor, mind you - the elevator goes up to the 14th floor, you have to take the stairs from there) was spacious, clean and well-equipped. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and quite big as well.

The club lounge offered delicious international breakfast (e.g. smoked salmon, Parma ham, chorizo) and coctail hours (5:30-8:30) when you could have a drink (gin, whiskey, vodka, rum, wine, beer) and eat something (soup, French cheese, little sandwiches). The waiters in the club lounge restaurant were exceptional, after the first breakfast they remembered your favorite coffee etc.

Free internet access (2 devices) was provided

Free shuttle to and from the airport.

Although the hotel was nearly fully booked, you did not feel it (I can't say anything about the standard restaurant and rooms).

I recommend this hotel to everyone (not necessarily travelers with children, they are not very welcome in the club lounge which, to be honest, is a good thing).

Tip: book from the hotel website, they offered better deals than other websites. Also, I DEFINITELY recommend club rooms (executive rooms).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our full facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to both Hong Kong and the Regal Kowloon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I have spent lots of nights in hotel regal Kowloon I loved it I was frustrated but again fell in love with it it was an old habit not leaving me easily. For last few days I felt bad as a few staffers of the managerial capacity were not upto the mark and rude but everything else was great. Their executive club lounge, their gems of some staffers as Eduardo,nelson, Ada, Tina were at their best they keep you at home with their services. All other higher capacity people play double games they deprive you of your loyalty and then show off they are doing their best. But overall a safe, nice beautiful and sometimes very reasonable place to be. Be regal rewards member and you will get to know what the good hospitality they offer. Although your family is not liked by them and they are allergic to families but yet they want family people to stay by paying lots more then they offer. Hey guys don't to get that a man loves the people and places who love their families as they have to be with their fly sooner or later!!! Hotel regal Kowloon is the best choice when reasonable and booked in advance!!!! I love this hotel as my second home no matter they love me or hate me!! As I have spent more than 55-60 days in its lap and spent some of my precious money to stay in its arms when I had a choice to have a cheaper accommodation like it!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest
We thank you for your review and that overall you enjoyed the hotel and our associates. I certainly will pass on your comments to all the team and assure you we welcome all guests including families.
We look forward to seeing you back in Hong Kong very soon and in particular at the Regal Kowloon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I consider several factors in choosing a hotel, then rating it afterwards. I also try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, or the type of trip I am on. In other words, when in Prague, I don't want the Hilton.

Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Also considered are location, price, breakfast, communication.

Comfort, lighting, bathroom space, water pressure...all things that make a stay or can ruin it.

I am writing this review late but didn't want to neglect a great hotel.
This was the last stop of our 3 week trip. We appreciated the great location so we could get away from our tour group, finally, on our own.
All the above factors were great.
Neat, clean, location, comfort, bathroom, breakfast. All wonderful. We did get confused a bit about logistics, the different entrances and secret passageways. With time we got it.
The only negative I experiences at all was trying to buy stamps for postcards home. The desk sent me on a wild goose chase in the area. When I was unsuccessful and asked the next day the clerk pulled from behind the counter. grrrr.
We had a great time here and took advantage of many walks down the river, riding a subway (best system we have ever seen in our many travels), taxi, ferry. all fun and easy from this location. I found the desk help not very helpful, but we managed well enough on our own.

Room Tip: We had a view over the square and to the water. Very pretty.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bjsr
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and especially about our hotel.
In general, we are glad your stay met your expectations. We certainly passed on your comments about our Concierge and will make sure they are more vigilant and attentive.
We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you visit Hong Kong.