5,543 results
All reviews between flights arrivals hall connecting flight hour layover an early morning flight long flight covered walkway an overnight stay executive floor stayed one night executive club short stay convenient location checking in late check your luggage an upgrade
Reviewed October 27, 2010

very good service,excellent polite and kind crew; these people made us feel like we were there personal guests.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
RegalAirportManager, Hotel Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2010

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments and hope you had a safe trip back, it was our pleasure to have you here with us during your stay. Please let me know if I can be of help in the future when visiting Hong Kong again.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

The hotel photos, the appearance of the common areas, and the hotel's claim to have been voted among the best in the world in some category or another, all led me to think this would be a really spiffy place to stay, but once I got into my room, I realized it wasn't what it seemed.

First, the good news: it's attached to the airport by a walkway, so you can go back and forth between them in just 5-10 min. It was definitely nice to have the extra time when leaving on an early morning flight. Also, most of the staff I encountered could not have been nicer, especially at the concierge/bell stand where, among other things, they made it very easy to use the free shuttle service to and from the city. While the room wasn't the quietest I've ever stayed in when it came to the neighboring rooms, I have to say I didn't hear any significant noise from the airport, which was nice.

As for the bad news: the hotel photos showed a much nicer room than the one I actually had (5147). The rooms are a bit "dated", to put it nicely, just for starters. The curtains in my room wouldn't fully join because the hooks at the top of the right-hand curtain were broken and hanging off the curtain rod; and the curtains were stained and just looked like they needed to be retired asap. Otherwise, the room was clean, but just not as nice as it looked in the photos. The shower was just sort of "ok"; decent pressure, etc., but the lumpy, worn-looking rubber mat in the tub felt kind of "icky" somehow.

The Internet service was very tempermental; they charge $6 HKD per minute, up to a max of $120 HKD per 24-hr period, but trying to keep a connection was difficult, at best. While I was able to connect at first, it wasn't long before I got an error message and the suggestion to call the "help desk", which I didn't have time to do because of meetings, etc. As I told the desk clerk when checking out, I probably got about an hour's worth of use out of the 24-hr period. Also, my statement when checking out showed that I owed $240 HKD - in other words, two Internet charges - even though both were for the same person and the same date. The person I spoke to was nice enough to take one day's charges off when I pointed this out, telling her I had not, and had no reason to sign up for this twice in the same 24-hr period, but had I not paid close attention, she would've charged me double for it. And I have to say, to her credit, that when I just mentioned, in passing, the connection problems, she took off the other one-day charge as well, which was very nice of her.

For the sake of comparison, I stayed the first night in Hong Kong just down the road at the Novotel City Gate Hotel, and found it to be MUCH nicer, even though the rate was comparable if not a bit lower than the Regal. The room was much more modern and everything about it, from the carpet to the bed, the TV to the shower, was just more upscale.

The Regal is, by no means, a "bad" place to be avoided at all costs. Just understand that you're getting a room that seems it has seen better days and needs an update pretty badly. It seems this hotel puts most of its money into its lobby and other common areas which, while looking a bit "Vegas", are certainly very nice.

Overall, if it's your only choice, stay there and no major concerns. However, if you can find something else for a comparable price, especially the Novotel, take it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for bringing up the matter to our attention. I'm disappointed to hear that the room and the service did not meet your expectations and the internet was unstable during your stay. We are constantly upgrading our facilities but being such a big hotel some of the rooms are still to be retouched, note that the comments on the room you occupied have been rectified immediately.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback as your comments we will be able to improve our services to our guests and rest assured that we will take the appropriate actions to prevent these matters happen again in the future.

Please next time you are planning to pass by Hong Kong let me know and I will make sure we take good care of you.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

made the booking online, direct with the hotel. I only needed the room for a few hours for a lay down, shower and check emails.
At check in got told room wasn't ready, will be a 2 hours. Finally got a room that was dirty and the internet didn't work.
Next time I will stay at the airport and pay to go into the Pay-In Lounge at Hong Kong airport.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank questoz
RegalAirportManager, Hotel Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for brining up the matter to our attention. I'm disappointed to hear that your room wasn't ready upon arrival and that it was dirty when you finally got it. Since we launched our day use package which allows you to stay in the room from 8 am to 9pm we had only received positive feed back so I'm surprised that it wasn't ready upon check-in. We will make sure to take the appropiate actions to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I would appreciate if you could contact me to share more in detail your feedback on your short stay.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback and please next time you are planing to pass by Hong Kong let me know and I will make sure we take good care of you.

Thank you and best regards.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have chosen the airport hotel since I had to leave Hong Kong early next day. Despite the quite convenient location the hotel is not much to talk about. The service has been ok but not outstanding. The room had already been a deluxe room but did not look like that at all. I wonder what the standard room looks like then. You could always hear the neighbor using the shower or the toilet. The nice thing though is that the hotel is directly connected with Terminal 1 and it takes only about 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to the terminal. Poor price-performance ratio!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank CositaBerlin
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Our Virgin Atlantic flight back to England broke down on the runway so they checked us in to the Regal Airport Hotel, said they would drop off our bags in our room and gave all 3 of us free dinner buffet vouchers, which was nice. Check in was very smooth. We immediately went to the buffet place as we were so hungry. They seated us in seconds and let us enjoy the meal. There was such a large selection which didn't have a chance to get round to all of it! There was a chocolate fountain for the marshmellows which my children absolutely loved and a wide range of cusine for me as well. My favourite was the grain-fed chicken. That is so rare! Most chicken is fodder-fed and does not taste as nice as grain-fed chicken. Before we went to our room, we checked out the complex. There was some singing entertainment and a nice little shop in which we bought some souvenirs to take home with us. Great! We decided to go to the room with the place having impressed us so much and our stomachs bursting. The room did not disappoint. It was spanking clean, and because it was on the wrong side of the airport, was very quiet as well. The beds were so comfy, much better than lots of hotels we stayed at. We asked them to give us a wake up call at 5am (that was the inconvienient time our new flight was leaving at - the kids weren't too pleased!!!) and fell asleep straight away. I didn't want to leave! Brilliant Hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Danniboii100
RegalAirportManager, Hotel Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Dear sir/madam

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your stay with us and sharing your feedback. I'm glad to hear that overall you had a good experience,, we will continue providing the professional services and improve the hotel facilities as well. Next time if you pass by Hong Kong please do contact me and I will help to arrange your accomodation so your family will be more comfortable.

Again thank you for the feedback and best regards.