“The best transit break you could experience”

Ranked #102 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Recently flew from London to Sydney with a 9 hour stop over in Hong Kong. We decided to make the most of this time and get a room at the Regal Airport. My daughter and I had a fabulous break, whilst she enjoyed a gym workout, I had a beautiful swim in the outdoor pool (even though the indoor pool looked equally enticing). We then decided to treat ourselves to a spa treatment which was incredible - such a beautiful room, fabulous treatment and such incredible value. We then showered and enjoyed a terrific meal downstairs. Neither of us wanted to leave but getting on another nine hour flight was a breeze as we felt so refreshed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and worth having a longer delay at the airport just for this experience..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Regal Airport Hotel.

We are delighted to learn about your pleasant stay in our hotel and your appreciation of our services and recreational facilities.
Your comments are being shared with all our dedicated Associates.

We hope to soon be seeing you back for a much longer stay!

Kind regards,

Jan Kirstein,

There are newer reviews for Regal Airport Hotel

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We recently stayed for 3 nights adding a couple of leisure days to a business trip. The hotel's location allowed me to make my early morning and late night return flights with ease whilst my wife had simple and efficient access via the Airport Express train to Kowloon and Central for the "must do" sights and shopping.
The room was very comfortable and quiet and the club lounge and staff were excellent . My wife was very impressed with the Spa and the gym. We didn't get to use the pool areas but they certainly looked inviting.
We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Regal Airport Hotel.

We are looking most forward to your next visit and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

The Regal hotel is perfect if you have to spend one night in Hong Kong airport. It is directly linked to the terminal with 5 minutes walk. At the basement of the hotel you'll find some restaurants. I had dinner in a japanese and it was really very good. Rooms are nice and no noises from outside. I was on the club floor and had complimentary breakfast in a nice lounge.

• Stayed: April 2011
RAH_HK, Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Thank you for staying at the Regal Airport Hotel.

We are delighted to learn about your pleasant stay in our hotel and your appreciation of our services and quality of food in our Japanese Restaurant.

We are looking most forward to your next visit and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

The only good thing about this hotel is the location - right next to the airport. Stayed in this hotel for one night, on transit to Canada. The bed was not very comfortable and not very clean. The bathroom was a tad small and dim. You can eat at the airport or in the hotel. Or you can take a free shuttle to the Citygate mall. There are restaurants, a grocery store and you can do some shopping there too. Unfortunately I would rather stay at the Novotel (again) that is attached to the Citygate mall when I'm in transit in HK next time around - cleaner room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I usually have an aversion to staying in airport hotels, so I was truly amazed to find the Regal Airport HKG so welcoming and accommodating.

The service was first class as was the room.

The biggest surprise was the excellence of their restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are delighted to hear about your pleasant stay and shall continue to strive exceeding our guest’s expectations.

It has been a great pleasure to serving you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We arranged a day stay at the hotel whilst transiting from Australia enroute to Canada with a 9 hour stopover. I found this hotel online and checked out the reviews on trip advisor before booking it direct through their website (you are unable to book a day stay through any of the regular accommodation sites). Overall, this hotel was perfect to rest and refresh ready for our continued journey with our 2 young children. I would highly recommend staying here if you are stuck in HK for several hours waiting for a connection.

Good points
- excellent location: only a short walk across an enclosed pedestrian bridge from the airport - you can see the hotel from the windows of the luggage hall; allow 30-45 mins to disembark from the plane, catch the train to the arrivals area in the terminal (this is easy - clearly signposted and trains run every 2-3 mins), clear immigration, and walk to the hotel (this was easy enough for us to do, even with 2 young kids in tow)
- great health spa - can book a massage/treatment before or on arrival - my masseuse was excellent!
- pleasant poolside area with excellent changerooms
- quiet rooms (we had a room overlooking the runway with no external noise whatsoever)
- regal club room came with free internet access

A few annoyances:
- variable staff - the health spa staff were very helpful, the reception was a little hit & miss - despite requesting a 7am check-in at the time of booking our room was still not ready when we finally arrived at 9am after our flight was delayed (they did however supply us with a free buffet breakfast voucher which we enjoyed)
- priority check-in ignored - we had also booked a Regal Club room with priority check-in - I had to wait at the priority check-in counter on two separate occasions with different staff where I presented to see if our room was ready yet, whilst several people that arrived after me at the standard check-in counter were served first!
- uninspiring rooms with bland decor - we booked a regal club room which was very standard in its presentation (so much so that I rang the assistant manager when we arrived to confirm if we were actually in a regal club room); however, it was comfortable enough, clean and the bathroom was nicely refurbished and well stocked with necessary toiletries
- corridors in our wing smelt like guests have previously smoked there, even if not presently allowed - I was much relieved to find the room was odour free though
- regal club room comes with club access with free refreshments, but we discovered when we arrived that we couldn't use it because children are not allowed

Overall, if you are transiting through HK with several hours between connecting flights then I would definitely recommend staying here. We thoroughly enjoyed the ability to lie supine, go have a spa treatment, and take the kids to the pool for a refreshing swim. If you are staying overnight or longer, then I would definitely recommend to head into Hong Kong proper instead.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CarKri02
RAH_HK, Officer at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with our location, services and facilities. I have also taken note of your suggestions on how to further improve the arrival experience and our room décor and consideration will be given to further enhance our guest’s experience in the future.

Once again, I thank you for your invaluable comments and hope to have the pleasure of soon welcoming you back to the Regal Airport Hotel.

Alexander Haeusler
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed March 23, 2011

What can I say? It's an airport hotel--it won't rock your world. But you can walk to it without ever leaving the airport terminal. Can't beat that for convenience! The rooms are not a bad size, compact but not crazy-small, clean and modern looking. My bathtub drain didn't work but it wasn't worth calling maintenance about.

The one annoyance was room service wanted either cash or to charge my credit card directly. Due to the language barrier, all we could find out was for some reason the front desk hadn't passed my credit card info on to the room service people?! Never heard of that one before. (I will dispute with Visa if we get double charged, so it's not a huge deal, esp since I used my low-credit limit credit card that I reserve for potentially dodgy situations.)

Room service was prompt and the menu was good. Lots of choices whether your taste is towards Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Western or vegetarian options. Lots of healthy and low-cal options, even on their slim 24-hour menu! Loved having a nice warm bowl of oatmeal, fresh fruit and yogurt at 1 AM after getting off our flight. This is a convenient and safe place to spend your stopover.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Yuki_8
RAH_HK, Officer at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with our location, services and facilities.

Regarding your query about the billing of your room service consumption, I wish to confirm that we have not charged your credit card (since payment was made by you in cash).

I trust that the above clarifies your concern and would be delighted to welcome you back to our multi-award winning hotel in the future.

Alexander Haeusler