“Excellent services for our wedding”

Regal Hongkong Hotel
Ranked #121 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We spent one night living in the Executive Room before our wedding. The hotel room is located at the corner area on each floor, with one large bedroom and one living room insides it. The view is great, looking at the Victoria Park as well as the HK Central Library.

The bathroom is a little bit old renovated and some color faded away. However, the hotel did provide its compliment gift, L'occitane shower gel and shampoo, for our use. In general, the staff at the hotel provided their services quite swiftly and politely. Given the good hotel services and its convenient shopping location in Causeway Bay, we would recommend other tourists to try this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RegalHongkongHotel, Marketing Communication Manager at Regal Hongkong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with worldwide travellers.

It was rewarding to read your positive comments about our locationa nd facilities, as well as the friendliness of our associates.

Whilst your feedback serves as an encouragement, we strive to continue improving our standards in the future.

We thank you for staying at the Regal Hongkong Hotel and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Once again, wish you a happy and sweet marriage forever!

Marketing Communication Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

After so many year of staying at Regal Hong Kong, I have decided to give a club floor a try. To be honest, I did have my doubts if the Executive Club Floor would be as good as other Executive Club Floor in other 5-stars hotels.

After 3 days and 2 nights, I have realised that, Executive Club Floor at Regal Hong Kong is a whole lot better!!! Ms. Angela Mak has been very helpful to me. Whatever I need, she would try her very best to fulfill my needs.

The best impression, I have from her was the stitching on my trouser became undone and I didn't know what to do. So I bought it down to ask for help. Ms. Angela took my problem trouser away and immediately start sewing. Within minutes, my trouser was hand back to me and it was a good as new!!

What an experience to remember! A highly recommend to all the travelers to stay at the Executive Club Floor!!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

It was gratifying to read your positive comments and we were delighted to learn that you like our Executive Club floor guestrooms.

lease rest assured that your compliments have been shared with our associates as encouragement for our improvements in the future.

We thank you for sharing your experience with the worldwide travellers and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My experience was a business trip. I escorted about 20 people for 4-6 nights in HK.
The staff were excellent in general, however the management wanted to argue over every little thing. Great location, rooms are ok for HK as they can be small generally in the 4 star hotels. Definately not a five star.
To summaries, staff were very friendly, hotel was acceptable, but would I stay there again. Probably no, as you have a lot to chose from and I found there management very unfriendly and not easy to work with especially when you are looking after a group. There was no flexibility at all.They need to learn or take example from there own staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank adrian880

Dear Mr. Adrian,

Thank you for sharing comments with worldwide travellers and complimenting our staff.

We have taken note of your comment regarding our management and flexibility on operations. We apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had come across.

We hope this experience will not mar the overall impression of our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Regal Hong Kong Hotel as I was attending my Aunt's funeral. I booked the 'Free breakfast offer' that was, ironically, a pop-up window here on Tripadvisor. Whilst the hotel is in a convenient location (Times Sq, Victoria Park and the C'way Bay MTR station just a stones throw away), it's the complete lack of inflexibility, pettiness and quite frankly appalling customer service that lets this establishment down hugely.

To cut a very long and boring story short, I simply wanted to use 2 days worth of breakfast vouchers on one day, for myself and my family on the day of the funeral. We had all traveled from different parts of the globe (Singapore, Perth and UK) and it seemed to make sense to eat together that morning. I was told however (after getting our buffet breakfasts) that because the voucher states a different date, I couldn't use them. I was subsequently charged an additional HK$391 for 2 breakfasts, which in essence I had already paid for (and were really not worth it). To add insult to injury after taking this up with reception, and after an extremely long day, I was rudely awoken at 10pm to be told again, that it was impossible to use 4 breakfast vouchers a day - this really was the last thing on my mind!

Any positive aspects of this hotel (there were quite a few) have been marred by poor decision making and an inability to deviate from the 'rule book'. My family spent a total of 12 nights here, this was a trivial matter that could have been solved so easily, but which tainted a perfectly good stay on the start of a new lunar year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mejo09
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Arriving at this hotel and how the shuttle had to negotiate entry to the front, plus seeing the frenzy in the lobby on entering, with all the "in your face" lights, glitz, and colour, made me shudder and ask myself "Why did my wife and I book in here?"
My first shock was compounded when I saw where the registration desk was situated literally "off" the lobby, and in the area's relative smallness, one had to line up to check-in, with quite a wait.
Then I remembered it was the Chinese New Year, hence everyone rushing around.
Also, I was reminded how long it has been since last being in Hong Kong/Kowloon.
Things certainly have changed somewhat over the years, so this Westerner had to make some changes of approach to how life functions, for sure.

My concerns were allayed when the registration clerk apologised for the wait and the hubbub, and said we were to check in on the 31st floor as our reservation was for the Executive Club area.
With that, she proceeded to leave the desk, call up to the 31st floor, and walk us to the elevator bank, making sure we were safely onboard.
She refused to let us take our baggage with us advising it would arrive at our room by porter.
The 31st floor check-in was handled smoothly, courteously and efficiently, and our room was well furnished, had lots of glass, was spacious, with a comfortable bed and every other amenity,we would want.The bathroom was sparkling.
Over the next 4 and a half days, we found the reception, restaurant and lounge staffed with friendly and caring people who looked to every comfort they could offer.
Room service and house keeping didn't let their side down, either.
Not out of range cost-wise and yet upscale. .
A most satisfying stay and a definite "return to" hotel.
Especial Thank You's to Andy, Christy, Angela, Iris

Room Tip: Reserve a room in the Executive Club with a Harbour View. I cannot remark on the regular rooms belo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank XSATG

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us and the worldwide travellers.

We are glad to read your positive comments about our location, facilities and the friendliness of our staff. Your compliments have been shared with our associates to encourage them for future improvements.

We thank you for staying at the Regal Hongkong Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at the Regal for the first time in the 3rd week of January; slightly old decor with mirrors everywhere in the rooms except for the ceiling; but comfortable stay - nice clean beds and a fair sized bathroom. The Aircons are old and are noisy, but again they are effective.

Cabs were a bit of a problem, but it was morning rush hour, so no major issues.
I liked the paintings of Paris along the corridor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and worldwide travellers.

We have also taken note of your comments on the maintenance and we have fixed it immediately.

Whilst it may take time to get a taxi during peak hours, our Concierge will be delighted to pre-arrange one for you.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel is located on the edge of Causeway Bay but a 5 minute walk to the station. Rooms are a little dated and were designed with 80's "bling" in mind - similar to what I see in mainland China. The room overall was clean but my room safe did not work and I asked housekeeping to fix it while I was out but it was still broken when I got back for the night. Lastly, I don't think this would impact most people but if you have internet access included in your rate, it is only for 2 devices - they charge for the 3rd without telling you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business