“At least I was in Hong Kong”

Regal Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #99 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It was a value for money deal, the hotel had everything, very helpful staff, a good position for everything in Hong Kong and just near McDonalds!!! The rooms were good hotel style, not over big but plenty adequate. It was an ideal location and I loved Kowloon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Regal Kowloon Hotel

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The only highlight of this hotel is the Concierge staff and it's location. Spent 4 days in the Hotel during a business trip. hotel has seen better days perhaps in the 80's. The room I was placed in was extremely tiny as it had only one bed, which was all I really needed. The room was obviously old , from the retro bedside lighting system to the worn out furniture which was clearly spot painted with a slightly different brown color. The two chairs in the room both were statined, not sure from what. The curtains were dingy and stained.
The wall immediately inside the room where stained with scuff marks noticeable even with the poor lighting. While looking for an outlet to plug in my computer, unfortunately I noticed garbage left from the previous occupant. One day I left my room at about 11am returned at 4pm, and my room had not been serviced. I again left at 5pm, returned at 9pm and still the bed was undone and the towels had not been replaced. Had to call housekeeping for towels, I inquired about whether anyone would come to clean, with no real response from housekeeping, but I did get the towels.
Oh, and don't be fooled by the room images or the free internet sign in the small slow moving elevators, My room looked nothing like the image they portrayed, also I was promptly charged for Internet upon checkout.
Hotel staff was generally pleasant, but why offer lobby wifi if there is nowhere to sit and enter codes to access, only 2 chairs in the lobby, which can be attributed to the amount of traffic in the lobby, but at one point I noticed about 8 people standing around trying to enter the codes (which are given by the concierge on a tiny strip of paper) on smart phones and iPads.
Extremely busy in the courtyard behind the hotel, in the daytime its pleasant, as the sunsets,the courtyards fills with prostitutes, who will offer you services as you attempt to enter and exit the property, no fault of the hotel, just a warning.
It's said cause he hotel has a central location in Kowloon, near the water, with all the restaurants and shops, but there is an obvious neglect in the restoration of the rooms as well as the care.
I guess for the price it will continue to attract high levels of occupancy, but not me.

1  Thank 11Jacks
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Lured by the "good" value for money deal on the hotels.com & booking.com, we were excited to book this hotel for our 5-day trip in Hong Kong..
"Award winning" business hotel for 2011 & 2012.
Not sure who gives these awards, perhaps some clueless government official.
Careless staff, dingy and old rooms and nothing like the photos on their website!
Staff was unhelpful and rude, the que of irritated guests for the check in/check out was a familiar sight every day. The "free Internet" is a complete lie, you get it only in the lobby for max. of 2 hours per day. Otherwise €20 per 24 hours.
'Pushyhookers' are of abundance on the square in front of the hotel in the late hours of the night, if that's what you're after..
The only good thing was the location, if you'd like to be in the middle of overpriced Kowloon!

Good luck!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Bransonltd
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was last week for 4 days in the regal kowloon hotel..I would like to confirm that it is really a good place, rooms are very clean et the staff is very very efficient ..Special congratulations to Maureen from executive floor team , she is really top !!!! she always take care of each other ans support us all the day !!!
thanks a lot !!!
If you need to stay in TST for long time ,don t hesitate to choice this hotel

1  Thank Bertrandmerignies
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute for a business meeting as most hotels were full. The price was 3,000 HKD a night, not including breakfast which for this property is highway robbery, but again we had few options. I went out for a cigarette after I checked in and made the mistake of sitting on the steps and was promptly reprimanded by the staff as if I was and they obviously thought a vagrant. Next we made our way to the rooms via the elevator and then we had to carry our bags up a flight of stairs as the elevator did not reach the top floor where we were staying. The rooms were old and partially clean. The beds were uncomfortable and the air condition did not work very well. The wireless internet signal was too bad, signal continuously dropping and I could not work on my ipad as I had planned. All in all I could not check out fast enough the following morning.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff is really concerning about customer satisfaction.I was requesting a big bed and somehow the room given to me was 2 single.After a fast call to the reception some one of the staff came to help us and deal with the change. The room was big enough and at an average clean.

The location is not very good although the subway East TST is just 5 min walk.This area is not very favorable when you want enjoy and experience the city not just by public transport and taxi but also by walk.!!!! After 22-23 in the evening not so many people walk around and do not have convenient shops. Old furniture inside the rooms.No free wifi and no free cable internet which it comes useful in hong kong when you need to check your next day schedule.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank srapy
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The rooms are clean but are a bit on the small side. But the beds are comfortable enough. Breakfast if OK. The best thing going for this hotel is its location. Right smack in Tsim Sha Tsui close to shopping and lots of dining options.

1  Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas